“Good for business or pleasure”
Review of Citywest Hotel

Citywest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saggart
Lanark, United Kingdom
“Good for business or pleasure”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A very good hotel with huge rooms and plenty of space to roam around. Friendly helpful staff ensure you're well taken care of during your stay. Definitely will return. Make sure you pay a visit to the Lemongrass restaurant, it's fantastic !! I've never tasted such good food for a long time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel.

I was delighted to read your lovely comments about our staff and the food in the fantastic Lemongrass Restaurant.

On your next trip to Dublin I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We came to the hotel and the weather was horrible really wet, we came in expecting to be to be welcomed but the staff at the reception didn't seem too bothered and didn't make eye contact with you. There was a wedding on and some other event with a lot of children so the hotel was very busy. Anyway, we went to the room and the room was very comfy the only complaints are they say they have broadband in the rooms, but not WiFi, so you could only connect your laptop to the adaptor_ the kettle was awful, cheap took over 5 minutes to boil. There was a very low selection of TV programs other than that it was a very comfortable room, very comfy bed and the bathroom was very nice.during the middle of the night a group of women decided to loudly talk outside our dfoor while we slept do it was hard to sleep. The next morning we got breakfast and the que for breakfast was massive and it felt like they were trying to squish everyone in the room. The food wasn't the best standard but the floors were absolutely disgusting!! Overall the bedroom was nice but the staff were not very good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre and for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations and you were unhappy with the customer service skills of our staff.

Since receiving your review, we have used your feedback as topics of training for the team to ensure this is improved upon.

Please feel free to contact me directly by dialing the hotel or emailing marketing@citywesthotel.com should you wish to discuss or share anything further.

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Saggart hotels

dublin
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The good,hotel and rooms are nice.The rest is a total shambles.

First off no wifi in rooms,been a tech writer wifi is a much needed commodity in today's world,fine there is ethernet cable but its like 1 metre long,leaving the portability factor out of question.

Noise levels throughout the night is unreal,kids in the bar at 11pm running around the place,no staff doing anything about it at all.Now i have kids myself and would not let them run around the place that hour of the night,even later on after midnight there was still kids running around.

TV In room was mounted on wall miles away from the bed which made my mobile phone look bigger plus the tv was tiny,also the channels listed in the guide,half of them not available to watch.
Heating in the room did not work either ,it was cold this night in particular.
The room seemed to be brushed over rather than cleaned,hand and fingerprints all over the place.
Corridors where dirty,on walking to room there was 4/5 hoovers outside store room just left there anyone could have tripped over one.

245 am i had my door hammered down by a security gaurd telling me to keep noise down,i was half asleep due to the noise,i said to him are you kidding he said no im telling everyone.So i watched him walk up the corridor and he did not knock on any other door,i also asked him what about the kids running up and down the corridors he just shrugged his shoulders.

This really annoyed me and my conclusion is maybe i had a nerfy old couple either side of me and they thought noise came from my room..

Drinks are way overpriced to say the least see photo below.

And to top it off my sink was riddled with ants,tried calling reception for an hour no answer no nothing and its a long walk to reception.

I was in the westwing section on the ground floor i advise to get a higher floor if you do stay.

I expect to be compensated for this hassle i never bothered to go to reception on the way out either because of the ignorance from trying to call before hand.

My daughters 6th birthday coming up soon and we where going to organise one of the bigger rooms,dont think i will after this and hopefully my experience was and will be an one off.

Room Tip: Do not stay on ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jimboirelandDublin
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. As expected I was very unhappy to read about the issues you experienced during your time here at Citywest Hotel and I do apologise for any inconvienance caused to you.

Your feedback will be discussed in full within each department in the Hotel to ensure these issues are resolved, however I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly and discuss in full your recent stay. I would appreciate if you could call me direct at the hotel or email me your details at marketing@citywesthotel.com.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had a great stopover here recently with my daughter, I found the staff very helpful and very pleasant. There is a lovely atmosphere everywhere. Our room was spotless and comfortable.
The bar staff were lovely and the bar area is very comfortable and not at all crowded plenty of space between people at other tables, gave a lovely feeling of privacy. All in all we loved our stay here and will return without a doubt. The pool is lovely also and the lemongrass restaurant at the back of the hotel I would give top marks also.

Room Tip: If you don't like walking then choose a room as close to lobby as possible. The walk didn't...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel.

It was a lovely to read your comments, especially about our lovely staff and the atmosphere in the bar. Here at The Citywest Hotel we like to promote a warm and welcoming experience for each and every guest.

On your next trip to Dublin please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it would be a pleasure to assist you with a reservation.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

It is my first time to stay in this hotel I stay with my husband last night the first of august 2014 for our 6th anniversary well the room was so this appointing 2 single beds pushed together meant to be a king size bed the jazzie bath was very very small we paid more for this room and it was just like any other room only it was a bit bigger..we when to go relax in the steam room to find it was men only and women only very disappointing trying to spend to time together with no kids..we want up got dressed to come down for dinner which we waitted over an hour for and was half cooked..there was meant to be live music but nothing on..never have I ever come across hotel like it very very disappointed. .hope to hear from management soon no douth I wont cabt belive I wasted my money on this stay our anniversary was ruined..

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We always like to make an extra effort with any guest staying for a special occassion, so I was so very disappointed to read that your anniversary did not go as planned.

I have passed your feedback to the relevant departments and I will ensure that your comments are taking on board.

I would like the opportunity to make up for your disappointing night away, please feel free to contact me directly at marketing@citywesthotel.com or by calling the hotel directly.

Warm Regards,
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were so disappointed by this hotel. We ate dinner in the restaurant. My husband could not eat any of his duck it was horrible and at €27.99 way over priced.The bar was so dirty our shoes were sticking to the floor. My husband even got chewing gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe! We sat on a two sweater brown leather couch which stuck to our clothes leaving brown streaks across our bottoms. These streaks did not wash out, our clothes were destroyed! In the morning when I opened the curtains I noticed a ladies bra on the floor near the window. We were disgusted that our room had not been cleaned out properly. How could the cleaners not see this when cleaning the room. If all that wasn't bad enough to add insult to injury when we went to the manager to tell him of our find in the room we instantly felt from his attitude towards us that he did not believe us. We thought we were doing him a service by informing him so they could make sure it did not happen to other guests. We went out of our way to wait to speak to him. We could just have left as our room was already paid for in full.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie f
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Citywest Hotel. I was very disappointed to read your comments and also your feedback regarding our complaint handling.

I will discuss all issues mentioned in your review with the relevant department managers and can assure you that these matters will be rectified.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your review further and would be grateful if you would contact me directly at marketing@citywesthotel.com or by dialing the hotel direct.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here on New Years Eve, entertainment was just ok on the night. In the middle of nowhere so you can't leave the hotel. At all hours of the morning our door was kicked in by people in the corridors fighting!! Had to move all our luggage to a room that was floors away from our own. Breakfast was average. Managment took forever next day to take a report of what had happened. Promised a refund and complementry stay within a week, took weeks of chasing up to get it out of them!! wouldn't stay again so gave the complimentry stay away. Disgrace of a hotel!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mario L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. I deeply regret that your time here was not enjoyable and you are not willing to return. We apologies for the experience you had and hope that you will reconsider.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback further and would be grateful if you would contact me directly at marketing@citywesthotel.com or by calling the Hotel direct.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
Red Cow Moran's Hotel
#4 of 7 in Clondalkin
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
#2 of 4 in Tallaght

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!