My wife and I attended a recent awards ceremony at this hotel which was attended by about 1,000 people. It's located beside a large business park, and there is really nothing located nearby. There's plenty of parking, although some of the parking is a fair distance from the hotel.
When we arrived at 3:30pm, check-in was prompt. We had a room in the Palmerstown wing, and it's a goodly distance to walk as it is really in a different block from the main reception. On our way to the room, we met a collegue and he informed us that he had been unable to shower thus far, as there was no cold water. We thought it strange that we hadn't been told at reception, and also imagined the rush for showers once the water was made available again. Luckily by 4:45, the water was back, but as expected, the hot water lasted less than 10 minutes as everybody tried to take a shower at the same time. From previous reviews, it seems that plumbing in this hotel isn't the best feature. My own personal gripe is that the shower was made for people of less that 5 feet 6 inches (1.7 metres) in height and since I'm 6'2" (1.88 metres), I ended up having to painfully crouch for my hot->luke warm->cool shower.
This was the low point though - everything else was pretty much as you'd expect. The hosting of the ceremony was very professional, the staff were attentive and polite, and the food at the event was truly excellent and far better than what we expected for such a large event. Some of the table staff tended to be very over-zealous with topping up wine glasses, but this seems a minor point given the organization that went into the event.
We didn't try any of the leisure facilities.
Overall, it met our expectations on what to expect. Don't go expecting pampering or luxury or good transport links into Dublin. Do go if you expect a functioning hotel with a good standard of rooms, food, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our superb location in South Dublin puts you in easy reach of everything from Dublin city centre and airport, each of which is a mere 25 minutes away, to the hills of Wicklow and the plains of Kildare. We even have a Luas light-rail stop on our doorstep, which will take you to the city centre in just 50 minutes. It's the perfect place for a city break and with Ireland's largest choice of conference space, it is the perfect place for your conference, meeting or special occasion. Whatever brings you here, you'll find everything you need on site - a leisure centre with 20 metre pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room and an 18 hole golf course designed by the late Christy O'Connor Junior. The newly renovated Woodlock Brasserie and Swift Bars are also available on site for all dining requirements as well as complimentary parking and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Citywest Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citywest Hotel, Conference, Leisure & Golf Hotel Saggart
- Citywest Hotel, Conference, Leisure And Golf Resort
- Citywest Hotel Dublin
- Citywest Resort Dublin
- Citywest Hotel County Dublin/Saggart