“Overpriced very basic food .”
Review of Blue Bar

Blue Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Skerries
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Had lunch in Blue bar today with a friend. I had chowder and the pulled pork sandwich, my friend had the goats cheese salad. The chowder lacked fish and was padded with too many potatoes . The goats cheese salad was adequate. The pulled pork was tasty but overpriced. Service was embarrassingly amateurish with the young man telling me that I could not have a bigger glass of water!! Good luck with getting an off season crowd at these prices for lunch. I won't be back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We decided to dine here as we were told the wings were great - and they are! If you like spicy chicken wings then this is the place for you. Go with the junior portion if you don't eat huge portions it's more than big enough for one! The portions of the food in general are HUGE. I don't even know how customers even got their mouths around the burgers! Restaurant is on the sea front, has a nice buzzy, atmosphere, good staff, good food and drink. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. You'll either need to book or be prepared to wait with a drink as it gets very busy.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Went with two adults and one child. The staff are friendly. We waited at bar to be seated, it took a while to get drinks, the wine list is rubbish and overpriced. We got seated and placed our order, 15 minutes later we were informed that the kitchen was very busy and it would be another while to wait,when food arrived the children's pasta was extremely bland, the potato bravas' was brunt and chicken skewers cold, the beef burger was tasty. It is so overpriced and the food is so hit and miss. I won't be back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good atmosphere and always bustling. Has a really cool bar upstairs with a great view of the bay. The food is outstanding! Starter wise, particular mention goes to the prawns, both pil pil and bang bang plus the chicken wings are fantastic. Mains wise the burgers are excellent and steak delicious. All in all, a great spot!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great atmosphere with a beautiful view across the bay.

BUT....I watched one of the kitchen staff come out of a toilet stall, and, without even a glance towards the wash basins, go straight back to work in the kitchen..........I'm just glad I was there just for a few drinks!

1  Thank Like_2_TravelCalgary