“Relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saggart
Fishers, IN
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first stay in Ireland after traveling from the States. They allowed us to have an early check-in which worked out wonderfully! We were in a group of 12 and the staff was very accommodating. The bar area was very large and comfy. The negatives is that since our room was very warm, we had the windows open and the service vehicles were very loud throughout the night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at The Citywest Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and especially enjoyed the small things such as an early check in, our staff appreciate that you would have been travelling through the night and were only happy to assist.

I will certainly speak with our service staff about your comments regarding the noise, I apologise that you were disturbed at such an early hour.

Once again, thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel on your recent visit to Ireland. We look forward to welcoming you and your party back soon.

Kind Regards,
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a good hotel except for a couple of things.First if you are using a sat nav and phone up for the address,they give you garter avenue,there is not one.It is on garter lane

.2nd It's not the hotels fault but there is a monster of a roadworks just down the road I got lost trying to make sense of the sat nav and spent about a hour and a half in a hot car on a friday evening,so avoid rush hour like the plague.

3rd it would be handy if you have a few ill mannered children so you can get your own back in the creche they call reception.Ball games at 10 at night in reception is not on.Also the dining room is like a playground with the background music of very young children playing drums on the plates with the spoons.

Now the good bits,the rooms are large very clean and the beds are huge,there is also a good size bathroom with a good shower.There is no wifi in the rooms but there is a cable to plug into your computer,but it's not a lot of good to a smart phone,however there is wifi in the creche or reception as they call it.,Good tv with some freeview channels

I walked out of the dining room and asked one of the staff to see if there was any seats in the other restaurant but no luck the more savvy guests had filled it up with a hours wait,but the member of staff I asked recommended a restaurant called The Anvil 10 mins walk away.You must try this place,it's a bit pricey but worth it ( the striploin steak is excellent )

The staff at the hotel are brilliant and nothing is too much bother for them,one of them suggested I try the tram it's a 10 min walk and a 24 hour ticket is 5 euros. it's a lot easier than trying to drive and park.

All in all it's good,clean and comfortable,the staff are great but if like me your kids have flown it might be worth looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Bit hard this,the hotel is huge so the quite rooms are a long walk.The near rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Eamonn C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Citywest Hotel. I was delighted to read your feedback.

I take on board all the points you mentioned including those regarding the sat nav directions and signage. I was very happy to read that you found our staff so helpful and will be sure to pass your comments on to our team.

Thank you for choosing The Citywest Hotel, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm Regards
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second time here while working in Dublin. The hotel is very large however it's in serious need of being updated. The hotel corridors look like the shining, pretty sure I saw two girls on the opposite end of the corridor when I was walking to my room!

My room was spacious, the bed was comfortable but again the bedroom and bathroom were dated. There was no WiFi in the room which was a shame as I couldn't use my tablet in the room when using my laptop I had to sit next to the Ethernet cable.

There was also no iron or ironing board which I had to ring to get one delivered to my room which was there upon returning from my evening meal at the lemongrass (very nice). One think worth noting however when I tried relogging into my laptop it came up saying "log in failed incorrect password entered too many times." As I know my password I can only assume a hotel employee tried accessingy account while dropping the iron off. I'm in the process of getting the login history from our it department so will be getting in touch with the management shortly.

The breakfast bars also seemed abit dirty and scruffy. I had melon which I only noticed going a shade of brown after placing on my plate.

Overall average hotel, wouldn't come here when visiting socially. Had a couple of beers looking over the golf course however which was definitely the highlight.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Citywest Hotel.

I was both disappointed and happy to read about your stay. I have noted your feedback, all very relevant points, and I will pass them on to the Head of departments. We do hope to make some changes in the coming months.

Thank you for choosing The Citywest Hotel on your recent trip to Dublin. It was our pleasure to have you with us. I look forward to your return.

Kind Regards
Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Saggart hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at this hotel . The staff was lovely and helpful I myself was in a wheelchair. The kids had a brilliant time at kids club. The food was lovely. Definitely we be coming back to stay with ye :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Emer Q
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your fantastic review of your recent stay! We were delighted to have had the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel and thank for your lovely comments regarding our team.
We always like to hear that our guests have enjoyed the time with us and I will be sure to circulate your feedback to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband recently stayed at the Citywest hotel for a large Tech conference which had IT professionals and experts flying in from all over the world, and the general feeling was that people were greatly disappointed with the hotel. The Hallways looked like something out of the film 'The Shinning', the room decore was something out of the 80s, and the lack of WiFi was like being back in the 90s! My husband was told that his room did have Ethernet!!! Yes, because you can easily connect your iPad or tablet using an Ethernet cable!!! Considering that this is not the first year that this conference has been held at the hotel you would think that they would have improved their facilities, but no! Even the organiser of the conference had problems with his room and several complaints have been made with the organisers regarding this hotel! Hopefully they will relocate the conference next year!

I would recommend that you avoid this hotel if you are looking to organise an event which requires good IT facilities and dependable WiFi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank HelloKittyCrazy
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at The Citywest Hotel, Dublin.

Our team will be disappointed to hear your feedback regarding your conference meeting. I can assure you that we will be updating our internet facilities in the very near future.

I would be grateful if you would contact me directly to discuss your issues further. You can email me at marketing@citywesthotel.com or call the hotel directly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 16month old child on a last minute decision and we were not disappointed. The room we stayed in was very big and suited us greatly as it had to accommodate a travel cot for our daughter. The room was clean and felt very sumptuous and had a jacuzzi bath. Each member of staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful. The hotel had a playroom on the 3rd floor and also showed movies for the kids in the evening. The swimming pool was quite busy when we went and to be honest could have done with some staff supervision as there were a few teenagers that were playing very roughly rapid and in the pool which was quite off putting when we had a young toddler with us. We would definitely recommend this hotel for families and potential golfers and we will certainly be staying again

• Stayed July 2014
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Citywest Hotel. I was delighted to read about your stay. I have noted your feedback about the points you have mentioned and I will pass them on to the Leisure Centre Management.

Kind Regards,
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed 1 night while travelling. A very large hotel complex with very comfortable and well appointed rooms. Breakfast was buffet albeit tea and/or coffee was delivered very efficiently to the table by very friendly and efficient staff. Choices were excellent and special orders such as poached eggs were not a problem. The hotel is only an easy 10 minute walk from the Saggart terminus of the Luas tram service to Dublin with a return ticket costing only 5Euros.
On the down side we were located on the 4th floor of the Palmerston wing which is located adjacent to some generating equipment which runs continuously and is very noisy. Secondly it was a Saturday evening and there were hoards of kids around. So much so that we left the hotel and sought a local hostelry for dinner.
Nonetheless good value for money

Room Tip: Avoid the Palmerston wing
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre and for taking the time to share your experience. We strive everyday to exceed our guest's expectations and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I take on board your comments regarding your room allocation and will update your details to ensure on any future stays you are allocated in a more quiet area of the hotel.

Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again at Citywest Hotel.

Warm Regards,
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
Finnstown Castle Hotel
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
#2 of 4 in Tallaght

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!