“Brilliant.”

Windmill Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Skerries
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Brilliant.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I eat here often, and it is possibly the best restaurant in Skerries. Absolutely great food, including desserts. Nice atmosphere. Great bar adjacent. Really good genuine staff. Can't recommend enough.

5 Thank Big J

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Gorgeous food but a little overpriced”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I love the food here and the menu selection is great. They service warm bread so we didn't even need starters. Wine list is very extensive. The only bad thing is the food is a little overpriced.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Red19762014
“Good food, but too long a wait for it”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriends family had a meal here in June 2014 for a family occasion.

The restaurant is lovely, it was my first time there.

The staff are exceptionally friendly, everything was good however, we did have one issue.

We were served our starter, all was well ( I recommend the Goats cheese Pastry )

But there was about a 45 - 50 minute wait for our main course.

At times we wondered where they gone fishing for the fish, and plucking the chicken.

A good restaurant with nice food, but don't go if you mind waiting.

At one point the male waiter went to a table near us and apologised to them for the delay, at no point did any member of staff come near us to explain or apologise for the delay.

Only for it being a family occasion and we didn't want to cause a fuss, I think one or more of us would have complained..!

Good good and good staff, just too long a wait for the mains and I won't be returning for that reason.

1 Thank Ruth D
Dublin
“Fantastic Meal”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Another trip to The Windmill and another fantastic meal. Real quality food, generous portions while being great value for money. Service excellent from the staff.

On arrival our table was not just ready so we went into The Snug bar (Another Gem) for a drink. Within a couple of minutes we were notified that the table was ready. Upon sitting at the table we were given a freshly baked loaf of bread which was still warm and tasted fantastic.

For starters the four of us had Scallop and Prawn Ravioli, Goats cheese and filo pastry parcel, Thai beef salad & Grilled Asparagus. All fantastic.

Then for the main course 2 Monkfish and 2 Scallops & Dublin Bay Prawn Symphony were ordered. Yum Yum Yum. So fresh and tasty.

Even my friend and his partner, whose meal was their first in The Windmill, have talked about going back soon.

I would highly recommend a visit to The Windmill and then either the Snug or Ollies Bar for some after dinner drinks and entertainment.

6 Thank whatever_blue
Dublin
“Already planning our next visit!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I ate in the windmill in Skerries last weekend and cannot recommend it enough. Service and food was so impeccable that I felt it deserved to be recognised here! Eating that night was myself, hubby and his parents. We had been promising to take them for a while as we have only fairly recently moved to this area and they had been telling us of how they used to come here when they were dating (45 years ago!!!!!)
It was lovely to hear their stories of those days and the place had that homely feeling and was a lovely place to reminisce with them. Lovely, comfortable decor, nice lighting and a roaring fire which we were lucky enough to sit beside!!!
anyway, now for the important stuff!!!! I cannot fault the service or food. We were made to feel very welcome from the start, and the staff could not do enough for us (without being over the top!!!). In particular i would like to mention (& one of the main reasons i felt compelled to review), was the knowledge and attentiveness around my dietary requirements. As a coeliac eating out is often a stressful negative experience, but that was not so here. the waitress was confidently able to tell me what was suitable and most of all i was not made to feel like an inconvenience (you'd be surprised how often this is the case!).
i had a delicious perfectly cooked steak, with a delectable selection of sides...drooling when i remember the gratin!!!! father in law had the famous chicken maryland which he seemed to enjoy a lot, and mum in law had fish which she found perfect for her taste (she has health problems which often mean she needs to be careful with what she orders but she was more than satisfied).
All in all i would highly recommend a visit to the windmill and the adjoining pub the snug is a home from home for a sneaky pint afterwards!!! we hope to visit again very soon....

5 Thank Donna H