“Good steaks........”

Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Lucan
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving Lunch from 12pm with fresh salads, skinny soups and daily hot specials of quiches and pies. The evening menu has all the classic pub favorites including steak on the stone, slow roasted belly of pork with home made desserts such as key lime pie to finish. Our contemporary Sunday Brunch is the perfect Sunday afternoon treat with sweet and savory offerings from cinnamon French toast to eggs Benedict and not forgetting two roast joints with all the trimmings. There is something for everyone in the family with the Kids menu offering of €5 for a main course served with a selection of fresh vegetables and a scoop of ice cream to finish.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good steaks........”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Ate here with colleagues from work.

NIce atmosphere if a little modern but bar staff and waitress excellent....tried a couple of local Dublin beers and then enjoyed a great fillet steak on the stone. Highly recommended.

All in all a good meal and not bad value for what we paid including the wine and beers........

• Visited June 2014

Western Ireland, Ireland
“Food not up to standard”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited this Pub last weekend with my family.The service was not great it took several attempts to attract a waiter eventually it took the manager to notice we were not service. I ordered the special a meat pie,which was extremely hot burnt the roof of my mouth. It was extremely greasy but did have a flavour. The pie crust was over cooked,maybe added to heat to heat the pie up i suspect. My son had the steak, was not asked what way he would like it cooked. My wife had the fish just no flavour,with chips which turned out to be slices of cooked potatoes again dried out more like crisps, a mixed leaves add on which had no place on the dish. I had read other reviews which prompted me to visit so i hope my experience was a once off.

2 Thank AmpedAF
Dublin, Ireland
“A welcome addition”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Yes I enjoyed the food here, on the maiden voyage I had the hake and risotto which was delicious and the steak on a stone the second time, equally good. The service was good and there was a good mix of families and groups of women eating around us. You can't book and it was busy on both occasions. There are huge telly screens everywhere which was a little distracting I could do without them. The atmosphere was lively. Great to see a new, local place to go. We'll be back for sure.

Dublin, Ireland
“Second great meal there”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Went to Carrolls Gastropub in Lucan last week - second time I have had food there . Both times I have had the Fillet steak on the stone , was so good the first time I had it again . It was really busy ( a Friday night ) and had to wait for a table but it was worth it . My friends had pork belly , hake and beef and Guinness pie - all very happy . A nice bottle ( or two !) of red wine ( Tapaz) washed it all down . Great to have such a place locally .

1 Thank ceannain
Madrid, Spain
“Great food !!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

A lovely experience , I strongly recommend it to everyone. They are very flexible and kind ! Great food and they also have many beers to chose !

1 Thank minouneta