“One of the best”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am a regular in Kasturi, more often for take away than to sit in and it is consistently great.
I have varied dishes but overall can give my best recommendation for the following:
Samosa are always nice and sometimes I go for the Tandoori Mackeral starter
There is a lovely spicy Jalfrezi, I tend to go for chicken.
The chana palak and sag aloo are so so good.
I lived in Birmingham and the "Balti Triangle" never impressed me as much as Kasturi. The naan breads are exceedingly good, I have had peshwari and plain , the plain one is great value.
The staff are always very polite and attentive, even for take away!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Loved this place from start to finish...excellent menu,very professional staff,drinks a little expensive but don't be put off,,seven of us dined here on Saturday 3rd may...would recommend to anyone...

Reviewed 23 March 2014

i have had take out food from here on 3 occasions and after the first time when i had a bhuna which was very bland served to me by a very ignorant man, i should have stayed away after that but i do believe in giving the benefit of the doubt, the second experience was exactly the same as the first and last night i had the worst chicken madras i have ever tasted, boring , tasteless and wonder if the chef is even qualified, served to me by the same ignorant man who short changed me, i will never be back again, its terrible food.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was my third and final visit to this restaurant was hoping the staff were having off days on previous visits and was giving them the opportunity to make up for past bad experience. When we enter we were ushered back into the front waiting area for an unexplained 5/6 minutes wait before we we allowed into the empty restaurant.the manager had a look on his face like he just stepped in something unpleasant.and it went downhill from there.
These people do not make you feel welcome or relaxed, the way 99% of other indian restaurants do.
I live a short walk from this place, and prefer drive to the next town for a more welcoming atmosphere.

1  Thank ingles69Dublin
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The worst Indian meal, you cant even call it a meal, that we have ever had. Food tasted absolutely disgusting, we both had to throw ours out because we both felt our meals turned our stomachs (and we regularly eat out and have varied pallets). I don't usually write bad reviews but I felt I had to warn people - DO NOT EAT HERE! Hopefully the restaurant might see the review and stop selling such absolute muck!

3  Thank prozac1916