“Best hotel in dublin”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saggart
cork
“Best hotel in dublin”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Every hotel my family and I stay in we always compare it to this one and none lives up to it. It is a fantastic family hotel, they have movie nights for kids and a games room to keep them occupied. The rooms are always immaculate and the food is always to a high standard. The staff are great and are always happy to help and offer suggestions for things to do in Dublin. I have recommended this hotel to a few fiends and they all had high praise for it.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms can be noiser than other floors
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!!

We were absolutely delighted to have had the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and thank for your lovely comments regarding our team. We at Citywest love to hear that our guests have enjoyed the facilities we provide and I will be sure to circulate your feedback to the staff.

On your next visit to Dublin I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with any future bookings.

Once again, thank you for you lovely review.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Kildare
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Huge hotel, efficient but impersonal. Vending machines dotted around the corridors. Use of the swimming pool must be booked in advance. Seems to be aiming for family staycations, lots of kids running around. Not my kind of place, no atmosphere at all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsDKildare
Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations and you found Citywest impersonal. Our team will be disappointed to hear that on this occassion our customer service skills did not leave a lasting impression.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments further and would be grateful if you would contact me directly either by email marketing@citywesthotel.com or by dialing the hotel direct.

I look forward to hearing from you.

W. Yorkshire
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is an excellent and very large hotel. Everywhere was visually pleasing. My room was good sized for a single person and there was a pleasant feeling of luxury. Everything was well thought out and I can find nothing to criticise at all. The dining room was very large but the service was so professional that there were never any queues. The tables were tastefully laid out and the food was good to look at and tasty.
it was raining when I was there but I did walk around the most interesting grounds. The lake and the fountain were a feature and I liked the statues near the front entrance.
This is a hotel I will come back to if at all possible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mary T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel.

I was delighted to read your lovely comments about the location and the service you received in the dining room.

On your next trip to Dublin I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation. I look forward to hearing from you,

Warm Regards,
Gemma Kavanagh,
Front of Manager
Llandeilo, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was at this hotel for a family funeral. We had food from the carvery, which was very good, and then partook of copious amounts of falling-down water whilst having some Craic with the family many of whom I hadn't seen for years. The atmosphere was very good particularly for such a large hotel mainly because the space was divided up into small friendly bars and rooms.
The hotel room was exceptional as it was furnished with standalone pieces that you would find in a house rather than the standard hotel fixtures. I really liked the high level cistern in the bathroom too.
On the downside, the corridors all looked alike so quite a few people got lost, the breakfast was pretty average and it was a long trek from the hotel room to the reception, even when we didn't get lost.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patsy L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel. It was a delight to read your comments, especially about the atmosphere in the bar. It is our goal at The Citywest Hotel to create a friendly, warm and welcoming experience for each guest to experience. I will pass on your comments regarding breakfast to our Head Chef as all feedback is important.

On your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it would be a pleasure to assist you with a reservation.

Warm Regards,
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Have stayed at Citywest on quite a number of occasions of past couple of years with my daughter at Irish Dancing events.

The hotel itself is beautiful, with outstanding rooms and facilities. The staff will go out of their way to assist you with any needs. We did on one occasions unfortunately had a not so good room and we were upgraded for our next stay to a suite. Then once again the bed we had was a little old and maybe still had the shape of a few bodies in it... this was changed immediately - not only was the mattress changed, but the whole bed for new!

Apart from that everything was brilliant - we dined at the Lemongrass Restaurant - beautiful food - would definitely recommend it and quite reasonably priced too.

Hotel only round the corner from Luas station - which is reasonably priced and takes you straight into Dublin City Centre.

Room Tip: Definately get a suite - well worth it - dont go 5th floor - quite noisey with air con unit Palmer...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for your lovely review. We were absolutely delighted to have had the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel.

Our team will be happy to hear that you found our customer service skills to be so effective. When we come across issues we like to ensure that we do everything possible to make our guests stay with us as comfortable as possible.

I am sure we will be welcoming you back very soon. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Staff are friendly, although our room was clean it was not of a great standard friends of ours had a much nicer modern room in another part of the hotel although can't really complain as we got a reasonable rate.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre and for taking the time to share your experience. We strive everyday to exceed our guest's expectations and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We offer several different standards of rooms here at Citywest Hotel, I would be happy to allocate you to one of our Superior Rooms on any future bookings you have.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Kind Regards
Lisnaskea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife was attending a conference at the City West Hotel so we decided to book online for a one night stay. This was the first time we stayed here so I booked with an open mind.the check in went smoothly and efficiently and the room itself was first class. It was good to see that there was a courtesy car to the Lemongrass restaurant, it's just a pity there wasn't one to our room because it was further away from reception than the restaurant. This is probably to be expected given the size of the complex and not really a complaint but if you have any mobility issues request a room close to the hotel reception. All the staff were friendly and accommodating at all times. There were just a few little things that would have made our stay that little bit better.
1. WiFi in our room. I know from reading other reviews on Tripadvisor that this is a common complaint and that plans are in place to rectify this but I think a definite date should be decided for implementation, this problem seems to dragging on. In this super communication age it is a pity that a hotel of this standing does not have this facility.
2. Now for a very easily remedied request, complimentary bottles of water in the rooms. As in most hotels this is standard but seemingly not in the City West, which is a pity. Yes there are vending machines available close to reception but by the time I realised there was no complimentary water in the room it was midnight and I had to walk all the way back to reception it also cost €2 per bottle and a midnight craving for a packet of Tatyo crisps at €1.50.
3 Finally the last little thing, it would be great if there was a little map available of the complex and the surrounding area, it would be most helpful.

Overall apart from the little niggles as outlined above, staying at the City West Hotel was a pleasant experience and I will return.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems request a room near reception..
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at The Citywest Hotel, Dublin.

Our team will be delighted to hear the nice comments regarding your check in and your allocated room. I am pleased that you dined in the the fantastic Lemongrass Restaurant and took advantage of the courtesy car.

With reference to the WIFI, you have seen that it is something we are hoping to introduce very soon, we understand that it is now a necessity in all hotels. I will also speak to the Concierge regarding a map for the local area. All of the points you mentioned in your feedback will be discussed going forward.

I hope that on your next visit to Dublin, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
Finnstown Castle Hotel
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
#2 of 4 in Tallaght

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!