Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
  • Pool
US$169
US$133
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$181
US$176
US$182
US$158
US$153
TripAdvisor
1,386 results
All reviewsthe crowne plazafree shuttledublin airporthi expressan early flightyogurtfree breakfastrental carexact changebeautiful parksister hotelsofa bedbus stopshuttle servicestayed one nightwake up callroom was clean and comfortable
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The staff is wonderful! The common areas are open and welcoming. The guest rooms are extremely clean if a bit clinical...my sister compared it to an office, and thought that if she was traveling on business and spent the entire day at the office, she'd hate to have to come to a room as such due to the decor. Personally, I thought it was fine...it did lack a bit of hominess to it, but it was very function-able. The car park is great because it's located adjacent to the hotel, and at a reasonable fee of 6 Euros per 24 hours. The breakfast was plentiful and hot, and they offered something for everyone.

Overall, great stay. (we used our HIE Rewards Points for the stay, so I couldn't compare it to the actual value for the money, but for the value of the points, we rate it as an Excellent)

Room Tip: This hotel is just minutes from the airport...no where near Dublin city. If you're looking to be close to the airport--this is the perfect place! However, if you want to be closer to the heart of the city, you'll need to drive a good 20 minutes.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We arrived with our 5 kids, tired and worn out from the flight. They couldn't let us check in as early as we were. As the family rooms weren't ready. However they locked our luggage up for us. And said they would get the rooms ready in the next 2 hours. They did! Breakfast was great, the rooms were comfortable. We enjoyed using the free wireless as well. The shuttle to and from the airport was great. We had to have a taxi for leaving as our flight was early. They kindly called one for us and arranged wake up calls. We will definitely stay here again! Thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KristinY785
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Everything excellent. Courteous and friendly reception staff. Hotel seems to have got " IT" just right !!!! Made to feel really welcome. Great value for money. Breakfast lovely. Free shuttle bus to airport. Bed super comfy, room temperature just right. Decor fresh and modern. This Hotel sets the standard . My rating 5 star. Well done

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jimmyadams
Reviewed 29 March 2014

LOCATION & ATTRACTIONS NEARBY *** Approx. 4 km from the airport, but with an easy and relialable shuttle bus service. Also, when you have your own car, there is a multi-storey parking attached (rates better than other car parks in the area, even for longer period).

HOTEL OVERVIEW *** Quite basic, "older style" (before refurbishment), but very well kept and maintained Holiday Inn Express.

PURPOSE OF THIS TRIP *** Leisure/

RESERVATION *** Using my IHG Rewards profile - very quick and easy. Reservation visible online and also on my mobile application.

LENGTH OF MY STAY *** 1 night

CHECK-IN *** As last time - very quick and efficient. They already had all my details and welcome letter was already printed as well as my keycard and also Internet access voucher. My Platinum status was recognized and also I was given an additional 300 points IHG Rewards points voucher.

LOBBY & RECEPTION *** Simple, but clean and fresh. There is a bar attached. Restaurant is in the nearby Crowne Plaza Hotel.

ROOM *** My room (#334) was allocated as booked - with two separate beds. Quite small, but enough for one night stay. It was (as last time) spotless clean. They only one thing which I was really missing was the air-con. Luckily, you can open windows to have a bit of fresh air. It was January, but very hot afternoon.

BATHROOM *** Nothing flashy, but clean and with all basics you may need during your stay.

BREAKFAST *** This time I didn't have a chance to have it in the morning, but it is complimentary for all guests.

INTERNET ACCESS *** Free for IHG Rewards members. Voucher was given to me at check-in without any specific requests.

CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE *** Efficient, professional and bill accurate. My points were correctly allocated few days after on my account.

STAFF *** They are so lovely! They treat you very well and I love that they always smile and they are so friendly! You feel really welcomed, even if that's quite affordable hotel.

OVERVIEW *** Once again - yes! Basic, but worth staying there if you need something close to the airport. I'd use it again in the future, I'm sure about that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank marqoos_pl
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel was everything a hotel should be. It was impeccably clean, with a modern, polished look, and friendly staff. I was greeted as an IHG member and offered a free drink at the bar, which in this case was a "perfect pint" of Guinness. Check-in took less than 5 minutes, and the room was quiet and spacious. The selling point, in my estimation, is the excellent breakfast here. I've been to other HI Expresses, most with breakfast either free or for purchase, but this free breakfast surpassed all expectations. Warm food - sausages, scrambled eggs, potatoes, and a great selection of cereals and muesli, as well as cold juice and hot coffee. I was able to fill up with plenty of energy for the long day of touring ahead. Cannot say enough good things about this place. Absolutely would return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple