“Great family visit”
Review of Blue Bar

Blue Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Skerries
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dublin
“Great family visit”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Went this time with the kids and again had a great experience.

This place has a great vibe inside, atmospheric lighting, great beer and food selection.
We had BBQ wings to starts which were great and spicy.
Kids had pasta (need more sauce) and chicken burger.
I had fish pie with mash - very very nice.
My wife had prawn and cherizo pasta, also good.

As mentioned great beer selection.

Not cheap but all very good quality.

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“The Tiger is back”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Always a popular spot but we hadn't been for a while. We decided to go and see if the menu had changed. It was no surprise that there was a 40 minute wait for a table as they do not accept bookings. The surprise is we are back to the times when €10 doesn't buy you 2 drinks. €6.45 for a very ungenerous glass of wine.
Nothing particularly interesting or different on the starters chowder, salad, wings but €9.00 is steep.
The mains were similarly dishes that could be knocked out in a hurry with little effort or finesse. I wasn't paying €15 for a burger or €27 for a steak & onion rings. I went for the prawns & chorizo but €20 to my mind is too much to pay for a pasta dish.
The deserts at €6 are fair value.
Service was too attentive if anything. We were nursing our drinks (at those prices) and were asked 6 times by different staff if we were ok for drinks.
Its a slick set-up and consistently popular but for us its fine dining prices for something just above pub-grub.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Gareth B
Dublin, Ireland
“First visit good, second service very bad”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We went to Blue a few months ago on a recommendation, went with our 3 kids. Food was good, service was good, we thought we had found another option for dining with the kids. However we returned yesterday with the 3 kids and a friend of my husbands and service was awful...

We arrived with 3 hungry kids and it wasn't very busy but we waited and got no menus. Eventually my husband went and helped himself to an adult menu but couldn't see the kids one. More waiting but nothing so I had to get up from the table to ask for them. They came with no apologies and nobody seemed to think It strange. And nobody thought to bring us more adult menus so we shared the one we helped ourselves to between 3 of us!

We then ordered drinks and I ordered 1 apple juice and asked for it in 2 plastic cups for the kids to share. There was no misunderstanding that I was sharing it between 2 kids. I got a glass with ice and the apple juice in it full to the top and 2 empty plastic cups so I then had to pour / spill into what I needed.

Next we ordered our food and gravy separate for the kids. It didn't come so I had to get up and go ask for it, no apology. I got messy chicken wings and they forgot the finger bowl so I had to go ask for it. We had to get up from the table when we wanted more drinks.

Awful service. I filled out the comment card but based on our experience I doubt they will care. Very disappointed and won't be going again.

5 Thank NikiDoyle
Drogheda, Ireland
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We try to visit Blue at least once a month, everywhere tries but will never match blues Chicken wings, simply the best you will find anywhere!! Everything else we've tried is always perfect aswell, the staff are very friendly and it's in a brilliant location so there's not much more to ask for!!keep up the great work

Visited July 2014
2 Thank D C
Sydney
“Harbour dining at its best”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The view alone would justify a visit, but the excellent service combined with a great range of drinks and specialty beers prepared us for a grand evening meal. Good value

Visited July 2014