“Visiting family”
Review of Citywest Hotel

Citywest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saggart
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Checked in at reception. I was asked if I wanted a room on the ground floor as I was on crutches but was told it might be a bit noisy. I decided to take a room on the third floor. On first impression it was nice, until I sat on the bed. The bed was terrible. I rang reception and they moved us straight away. Very impressed with the speed of service. The second room was nice. The bed was brilliant. I didn't want to leave it. We went down on a Saturday as we had booked for one night. On the first night we decided to extent it to two nights. Breakfast is well thought out. They have a separate selection of foods for those on a gluten free diet and a separate toaster. There was a lady called Kathleen Burke and I have to say to city west, she is a credit to you. Very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The only bad things I can say is that the cleanliness in the room we were allocated first was bad as there was still metal bottle tops on the floor. Another thing is that in the hibernian bistro, there isn't a lot available for vegetarians. Would like to see the menu extended. I also didn't like the fact that the swimming pool has to be booked in advance and there is limited availability. We were not told this until arriving at the hotel to check in. This needs to be changed or even a notice included in the confirmation. I would like to add that it is about 15 or 20 mins from the city centre and when road works are complete will be a handy hotel. Overall very pleased. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to read such great comments regarding our customer service and especially the Gluten free breakfast buffet. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to Kathleen.

I have also passed your feedback to the Housekeeping Manager to ensure the issues with your room can be investigated.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit Dublin and The Citywest Hotel again in the near future and that Citywest will be your first choice of hotel to return. Please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist with any future bookings.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,774)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I would recommend for younger families only. We stayed in August, very busy and milling with tots. It drove us nuts but would suit if your kids are under 10. Sorry we didn't know about this place when ours were younger. However with teenage children we didn't fit in. Breakfast food wise was top class but experience spoiled by unruly kids. Dinner was the same story (inconsiderate parents let kids do grandstands in restaurant). Chips were skinny fries not proper 'potato' chips usually expected in a good quality restaurant. Great hotel, just not for us. Lovely staff, clean and comfy room and facilities, lovely pool. Luas line was the 10min walk stated. Hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Nothing to do at night outside of hotel. We spent most of our visit away from hotel due to nuisance kids. Perhaps a separate dining or leisure area for families with tots would keep everyone happy?

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet, common areas were the problem
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us with the exception of one or two issues. We are always looking at ways to improve our family facilities and are actively taking your comments and those of others on board.

If you are considering returning to Citywest Hotel, I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your next stay,
I look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Interconnecting rooms two fantastic sized rooms for 2 adults and 3 kids.flat screen TV no kids tv not on after 7 not very good.food overall good deserts bought in not home made but kids portions were huge.breakfast had a good selection but tea and hot food only average.pool was big and kids were jumping in and getting no hassle. We went to the zoo and funtasia water park great few days spent in Dublin. The hotel grounds are beautiful and always seen to be buzzing due to the golf course.We ate in the Lemongrass the first night and although the service was slow the food and staff clearly made up for this.Food was a delight and deserts were homemade and tasty.Would highly recommend for a breakaway as it's in Dublin but not if you know what i mean.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank camtipper
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and the facilities available. We are actively taking your comments and those of others on board. On your next trip to Dublin I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your next stay,

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Spent saturday night in this hotel hotel really busy 20 minute queue to check in Room on 5th floor
corridor very noisy with kids running up and down seemed to be using the corridor as a racing track other than that the room was fine would use this hotel again only not when dublin has a lot of sport events on.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre and for taking the time to share your experience. I was disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations in some areas. We have taken your comments on board and hope that you will visit Citywest Hotel again in the very near future.

Please feel free to contact me directly by dialing the hotel or emailing marketing@citywesthotel.com as I would be delighted to assist with any bookings.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was an unscheduled stay, and only happened after our London to NYC flight was truncated because of a seriously ill passenger. The staff is to be commended on handling 265 passengers at 2 am graciously. It was at least a 30 minute bus ride from the airport, but it is a golf resort and I'm sure proximity to airports is least on the list for golfers.

The rooms seemed luxurious as we were coming from 11 days in Zambia, but I'm certain they are top notch by any standard. The only issue was the WIFI did not reach the outer limits of this quite sizable facility with over 1000 rooms. Also, our king bed was made up of two twins, but the crack did not bother two weary travelers. I don't know if this is accepted practice in Ireland.

Room Tip: If you want a good wifi signal, get a room near the front desk. Ours was at the furthest end, and di...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at The Citywest Hotel, Dublin.

I am so pleased that you were able to get a good night’s rest despite your unexpected late arrival. I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to our night team.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit Dublin again in the near future and that Citywest will be your first choice of hotel to return.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This low-rise (five storey) hotel is immense. It is spread over a large campus and feels very impersonal, as a result. This is not helped by the fact that finding it late at night is a bit of a lottery. It is very poorly signposted. Also, although there were three staff behind the checkin desk, only one was working (of the other two, one had his back to the customers and the third was a young trainee). By the time we trekked to the room, we fancied a cup of tea. Had to drink it black, as there was no milk/cream with the coffee/tea making gear.
On a positive note, we left some items behind in the room and the staff were extremely helpful in sorting that out. Would only use the hotel again if, like on Saturday night, we could not find somewhere else inside the M50.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I have passed your comments to the relevant managers to ensure that issues raised can certainly be recified.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit The Citywest Hotel again in the near future, please contact me directly as I would be happy to assist with any bookings.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Arrived early drove up and great parking at the door to unload. No problem for check in. Great room but a long walk with rather tired decor. Very busy place with lots of kids.
Easy walk to the Luas and straight to town 5euro return great service
Returned late to a very boisterous crowd kids playing cricket and footy on the ground floor -glad didn't have a room on this floor.
Great king bed and great sleep.
Breakfast -had everything you would expect in a buffet, but all rather plain.
Check out easy.
Car park secure (bike still on the back)
Would highly recommend this place for anyone wanting easy access to Central Dublin without any hassles of driving and parking.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you were able to get a good night’s rest and found that access to the Dublin City with the Luas was so hassle free!

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Citywest Hotel in the near future and would be delighted to assist you with any future bookings you may have. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
Maldron Hotel Newlands Cross
Red Cow Moran Hotel
Red Cow Moran Hotel
#1 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!