“Fantastic Meal”

Windmill Seafood & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Windmill Seafood & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Skerries
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Another trip to The Windmill and another fantastic meal. Real quality food, generous portions while being great value for money. Service excellent from the staff.

On arrival our table was not just ready so we went into The Snug bar (Another Gem) for a drink. Within a couple of minutes we were notified that the table was ready. Upon sitting at the table we were given a freshly baked loaf of bread which was still warm and tasted fantastic.

For starters the four of us had Scallop and Prawn Ravioli, Goats cheese and filo pastry parcel, Thai beef salad & Grilled Asparagus. All fantastic.

Then for the main course 2 Monkfish and 2 Scallops & Dublin Bay Prawn Symphony were ordered. Yum Yum Yum. So fresh and tasty.

Even my friend and his partner, whose meal was their first in The Windmill, have talked about going back soon.

I would highly recommend a visit to The Windmill and then either the Snug or Ollies Bar for some after dinner drinks and entertainment.

6  Thank whatever_blue

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I ate in the windmill in Skerries last weekend and cannot recommend it enough. Service and food was so impeccable that I felt it deserved to be recognised here! Eating that night was myself, hubby and his parents. We had been promising to take them for a while as we have only fairly recently moved to this area and they had been telling us of how they used to come here when they were dating (45 years ago!!!!!)
It was lovely to hear their stories of those days and the place had that homely feeling and was a lovely place to reminisce with them. Lovely, comfortable decor, nice lighting and a roaring fire which we were lucky enough to sit beside!!!
anyway, now for the important stuff!!!! I cannot fault the service or food. We were made to feel very welcome from the start, and the staff could not do enough for us (without being over the top!!!). In particular i would like to mention (& one of the main reasons i felt compelled to review), was the knowledge and attentiveness around my dietary requirements. As a coeliac eating out is often a stressful negative experience, but that was not so here. the waitress was confidently able to tell me what was suitable and most of all i was not made to feel like an inconvenience (you'd be surprised how often this is the case!).
i had a delicious perfectly cooked steak, with a delectable selection of sides...drooling when i remember the gratin!!!! father in law had the famous chicken maryland which he seemed to enjoy a lot, and mum in law had fish which she found perfect for her taste (she has health problems which often mean she needs to be careful with what she orders but she was more than satisfied).
All in all i would highly recommend a visit to the windmill and the adjoining pub the snug is a home from home for a sneaky pint afterwards!!! we hope to visit again very soon....

5  Thank Donna H
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I decided to go here one Saturday night. It was absolutely fantastic. Great atmosphere, fantastic food and extremely friendly and attentive staff. I had the scampi which was so fresh and my husband had a fillet steak with surf and turf and to say it was amazing is an understatement. I really enjoy eating out and would go to restaurants quite often and the Windmill was definitely one of the best I have been too. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great night of fine dining and great customer service!!!

5  Thank Skyline1961
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My Mam and I had an early evening meal here recently. As an elderly lady, she was concerned that she wouldn't be warm enough, but we need not have worried as the lovely girl, Kim, who was on that evening was most attentive to her and seated her by the fire, coming back on a number of occasions to check that she was warm/not too warm etc. Kim is definitely an asset.

We chose from the early bird menu and there was plenty of choice. Sharing two starters, calamari and a ceasar salad, both were fresh and plentiful. The calamari in particular was beautiful. Bread, butter etc., were supplied at no extra cost.

We both went for Cod as our main and again, this was fresh and well filleted, no bones found.

Dessert is included on the early bird menu but only one of us had room and a plentiful selection of icecreams arrived.

The EB along with a glass of pinot, and 2 teas, the meal came to €50. And well worth it.

We weren't rushed, we had a nice comfortable table. Well worth a visit.

3  Thank DublinDudes
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Everything you could wish for and so glad we celebrated some good family news with a beautiful meal in the Windmill. Real quality food, generous portions while being great value for money. Excellent service from the staff - attentive but not instrusive during a busy service. Lovely atmosphere and the whole restaurant was spotless clean. It is a credit to all the team involved who should be very proud of their efforts coming through a recession which hit this sector particularily hard by putting the customer first. We will be back.

2  Thank L_M_C_S_P_U_D_S