Citywest Hotel
  • Room Service
Glashaus Hotel(Tallaght)
The Plaza Hotel(Tallaght)
2,950 results
All reviewscity westhuge hotellemongrass restaurantleisure centrejacuzzi bathbusy hotelirish dancingsuperior roomlovely hotelluas stopbar foodswift wingconferencetramirelandeuroconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

where do you start, the reception the lady that served me was so professional got there early had a room ready for me with no fuss what so ever.The room clean well presented all the usual things only issue was the power of water in shower could be pumped up a bar of pressure , went to lemon grass restraunt beautiful food friendly helpful smiling staff and very reasonable price ,breakfast in morning buffet well laid out could not fault it in any way staff again so helpful just to sayb thanks for a lovely stay will be back

Room Tip: just be nice to the reception people and say thank you
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel. I was so pleased to read your lovely comments about the Reception Staff and the service you received during your stay. I will ensure your comments are passed on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Citywest Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Lovely hotel we had 2 adults and 2 kids aged 4and 8 . They have star of the day for the kids and my child was one of the lucky ones and got a rosette certificate gift coins for games room and sweets and game she was so delighted . Its about 10 min walk to luas and 40 min into dub on luas. Video each night for kids with free popcorn and drinks . Fabulous highly recommend it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel.

It was a delight to read your feedback, especially about the "Star of the Day" and the evening entertainment for kids. It is our goal at The Citywest Hotel to create a friendly, warm and welcoming experience for families to experience.

On your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it would be a pleasure to assist you with a reservation.
I look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Had to stay as exhibiting here. 3rd time staying here and it replicated previous stays. Massive hotel with 770 rooms, but when full, as on Saturday, it is a nightmare. 2 bars and a single restaurant that cannot cope with that number of visitors, coupled with families with 3/4 or 5 kids (all running loose) make it an exceptionally noisy place. Seats were a premium and service was severly tested. Queues for the restaurant were incessant as was the constant noise. The restaurant menu was uninspiring, as was the food when we eventually got it!

Aside from this, the room was great, comfortable, large (we had a superior room) and very clean.

We spent over €800 there with room cost, bar bill and food ..... but had to, as we were exhibiting there. Note to hotel ...... you are so lucky you have captive visitors..... because l dont think l would stay if we didnt need to be there!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre and for taking the time to write your review. I regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and I apologise for the experience you had.

Since receiving your review, we have used your feedback as topics of training for the team to ensure this is improved upon. We are actively taking all reviews on board and hope to improve in these areas going forward

Please feel free to contact me directly by dialing the hotel or emailing marketing@citywesthotel.com should you wish to discuss or share anything further.

Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our our two girls and did enjoy our stay. It was just a few little things that annoyed us:
_ Our room keycards kept failing and I had to do the long walk to reception each time
_ they took out the fridges from all the rooms so I had to ring for an ice bucket to chill my babies bottle
_ there are so many departments that if you ring down for anything you are constantly being passed from post to pillar
_ no locks on the lockers in the pool changing rooms
_ we were told there was a disco and face painting for kids but the place is so big staff couldn't tell us where it was being held !

Other than the above the staff were v friendly, the pool is lovely and warm and my daughters really enjoyed the playroom that opened from 5pm to 11th. It's great value for money .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Citywest Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and the facilities for families. I have noted the points you have made and will look into these issues to ensure they are not repeated.

On your next trip to Dublin I would like to invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your next stay,
I look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Booked a family stay here and was slightly disappointed with the whole experience. The hotel has some great points and some really bad points. The rooms are clean and spacious and the breakfasts are excellent. Staff are all extremely friendly and helpful but a few thing let this hotel down. The room we stayed in was in the weston wing which is also unfortunately beside the service yard so we experienced delivery lorries and staff coming and going from approx. 4.30am every morning so we never got a full nights sleep. You cant just turn up at the pool and go for a swim, this has to booked that morning which is a bit of an annoyance because we didn't know when we would be back at the hotel each day so we didn't experience the pool. Food in the bistro was overpriced for what you got and to be honest didn't taste great. We did try the Lemongrass restaurant on the last night which is based in the hotels grounds and I would highly recommend you try here instead. Would I stay again??? I don't think so not unless I was getting a really good deal or unless I was using the golf course

Room Tip: Don't stay in the weston wing
1  Thank brainn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre and for taking the time to share your experience. We strive everyday to exceed our guest's expectations and we were disappointed to read that you were not as happy as we would have hoped on your departure.

I have taken all of your comments on board and appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards,