“Disappointing”
Review of Blue Bar

Blue Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Skerries
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I honestly cannot understand how this establishment is always so busy when the food is of such poor quality and very overpriced. It is a very expensive burger bar with a good view. If Blue was located on Strand Street it would be empty. While the view is lovely you can't actually eat it. Below average pub food at very above average prices. A glass of house red costs €6.45, be prepared for it when you are presented with a large glass half filled. Totally disappointing visit yet again. We will not be going back. Too many better places to eat in Skerries.

4  Thank Murragh

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We visited skerries from Liverpool on a cold, wet and windy week day afternoon. On arriving at a completely empty Blue Bar for some food with the family we were told we had to leave the pram outside. We explained that we had a sleeping newborn baby but that didn't matter. What were we supposed to do? Lie her on the floor? Lie her on the table? Eat with one hand whilst holding her? Or, was it her fault for not being able to sit up? Utterly ridiculous and totally discriminatory. What makes it worse is that nobody could give a logical explanation. We were more than happy to leave and give our hard earned money to a different establishment up the road, one without such ludicrous rules. The only reason I have given this place a 1 is that there was no option for a 0. Will not be returning here.

15  Thank Cheryl R
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Went this time with the kids and again had a great experience.

This place has a great vibe inside, atmospheric lighting, great beer and food selection.
We had BBQ wings to starts which were great and spicy.
Kids had pasta (need more sauce) and chicken burger.
I had fish pie with mash - very very nice.
My wife had prawn and cherizo pasta, also good.

As mentioned great beer selection.

Not cheap but all very good quality.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Always a popular spot but we hadn't been for a while. We decided to go and see if the menu had changed. It was no surprise that there was a 40 minute wait for a table as they do not accept bookings. The surprise is we are back to the times when €10 doesn't buy you 2 drinks. €6.45 for a very ungenerous glass of wine.
Nothing particularly interesting or different on the starters chowder, salad, wings but €9.00 is steep.
The mains were similarly dishes that could be knocked out in a hurry with little effort or finesse. I wasn't paying €15 for a burger or €27 for a steak & onion rings. I went for the prawns & chorizo but €20 to my mind is too much to pay for a pasta dish.
The deserts at €6 are fair value.
Service was too attentive if anything. We were nursing our drinks (at those prices) and were asked 6 times by different staff if we were ok for drinks.
Its a slick set-up and consistently popular but for us its fine dining prices for something just above pub-grub.

3  Thank Gareth B
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We went to Blue a few months ago on a recommendation, went with our 3 kids. Food was good, service was good, we thought we had found another option for dining with the kids. However we returned yesterday with the 3 kids and a friend of my husbands and service was awful...

We arrived with 3 hungry kids and it wasn't very busy but we waited and got no menus. Eventually my husband went and helped himself to an adult menu but couldn't see the kids one. More waiting but nothing so I had to get up from the table to ask for them. They came with no apologies and nobody seemed to think It strange. And nobody thought to bring us more adult menus so we shared the one we helped ourselves to between 3 of us!

We then ordered drinks and I ordered 1 apple juice and asked for it in 2 plastic cups for the kids to share. There was no misunderstanding that I was sharing it between 2 kids. I got a glass with ice and the apple juice in it full to the top and 2 empty plastic cups so I then had to pour / spill into what I needed.

Next we ordered our food and gravy separate for the kids. It didn't come so I had to get up and go ask for it, no apology. I got messy chicken wings and they forgot the finger bowl so I had to go ask for it. We had to get up from the table when we wanted more drinks.

Awful service. I filled out the comment card but based on our experience I doubt they will care. Very disappointed and won't be going again.

5  Thank NikiDoyle