Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
  • Pool
US$160
US$132
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$170
US$163
US$157
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
1,907 results
All reviewsthe club loungedublin airportthe holiday innfree shuttlenext morningshuttle servicebar foodan early flighttouzai restaurantmini barrental cargood nights sleepcity centrestayed here for one nighthotel bareditnorthwoods
Reviewed 14 September 2010

If only the rooms were larger or not so crowded with furniture, I think I could be completely happy with this hotel. This is our second stay here. It is handy to the relatives, with comfortable beds, a large walk-in shower in addition to a separate tub, good free internet and it's quiet. However I wish they would lose the fridge and replace it with a dresser or drawers to put your clothes in. Also the table and chairs next to the bed are totally useless as they take up the entire space between the bed and the wall. I was surprised as well by how little attention we received from any of the staff. Not a single good morning, how's your stay, etc. Is it so hard to make eye contact with your guests?

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I booked this hotel because I was attending a conference happening at the same property the next day. The hotel is located 5 min away from the airport with a courtesy shuttle between the hotel and the Dublin Airport.
The check-in was quick but was surprised to hear from the reception that I had to prepay my room because I only have a Debit Card. In the evening, I ordered a room service and I was asked t pay cash for the same reasons .So basically everything extra will have to be paid cash now instead of paying at the checkout. This is the first time I have this problem besides using my Debit Card in more than 50 hotels before.
The room seems quite new with a very comfy double bed. The bathroom is simple but it's not as chic as the room. The bathroom needs more warmth and color (feel like you are in a hospital). Bathroom amenities are of mediocre quality.
The good news is that you have free speed wired Internet connection. This is really handy if you like working at the desk during your stay.
The TV is not a flat screen but I guess it would be costly to replace all these cube TVs.
The room also have courtesy coffee by Bewleys and a kettle. The tap water is terrible though so probably better if you use mineral water.
My room service was really good. I had a Sirloin steak with fries and a rhubarb tart. This was delivered to my room within 15 min.
In a nutshell, it is a good business hotel minutes away from the airport.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank GdeLondres
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My wife and I arranged to meet at Dublin Airport for tour of southeast Ireland, and I got into Dublin from Bordeaux the night before her arrival. Following the recommendations of this site I chose the Crown Plaza and could not have been more pleased by my experience. On arrival I rented a car and drove to the Crown Plaza where I spent a very quiet night in a very comfortable bed in a very well-decorated, well-appointed room. The bathroom and shower were first-rate. The next morning I took the shuttle bus to the airport to meet my wife's plane and then took the shuttle back with her to the Crown Plaza. This was a Tuesday morning, and perhaps because it wasn't a weekend I had none of the problems reported by others with the shuttle. I will say, though, that the airport is undergoing a good bit of construction, and signage is nearly non-existent (blame it on the town council's antipathy to signs, said the guy behind the Hertz counter) which turns an unavoidable inconvenience into unnecessary maddening frustration. Calling the hotel to get precise up-to-date directions and pick-up times might not be a bad idea.

The hotel uses at least two types of vehicles for the shuttle--a huge coach that must hold 40-50 and a smaller van that holds perhaps a dozen or so. Both use the "Coaches" lot, and once you pick your way to the lot, finding either vehicle is easy.

Also, there is a company called "Aircoach" that provides amazing service between the Dublin Airport and many hotels in center city and beyond. When we spent three nights in Dublin at the end of our trip we used it in both directions and were very impressed by the frequency and comfort of the service. With this service you could, theoretically, use a combination of the shuttle and Aircoach to use an airport hotel as a base for visiting Dublin, but I'd find a hotel in town if I planned on spending more than one day touring Dublin.

Breakfast was not included in my room rate, and although it was a good and complete buffet with a manned station for omelets, you might want to be certain you're comfortable with the price at the outset in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

If you're like me and sensitive to noise at night, you'll really appreciate it that despite this hotel's convenient location near a busy airport it is dead quiet.

The high-speed internet was reliable and strong in my room, and I clocked download speeds averaging 3 mB/sec.

The hotel charges for parking. Ask when booking.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Cartaphilus
Reviewed 3 August 2010

All I can say is that it was so good that we are returning again next week! Great customer service!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I've been staying at hotels for more than 30 years, mostly for business purposes and the experience I had at Crowne Plaza this week has been my worst hotel experience by far and this is only the second time I've ever had to complain to a hotel !
I deliberately did not speak to anyone at the hotel about this is because I would probably have ended up being arrested !!!
I arrived at the airport and made my way to the Hotel Bus area around 12:15pm, this had three parking bays marked HOTEL and the CROWNE PLAZA included in a list of hotels on the sign next to these bays. After standing for 40 minutes, during which time I witnessed busses from other hotels come and go, 2 or 3 from most of the hotel chains, I rang my hotel to ask about their shuttle service. "They only travel once an hour and the next one is at 13:15pm" !!!!
I decided to wait as I know how much taxi drivers hate short journeys from airports. At 13:15pm still no shuttle but I noticed a large coach, with "Crowne Plaza" on the side, and no-one in it, leaving the coach park from behind a row of tourist coaches parked away from the HOTEL bays.
NO information that this would happen.
NO guidance from hotel staff on telephone.
NO sineage.
NO attempt from the driver to see if anyone was waiting at the HOTEL BUS area (remember, that's the one next to the CROWNE PLAZA sign !)
I'm left with two choices. Wait another hour or get a taxi. I went for a taxi and of course the driver was spitting feathers, he's been in his queue for two hours. Although the journey was only €8 I gave him €25 for his trouble and when we arrived at the hotel there were THREE busses parked outside ( doing nothing ) and two of them were the smaller type which can fit into the HOTEL BUS bays at the airport.
What a joke ! How to make your guests feel really valued. Imagine if I'd been a little old lady and the weather had been much worse, she could have been left standing at the airport for at least two hours. I can't believe that this hotel can be so blind and make such a massive mistake. I've no intentions of ever returning and I'm encouraging my collegues to avoid Crowne Plaza. We have plenty of other hotels to chose from, including many (all others) who would chose not to abandon their guests at an airport. Just FYI, HILTON, CARLTON, BEWLEYS and others all had at least two busses come and go while I was waiting, some had three and I think BEWLEYS had four !

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business