“Weekend away”
Review of Citywest Hotel

Citywest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saggart
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a great hotel set in Saggart - 40 mins away (by Luas) from Dublin city centre. The hotel had everything - restaurants, Golf, Gym on site etc. The hotel is quite big with long hallways that sport lots of photographs of Ireland gone by, enjoyed the walk to the reception looking at these. The hotel is very Child friendly and the staff are great and very accommodating and polite. I'll be back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for your lovely review. We were absolutely delighted to have had the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel.

We always like to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us and I will be sure to circulate your feedback to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Citywest Hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Citywest Hotel

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here as it was close to a wedding we were attending. Overall, was very good. Massive hotel, could do with larger/more lifts.

Nicely decorated, big, clean rooms.

Breakfast was average, and would have been speeded up if it was self service.

In all, a nice hotel, its a bit far out of the city but perfect if you needed to stay in that area for whatever reason, good value too.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at The Citywest Hotel, Dublin. We were delighted to welcome you and happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to seeing you in Citywest Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here last Sunday evening as part of a package tour with National Holidays. Our room was beautiful., Our package included a three course evening meal, however I found it very strange that being a diabetic when I asked for cheese and biscuits instead of a dessert I was informed that they did not have any. I was brought a beautiful fresh fruit salad, however that can still bring about a sugar rush. Never mind we still enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre and for taking the time to share your experience. We strive everyday to exceed our guest's expectations and we're glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the cheese and biscuits and will pass them onto our Head Chef.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

A hotel is very often judged on first impressions and first impressions are made by the first encounter with the staff. The reception staff are disinterested and unhelpful. Don't expect any kind of welcome from them, which reflects poorly on a hotel reliant on tourists. I stay in a good deal of hotels and this shows poor training.The porter was also somewhat surly and his function seemed to be that of a low grade bouncer, even chewing gum, which is many things but not professional. The restaurant staff, whom I found friendly and accommodating, made up for the poorly trained reception staff. The rooms themselves were fine, that is if you can find your room.The hotel is large and it is not an exaggeration to say that you will spend up to ten minutes walking from reception to your room and then your key card does not work so you have trudge all the way back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Citywest Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. I deeply regret that your arrival did not meet your expectations and am very dissapointed to hear that you found our Reception Team neither welcoming or interested.

Since receiving your review, we have used your feedback as a topic of training for the team and I can assure you that this training will continue until all staff are aware of the importance of first impressions.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly by dialing the hotel or mailing marketing@citywesthotel.com as I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter further.

Front Office Manager

Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Very beautiful hotel with lovely scenery & surroundings. If you are going to a show or event that is on in the hotel grounds it's best to stay at the hotel like we did. I took my little cousin to Disney on ice which was on in their event building & we had a great time & lovely stay. Can't remember the price but I'm sure it wasn't stand out cheep or expensive just about right for what you would expect for a money making family event. Place was packed with people when we arrived but staff were excellent & professional enough to get everyone checked in quickly & smoothly. Rooms were very very nice & spacious & very very clean. If you are going to a family event or a show with friends like the Grand Prix of darts & staying at the hotel it's self I'm sure ye will have a great time & a great stay. It's also about a half hour on the luis from the city centre just so ye know. It's the very last stop & then a 5 to 10 minute walk to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest,

We were absolutely delighted to have had the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel for Disney on Ice. We always like to hear that our guests have enjoyed the time with us and I will be sure to circulate your feedback to the team.

We look forward to seiing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is situated close to the city west business park in a picturesque setting,making it suitable for business or leisure.

I stayed in the city west hotel overnight, I booked a single room and got a spacious double room.
The room was maintained to a very high standard, as was the bathroom.

On arrival I found the staff professional and welcoming, and had the same experience for breakfast.

Overall even though it's located outside Dublin city, it's represents incredible value baed on the rates and the quality of hotel and rooms.

A positive I must note is how quiet the hotel was and there was absolutely no noise from other rooms.

This is one of the better hotels I have encountered in some time, and would recommend to others.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review of your recent stay with us. We were absolutely delighted to have had the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel.

Thank for for your lovely comments regarding our team. We always like to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us and appreciate the good value and customer service we have to offer.

It was our pleasure to have you with us. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here on our final night in Ireland. Had a voucher for the hotel as part of our package deal, so I can't make comments as to wether it is overpriced. We had to leave before breakfast, so they packed us a takeaway breakfast, not too special a muffin, a bottle of water (which we gave to the shuttle driver, since we couldn't take it through airport security)apple and banana. Yogurt would have been nice. Found all the staff to be helpful. No food except sandwiches at the bar after 6 ( or somewhere about then). Lobby/bar had wifi, nice place to sit. Room clean and spacious. Had tea in room. Not close enough to anywhere to walk to, or get to easily. Big place, so it is a hike to most of the room. Again, the staff at the desk and bar were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't think any have a view, as such.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that our Reception staff looked after your early morning departure with a packed breakfast, however I will pass on your feedback to the relevant departments.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Citywest Hotel in the near future and would be delighted to assist you with any future bookings you may have.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
#1 of 1 in Kingswood
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#2 of 7 in Clondalkin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#69 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!