“Lovely hotel, little bit out the way” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citywest Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Citywest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saggart
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, little bit out the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here this weekend whilst visiting dublin. Lovely clean hotel. Staff friendly check in was easy even though we didn't arrive till nearly midnight. Bar price a little steep but nothing unexpected. Only drawback if you are visiting the city of dublin it is a good 45-50 minute tram ride. But again brilliant hotel would have got a 5 rating if the word city wasn't in the name. Thoroughly enjoyed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your lovely comments about our team and the standards here in the Hotel and appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citywest Hotel very soon.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

A friend of mine held a charity golf event on Friday. The staff couldn't have been any more helpful. It was a great day and the course was in fantastic condition. We had a meal afterwards and the food was brilliant. Drinks are a little pricey but such is life. Well done. :-)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Citywest Hotel. It was a pleasure to read such great comments regarding our fantastic golf course and the staff on duty. I take all your comments on board and will ensure they are passed to the relevant departments.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Citywest Hotel in the very near future.

Thank you for your review.

Warm Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here last night and from the minute we arrived to the time we left the staff were fantastic very pleasant and helpful that also includes the leisure centre kids had a ball in the pool. Buffet breakfast was excellent plenty to cater for everyone's taste buds. Our room was spotless clean and beds really comfortable. Also we parked car up on arrival and took Luas into the city which is easily reachable in walking distance round the corner.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Citywest Hotel. It was a delight to read your comments, especially about our helpful staff and the facilities on offer for our family guests. At Citywest Hotel we try to create a friendly, warm and welcoming atmosphere for families to enjoy.

I will ensure your lovely feedback is passed on to our team. On your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it would be a pleasure to assist you with any future bookings.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Belfast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Quite a difficult review but one I feel I have to give. I have attended events at this hotel before, but this was my first stay. I chose the hotel because my past experiences have been very good, plus the Zoo package was very attractive. The hotel is simply stunning from a scenic point of view and car parking is very convenient. It is also just a 10 - 15 minute walk from Saggart LUAS which is a great way to travel into the city.
We were accommodated even though we arrived a little early and the receptionist was efficient and helpful. On our walk to the room I was slightly taken aback by the state of the corridors. The carpets were very shabby and we had the pleasure of finding 2 cigarette butts along the way. The room was adequate but again, like the corridor, everything seemed a little worn. One of the kids dropped a toy under the bed, which we had to pull out and below the bed I can only describe as disgusting. An obvious lack of care from a cleanliness point of view.
We dined in the Hibernian Bistro on the second night. The food and service was absolutely fantastic and I will review it seperately. However, the bar did not match with the rude and disinterested bar and waiting staff not helping our experience.
The complimentary use of the pool and leisure facilities is also a positive.
This is probably a 3.5 out of 5, I just expected a little more and I think with a little more attention to detail, and a few more smiling faces among the staff this would be a 5 without doubt.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel. I was happy to read about your stay but disappointed to see that in certain areas you were less than impressed. I have noted your feedback about the points you have mentioned regarding the cleaning of your allocated room and the manner of the staff in some departments and I can assure you that all matters will be dealt with.

I do hope you will consider returning to Citywest Hotel as I would be delighted to assist you with any future bookings. Please feel free to contact me directly by dialing the hotel or emailing marketing@citywesthotel.com.

Shannon, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

really good airy room,clean,tidy,king sized bed and great staff. Good bar service.Great connection with the Luas tram into Dublin about euro5 return fare. forget the car. Car parking is free at hotel.breakfast is good. A must do is the Lemongrass restaurant absolutely fabulous.

Room Tip: get a room away from car park and trees that restrict light getting into room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel. It was lovely to read your comments, especially about our team in the bar and of course the fabulous Lemongrass Restaurant!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you are planning a return trip as it would be my pleasure to assist you with a reservation.
I look forward to hearing from you,

Northern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed at the Citywest for the first weekend of August, the place was packed to the rafters with child dancers, wedding patrons, funeral quests and holiday makers. Lots of noise and disturbance throughout the night especially outside in the corridors. Breakfast buffet was Ok, dinner in the evening was the worst I have ever got with service to match. Otherwise good clean and friendly hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ground floor rooms and avoid dinner.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Horrendous2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and the facilities available. We are actively taking your comments and those of others on board regarding the noise issue. I can also assure you that your feedback regarding your meal will be passed to our Head Chef.

On your next trip to Dublin I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your next stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gemma Kavanagh,
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 days , on checking in we unfortunately met Katie on reception who was not very pleasant and rather unhelpful however when we made our feeling known to the duty manager she was very apologetic and reassuring . The rest of the staff where absolutely great and this served to make our stay very enjoyable . The hotel has great road access to all place of interest ie Kells , Wicklow , Kildare to name but a few and easy Luas access to Dublin city.Despite the unpleasant check-in experience we would definetly stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Des B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. We try everyday to exceed our guest's expectations and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the disappointing start. I was happy to hear that the Duty Manager dealt with your issue and you did enjoy your time with us, I can assure you further training will be given to avoid this happening again.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be delighted to assist with any future bookings.

Kind Regards
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
Finnstown Castle Hotel
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
#2 of 4 in Tallaght

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!