“Pleasant stay”

Moat Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Lucan B&B and Inns
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We had a very pleasant stay in this warm and cosy b n b.we needed to stay close to finnstown and location wise this establishment was perfect. We received a friendly welcome upon arrival and couldnt fault the Irish breakfast the following morning .We stayed for one night and felt it offered good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

'she' is a he and your bed linen was not fresh and crisp.

I stand by all of the content in my original review. I accept that the check out time was 10am but do not feel that it was dealt with in a courteous, professional manner.

E. MacGrianna

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

Location is fine if you are staying in Lucan. The rooms were average at best. My beds linen did not seem to be fresh. Found the owners to be quite rude on morning I left. More or less booted me out at 10am. Door was closed in my face when I requested a receipt from the reception. Will not be returning. Pity as I was planning on using on a regular basis. I'll be staying in the liffey valley clarion for the sake of an extra few bob. Their loss. Surprised that other reviews are positive. Hope they are genuine.

• Stayed August 2012
Krustacean, Owner at Moat Lodge, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Even after 10 years in the business and knowing that we can't always please everyone - we're still disappointed when people aren't completely satisfied with their stay at Moat Lodge.

This guest was asked to leave at our publicised checkout time because we had a pre-arranged appointment. She was a bit put out so proceeds to get her own back by referring to a nearby hotel in her review and making up stories about unclean linen. A lot of B&B's wash their own sheets - but ours have always been professionally laundered and will always be crisp and spotless.
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I absolutly loved my stay at the Moat!
The family room was great and the surroundings were peaceful.
reception was 110% friendly and breakfeast was great. We had an early departure and breakfeast was served a bit sooner then ususal.
All in all, if I´m in the area, I won´t think twice about where I would stay the night.
Thanks for the wonderful reception of four Finnish travelers who were desperate for a B&B.
I´m just sorry we only stayed one night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I loved my stay in Moat Lodge B&B! I stayed at the B&B for five nights and the owners were ever-so-helpful from the get-go! If I had any problems, such as the wifi not working, they'd try and fix with me. If I had a question where something was or how to get somewhere, they were willing to guide me the right way! The breakfast was very nice, the room was tidied every morning while I was enjoying my breakfast and just overall a pleasant start of my move to Ireland. I had such a great experience while there!

Moat Lodge is in a quiet location, and I didn't have any disturbances of neighboring visitors even when it was full! I'd highly recommend this B&B for anyone who is looking for a quiet stay, near Dublin.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Barneveld, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 July 2012

On our visits to Ireland, we always stay at Moat Lodge B&B. To date we haven't found another B&B that quite compares when it comes to the friendliness and helpfulness of the hosts, the cleanliness of the rooms and it's convenient location. We always look forward to our stays there and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great B&B. Thanks again for always making our stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: We always use the family room and it is really spacious with a lovely en-suite!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Centereach, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We arrived at the moatlodge to spend the night before my cousins wedding. After checking in the owner of the bed and breakfast told us that we had to be out of the house by 10:00am, because that is when check out was. Unfortunately, there would be no way that we would be able to check out than because our appointments to get our hair and stuff done for the wedding was at 10:00am and the wedding wasn't until 1:00, so we wouldn't be able to check out until at least 12:30pm. If she had told us this when we had called to make the reservation, we would have taken our business else where.
The owner was not willing to compromise with us at first and it wasn't until we all said well than we are going to leave this b&b and go somewhere else that she was a little more understanding. She eventually allowed us all to stay until 12:30 and everyone was happy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Lucan Spa Hotel
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#68 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Moat Lodge? Share your experiences!