“Could've been great”
Review of Citywest Hotel

Citywest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saggart
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Had to stay as exhibiting here. 3rd time staying here and it replicated previous stays. Massive hotel with 770 rooms, but when full, as on Saturday, it is a nightmare. 2 bars and a single restaurant that cannot cope with that number of visitors, coupled with families with 3/4 or 5 kids (all running loose) make it an exceptionally noisy place. Seats were a premium and service was severly tested. Queues for the restaurant were incessant as was the constant noise. The restaurant menu was uninspiring, as was the food when we eventually got it!

Aside from this, the room was great, comfortable, large (we had a superior room) and very clean.

We spent over €800 there with room cost, bar bill and food ..... but had to, as we were exhibiting there. Note to hotel ...... you are so lucky you have captive visitors..... because l dont think l would stay if we didnt need to be there!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre and for taking the time to write your review. I regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and I apologise for the experience you had.

Since receiving your review, we have used your feedback as topics of training for the team to ensure this is improved upon. We are actively taking all reviews on board and hope to improve in these areas going forward

Please feel free to contact me directly by dialing the hotel or emailing marketing@citywesthotel.com should you wish to discuss or share anything further.

Thank you for the review.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,777)

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our our two girls and did enjoy our stay. It was just a few little things that annoyed us:
_ Our room keycards kept failing and I had to do the long walk to reception each time
_ they took out the fridges from all the rooms so I had to ring for an ice bucket to chill my babies bottle
_ there are so many departments that if you ring down for anything you are constantly being passed from post to pillar
_ no locks on the lockers in the pool changing rooms
_ we were told there was a disco and face painting for kids but the place is so big staff couldn't tell us where it was being held !

Other than the above the staff were v friendly, the pool is lovely and warm and my daughters really enjoyed the playroom that opened from 5pm to 11th. It's great value for money .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and the facilities for families. I have noted the points you have made and will look into these issues to ensure they are not repeated.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Booked a family stay here and was slightly disappointed with the whole experience. The hotel has some great points and some really bad points. The rooms are clean and spacious and the breakfasts are excellent. Staff are all extremely friendly and helpful but a few thing let this hotel down. The room we stayed in was in the weston wing which is also unfortunately beside the service yard so we experienced delivery lorries and staff coming and going from approx. 4.30am every morning so we never got a full nights sleep. You cant just turn up at the pool and go for a swim, this has to booked that morning which is a bit of an annoyance because we didn't know when we would be back at the hotel each day so we didn't experience the pool. Food in the bistro was overpriced for what you got and to be honest didn't taste great. We did try the Lemongrass restaurant on the last night which is based in the hotels grounds and I would highly recommend you try here instead. Would I stay again??? I don't think so not unless I was getting a really good deal or unless I was using the golf course

Room Tip: Don't stay in the weston wing
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brainn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre and for taking the time to share your experience. We strive everyday to exceed our guest's expectations and we were disappointed to read that you were not as happy as we would have hoped on your departure.

I have taken all of your comments on board and appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel has 774 bedrooms and every one was full when we stayed! It was so busy you had to book a time to swim in the pool. However, dinner and breakfast were slick and well organised. There were plenty of staff in all the bars and dining rooms, and they were all very helpful. We had a room near reception, which was noisy as everyone else passed en route to their room. The room itself was pretty shabby, with an ancient TV with poor reception, dirty windows and curtains that didn't close properly. However, we enjoyed the overall ambience of the hotel and admire the attempt to provide reasonably priced accommodation close to Dublin with good service and facilities.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from reception as possible to avoid the rowdy kids in the corridors, although...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel. I was delighted to read your comments, especially about our helpful staff and the service in our restaurants. I have passed your comments regarding your room to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that issues raised can certainly be recified.

On your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it would be a pleasure to assist you with a reservation.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Checked in at reception. I was asked if I wanted a room on the ground floor as I was on crutches but was told it might be a bit noisy. I decided to take a room on the third floor. On first impression it was nice, until I sat on the bed. The bed was terrible. I rang reception and they moved us straight away. Very impressed with the speed of service. The second room was nice. The bed was brilliant. I didn't want to leave it. We went down on a Saturday as we had booked for one night. On the first night we decided to extent it to two nights. Breakfast is well thought out. They have a separate selection of foods for those on a gluten free diet and a separate toaster. There was a lady called Kathleen Burke and I have to say to city west, she is a credit to you. Very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The only bad things I can say is that the cleanliness in the room we were allocated first was bad as there was still metal bottle tops on the floor. Another thing is that in the hibernian bistro, there isn't a lot available for vegetarians. Would like to see the menu extended. I also didn't like the fact that the swimming pool has to be booked in advance and there is limited availability. We were not told this until arriving at the hotel to check in. This needs to be changed or even a notice included in the confirmation. I would like to add that it is about 15 or 20 mins from the city centre and when road works are complete will be a handy hotel. Overall very pleased. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to read such great comments regarding our customer service and especially the Gluten free breakfast buffet. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to Kathleen.

I have also passed your feedback to the Housekeeping Manager to ensure the issues with your room can be investigated.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit Dublin and The Citywest Hotel again in the near future and that Citywest will be your first choice of hotel to return. Please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist with any future bookings.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I would recommend for younger families only. We stayed in August, very busy and milling with tots. It drove us nuts but would suit if your kids are under 10. Sorry we didn't know about this place when ours were younger. However with teenage children we didn't fit in. Breakfast food wise was top class but experience spoiled by unruly kids. Dinner was the same story (inconsiderate parents let kids do grandstands in restaurant). Chips were skinny fries not proper 'potato' chips usually expected in a good quality restaurant. Great hotel, just not for us. Lovely staff, clean and comfy room and facilities, lovely pool. Luas line was the 10min walk stated. Hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Nothing to do at night outside of hotel. We spent most of our visit away from hotel due to nuisance kids. Perhaps a separate dining or leisure area for families with tots would keep everyone happy?

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet, common areas were the problem
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us with the exception of one or two issues. We are always looking at ways to improve our family facilities and are actively taking your comments and those of others on board.

If you are considering returning to Citywest Hotel, I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your next stay,

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Interconnecting rooms two fantastic sized rooms for 2 adults and 3 kids.flat screen TV no kids tv not on after 7 not very good.food overall good deserts bought in not home made but kids portions were huge.breakfast had a good selection but tea and hot food only average.pool was big and kids were jumping in and getting no hassle. We went to the zoo and funtasia water park great few days spent in Dublin. The hotel grounds are beautiful and always seen to be buzzing due to the golf course.We ate in the Lemongrass the first night and although the service was slow the food and staff clearly made up for this.Food was a delight and deserts were homemade and tasty.Would highly recommend for a breakaway as it's in Dublin but not if you know what i mean.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank camtipper
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and the facilities available. We are actively taking your comments and those of others on board. On your next trip to Dublin I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your next stay,

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
Maldron Hotel Newlands Cross
Red Cow Moran Hotel
Red Cow Moran Hotel
#1 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!