Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,372 results
All reviewsthe crowne plazafree shuttledublin airporthi expressan early flightyogurtfree breakfastrental carexact changebeautiful parksister hotelsofa bedbus stopshuttle servicestayed one nightwake up callroom was clean and comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Hotel staff was friendly and kind, Check in was very smooth, Free Wifi (that's handy),
Bar is very quiet though but you can always cross over to Crowne Plaza's bar next door if you want some atmosphere.

Free shuttle from and to Airport makes it a bit more rewarding

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

An excellent Hotel to stay for an overnighter before flying out next morning. Hotel staff superbly helpful, room comfortable and spacious, amenities in room adequate and Hotel Shuttle bus a bonus! We left early so missed breakfast but staff organised a pick-up pack for us! Overall we were extremely pleased with this HIE.!!

Room Tip: We had a double plus sofa bed which was great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TWISH326
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in the Temple bar on Fri (11th Oct) with a group of 10 friends, I decided to book into the Holiday Inn Express on the sat night (12th) to get some peace and quiet. Was very last minute and booked over the phone which was nice and quick. Got the air link out to the airport and then the free shuttle bus to the hotel (lovely bus driver!). Check in was nice and quick with a lovely blonde woman who was happy to change my room when keycard wasn't working. Room was spotless- very clean and roomy, bed was so comfortable and I didn't hear a sound all night from residents or aircraft! Breakfast was lovely- buffet had a good selection and was constantly topped up, then to top it off the bus driver back to the airport was lovely too! I'm a 23 year old young girl and felt so safe and welcome in this lovely hotel, especially being on my own.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The one good thing I can say about this hotel is the free WIFI - that is very good in terms of availability throughout the building and connection speeds.
The hotel is located about 10 mins from the airport and 30 mins from City Centre (depending which bus you take! Go 41C not 16!!!)
We stayed in room 201 and the bed was appalling! the mattress was more of a U shape than flat. Amenities we ok. Breakfast in the morning is quite minimal but still of acceptable quality - beans, scrambled eggs, yoghurts, fruits, etc... The 2 fruit juices we had (orange & apple) were horrible - tasted like they had been watered down.
Be careful when booking via 3rd party websites. We book via lastminute.com and booked 3 double rooms. When we got there they said they only had 2 double rooms and 1 twin. We showed out booking confirmation and insisted on a 3rd double room. We got one after a bit of toing and froing.
I wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear shehzad013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I’m very pleased to hear that you appreciated our internet service. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you faced during your last stay particularly with the condition of the bed, breakfast selections and accommodations received. We are always working to improve our hotel so your comments and suggestions have helped. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll give us another chance next time you're in town.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 October 2013

A US flight to Dublin put us in a position of arriving there early in the morning. We were allowed early check-in giving us some needed rest before heading into town!! Very simple to locate the free shuttle at the airport. Walk out on the 2nd level of the airport (either old term 1 or new term 2) across the connected skywalk and then go to ground level. See and use the glass enclosed ground walkway to its termination at the smallish shuttle lot and the hotel van will likely be waiting for you parked right there. The lot is next to Our Lady Queen of Heaven Church-a square building and steeple with a copper (green roof). Look at it on Google Maps. The ride is 15 minutes at worst on Swords Road. You could take a city bus --route 41 to Northwood Plaza---why bother tho? The shuttle was prompt and easy to use and I guess I might add--we were there after the summer tourist crowd. The staff were friendly and the room was clean; nice and comfortable. We were located on the delivery side of the building and airport side--and the noise was pretty much non-existent and no issue (The airport is quiet after 11pm anyway). The large window can be opened as it is a "Hopper-Window" which tilts in at the top--for those with fresh air needs. The climate control panel was foreign to us and seemed to have a mind of its own, but gave us no migraine. It was programmed to 19 degrees C but could be adjusted if you figured it out. The breakfast was a dream come true for which you can enjoy much of the typical expected fare--cereals; scrambled eggs; toast/bread; sausage; fruit and more. Plus all the juice and hot drinks you can handle. I especially enjoyed the Bewley's Hot Tea all in a nice seating area--Thank you. Crowne Plaza Hotel, maybe a 2 minute walk next door, has a bar-restaurant which can handle your evening dining if you are the type to return back to eat late. It is all very spiffy and newer and a plus for both hotels. HIE Dublin is about a 200 yard walk from Swords Road and Northwood Plaza intersection. Swords Road is a major artery into the city although it also "becomes" Drumcondra Road further on. You can board an assorted number of city bound buses which stop at the Northwood Plaza stop. These buses are the number 16; 41;27B and 33. The bus stop into town is known as #1637 and the one back is #1626. Bus 16 and 41 were the most direct into town. Look up Dublin Bus on the internet and you can print off any info, if clever. Knowing the above helps. The cost of the bus is 2.40 Euro--about $5 one way and must be paid in coin (exact fare). You can bypass this mess by buying a bus pass at the "Spar" store, in the terminal at the airport. Dublin Bus offers 2 types of tourist bus cards --A 3 day "Freedom Card" and a multiple day "Rambler" card--look these up on Dublin Bus site, otherwise you will have to buy fares based upon distance traveled--not comfortable for a foreign traveler. The Dublin Bus system has very modern equipment but has its quirks of being crowded at rush hour. Off hours involve my average 10 minute+ wait times. There is also an Airport Dublin Bus "747" which stops at Northwood Plaza and honors the cards mentioned. It uses the express port tunnels to quickly arrive downtown making key stops including the O2 venue at Docklands. For mall shopping, you can use 41 to go to either Pavilions shopping mall in Swords out beyond airport--nice big place) or the nearby Smaller Omni Shopping Centre 1 mile from the hotel). The HIE Dublin is simply the place to stay for access to all these. Other items worth mention. You need to insert your room card to operate the "Lift" and the lights-heating in your room--the slot is inside the room and very obvious upon entry. Our only problem was using the telephone to call my aunt who lives 1 mile from the hotel. The hotel placard states you must dial one digit before the number---it is really two (like 01)! This unknown gave me headaches and I had to run up and down to the desk twice, with the desk clerk obviously engaged with another customer and not very willing to agree I was properly trying the call--and did not answer my room call to the desk after my first call. Then they finally tell me I had to leave a deposit to activate the telephone? After considerable effort I was able to call my aunt 1 hour after my first attempt. The telephone nightmare left me wondering what the rest of the stay might be--but all was well after that. We decided to use the pay computer located in the lobby. That was quite a challenge as well, but like the telephone, we used it but once. I otherwise highly recommend HIE.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family