“Clean Rooms and polite staff”
Review of Citywest Hotel

Citywest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saggart
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was an unscheduled stay, and only happened after our London to NYC flight was truncated because of a seriously ill passenger. The staff is to be commended on handling 265 passengers at 2 am graciously. It was at least a 30 minute bus ride from the airport, but it is a golf resort and I'm sure proximity to airports is least on the list for golfers.

The rooms seemed luxurious as we were coming from 11 days in Zambia, but I'm certain they are top notch by any standard. The only issue was the WIFI did not reach the outer limits of this quite sizable facility with over 1000 rooms. Also, our king bed was made up of two twins, but the crack did not bother two weary travelers. I don't know if this is accepted practice in Ireland.

Room Tip: If you want a good wifi signal, get a room near the front desk. Ours was at the furthest end, and di...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at The Citywest Hotel, Dublin.

I am so pleased that you were able to get a good night’s rest despite your unexpected late arrival. I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to our night team.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit Dublin again in the near future and that Citywest will be your first choice of hotel to return.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This low-rise (five storey) hotel is immense. It is spread over a large campus and feels very impersonal, as a result. This is not helped by the fact that finding it late at night is a bit of a lottery. It is very poorly signposted. Also, although there were three staff behind the checkin desk, only one was working (of the other two, one had his back to the customers and the third was a young trainee). By the time we trekked to the room, we fancied a cup of tea. Had to drink it black, as there was no milk/cream with the coffee/tea making gear.
On a positive note, we left some items behind in the room and the staff were extremely helpful in sorting that out. Would only use the hotel again if, like on Saturday night, we could not find somewhere else inside the M50.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I have passed your comments to the relevant managers to ensure that issues raised can certainly be recified.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit The Citywest Hotel again in the near future, please contact me directly as I would be happy to assist with any bookings.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Arrived early drove up and great parking at the door to unload. No problem for check in. Great room but a long walk with rather tired decor. Very busy place with lots of kids.
Easy walk to the Luas and straight to town 5euro return great service
Returned late to a very boisterous crowd kids playing cricket and footy on the ground floor -glad didn't have a room on this floor.
Great king bed and great sleep.
Breakfast -had everything you would expect in a buffet, but all rather plain.
Check out easy.
Car park secure (bike still on the back)
Would highly recommend this place for anyone wanting easy access to Central Dublin without any hassles of driving and parking.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you were able to get a good night’s rest and found that access to the Dublin City with the Luas was so hassle free!

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Citywest Hotel in the near future and would be delighted to assist you with any future bookings you may have. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here this weekend whilst visiting dublin. Lovely clean hotel. Staff friendly check in was easy even though we didn't arrive till nearly midnight. Bar price a little steep but nothing unexpected. Only drawback if you are visiting the city of dublin it is a good 45-50 minute tram ride. But again brilliant hotel would have got a 5 rating if the word city wasn't in the name. Thoroughly enjoyed.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your lovely comments about our team and the standards here in the Hotel and appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citywest Hotel very soon.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

A friend of mine held a charity golf event on Friday. The staff couldn't have been any more helpful. It was a great day and the course was in fantastic condition. We had a meal afterwards and the food was brilliant. Drinks are a little pricey but such is life. Well done. :-)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Citywest Hotel. It was a pleasure to read such great comments regarding our fantastic golf course and the staff on duty. I take all your comments on board and will ensure they are passed to the relevant departments.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Citywest Hotel in the very near future.

Thank you for your review.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here last night and from the minute we arrived to the time we left the staff were fantastic very pleasant and helpful that also includes the leisure centre kids had a ball in the pool. Buffet breakfast was excellent plenty to cater for everyone's taste buds. Our room was spotless clean and beds really comfortable. Also we parked car up on arrival and took Luas into the city which is easily reachable in walking distance round the corner.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Citywest Hotel. It was a delight to read your comments, especially about our helpful staff and the facilities on offer for our family guests. At Citywest Hotel we try to create a friendly, warm and welcoming atmosphere for families to enjoy.

I will ensure your lovely feedback is passed on to our team. On your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it would be a pleasure to assist you with any future bookings.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Quite a difficult review but one I feel I have to give. I have attended events at this hotel before, but this was my first stay. I chose the hotel because my past experiences have been very good, plus the Zoo package was very attractive. The hotel is simply stunning from a scenic point of view and car parking is very convenient. It is also just a 10 - 15 minute walk from Saggart LUAS which is a great way to travel into the city.
We were accommodated even though we arrived a little early and the receptionist was efficient and helpful. On our walk to the room I was slightly taken aback by the state of the corridors. The carpets were very shabby and we had the pleasure of finding 2 cigarette butts along the way. The room was adequate but again, like the corridor, everything seemed a little worn. One of the kids dropped a toy under the bed, which we had to pull out and below the bed I can only describe as disgusting. An obvious lack of care from a cleanliness point of view.
We dined in the Hibernian Bistro on the second night. The food and service was absolutely fantastic and I will review it seperately. However, the bar did not match with the rude and disinterested bar and waiting staff not helping our experience.
The complimentary use of the pool and leisure facilities is also a positive.
This is probably a 3.5 out of 5, I just expected a little more and I think with a little more attention to detail, and a few more smiling faces among the staff this would be a 5 without doubt.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel. I was happy to read about your stay but disappointed to see that in certain areas you were less than impressed. I have noted your feedback about the points you have mentioned regarding the cleaning of your allocated room and the manner of the staff in some departments and I can assure you that all matters will be dealt with.

I do hope you will consider returning to Citywest Hotel as I would be delighted to assist you with any future bookings. Please feel free to contact me directly by dialing the hotel or emailing marketing@citywesthotel.com.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
Maldron Hotel Newlands Cross
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
#2 of 4 in Tallaght

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!