“CLOSED”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Unfortunately this lovely restaurant closed down. The economy has not been kind to good restaurants.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Lovely range of oriental (mainly Indian) food served in a cosy atmosphere. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

A bank holiday weekend, our daughter returning home, and a lovely walk around Red Island in Skerries was topped off by a meal in Shiva Indian Restaurant, in Skerries.

Shiva is an intimate restaurant which offers both Indian and Mediteranian food. We opted for Indian. For staters we had Tandoori chicken, Breaded mushrooms, and a savoury potato dish.
Mains were Tandoori Chicken and two Lamb Biryani accompanied by plain Naan Bread and a Naan bread with a sweet filling, (which I forget the name of). We drank beer and a glass of house white for our daughter.

We were served at our own pace and delayed each course as we were enjoying our conversation. We finished off with three coffees, and the bill came to 100 Euro. We were happy with our meals and enjoyed our chat with our hostess who was welcoming and really friendly.

We would happily go back again.

Any downside? Well they don't take credit cards, but with their reasonable prices this cut-back is understandable. (Hence the Very Good Rating)

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Having only tried Shiva for take away food over 4 years ago, where I had a good experience but my husband found the food to be cold and the chips to be undercooked, we decided to give the take away another try. I have to say I really wish we hadn't. The take away cost 28euro. Which I thought for 2 people was pretty steep to begin with. We were very disappointed. In fact I was disgusted by my food. We had a very bland tikka Masala and a prawn pasanda. The pasanda sauce had the consistency of water which made it hard to eat. The chips were thin and undercooked (again) and as for the prawns,..they were definately reheated. They were completely rubbery and completely inedible. I couldn't even manage to eat a quarter of my meal and came out in hives immediately after eating it. We will never ever venture near Shiva again or recommend it to anyone we know.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I'm not a great fan of indian food but I've found some very tasty dishes here - I love lentils. The couple running the place I find most welcoming and for whatevever reason they now have a BYO option with a €5 corkage fee which reduces the cost of dining - very welcoming in the current economic climate.
I'll be back