“"True" Italian place with Italian food, chef and owners”

Divino Italian Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 32 Restaurants in Skerries
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My review refers to April 6th 2014, I had dinner in Di Vino with my family.

First, the restaurant offers the choice for true Italian aperitifs - such as Crodino, a non-alcoholic drink - that otherwise I can find only when I'm back home in Italy. This is good because it's a real taste of home in Skerries.
Both "salsiccia e cipolla" (Italian sausage grilled and served with cooked red onions and thinly chopped roasted potatoes) and "salsiccia and borlotti" (this time the sausage is cooked in a light tomato sauce and borlotti beans) are very tasty - although the last one was served piping hot while I'd prefer it just warm, but that's just me.
"Spaghetti alla Bolognese" for kids are a nice and safe option and also excellent value for money - a fiver and the food is tasty.
Biscuits and other dessert are ALL Italian, which again is a great asset if you're going out for dinner and looking for Italian food. These details speak volumes about the difference between a true Italian like Di Vino and many "wannabe Italian places" - generally busting not-Italian (not even European) chefs, possibly serving pasta cooked in Dolmio sauce (for the readers Dolmio is produced in the Netherlands despite the brand marketing on TV is deliberately misleading and pretended Italian).
I cannot comment on the wines because I don't drink alcohol yet the menu proposes a large choice of Italians.
Last but not least the place is children friendly and the young lady serving the tables is much more than just a pretty face - she's friendly and welcoming. I was in Di Vino some time ago for a quick lunch so I'm pleased to see that is still a true little space for real Italian food.

Max Di Gregorio

1  Thank Max D
There are newer reviews for Divino Italian Tapas Restaurant

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Ranked no 1 in Skerries and rightly so.. Beautiful authentic Italian tapas and great wine menu. Could benefit from a warmer facade. This place is young and fresh. Prices are reasonable and service is very good.. It's a pity they don't do pizzas.

4  Thank Keogie
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Was there few times with friends for lunch. Decided to write this review purely because I sow one bad review and thought its so no true! people must know how good this place is!
We had soup and wrap! Food is amazing! Real Italian atmosphere! Excellent customer service!
Yes a bit of lack of cosines..but when you get that divine food in to you..could not care less!
I can not wait to take my husband there for evening meal..because lunches are always superb!
I am very happy Skerries town has authentic Italian restaurant!

K

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We love this restaurant Good food great chief pleasant service consistently good we always enjoy and look forward to our visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Good food, lovely staff and fair prices. Would benefit from a warmer look! Has an interesting menu and also sells a variety of Italian foods off the shelf.