“Nice view, I wish I could say the same for the food.”
Review of The Brick House

The Brick House
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Skerries
Price range: US$1 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Tapas restaurant with breathtaking views of the Skerries harbour. Great place to relax and unwind after a long day.We specialize in wide selection of delicious freshly homemade tapas, steaks, salads and seafood delivered daily.
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I generally try to be positive about restaurant quality and service (as my reviews demonstrate). However there comes a point where quality and service simply do not come up to scratch.
Myah is a nice place with a nice view, but, and it's a very big BUT, their attention to food quality is dreadful.
We ordered two main meals at about 3:30pm on a Saturday and it wasn't busy. One order was for fried Plaice and the other was for a burger.
We were hungry and waited a long time. Eventually our food arrived. The plaice resembled white mush with jellied skin, the burger was cold and the bap was soggy. Chips were fine.
My partner thought that the fish tasted ok and as she was hungry, proceeded to eat her fish. I caught the eye of the waitress, I pointed out that the burger was stone cold and she offered to bring it back to the kitchen. I looked at my partners half eaten jelly and decided that I'd rather not wait for more food while watching my partner eat her meal. I said so much to the waitress and asked her to leave the food and I would sort it out when I paid the bill. I left the burger and finished the chips. When I went to pay, they had charged me for the cold burger. I wasn’t going to argue – they just bought themselves two disgruntled customers and damaged their reputation.
I cannot understand why restaurateurs accept poor standards of service from their staff nor do I understand why they write up meal descriptions beyond their capacity to deliver.
I expect that what I order will eventually result in a serving of hot, appetising food being presented at my table. Anything less demonstrates contempt for the customer. I'm not sure if I'll be back; if I do, it will be for the view and I won't trust Myah with anything more than preparing coffee.

There are newer reviews for The Brick House

Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is a very cool restaurant.
Food was brilliant. Chowder and Prawns in Chilli & Garlic for starters. Crab meat and prawn wrap and a Burger for mains. Delicious.
Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful.
Will definitely return.

4  Thank cilliant
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Visited MYAH last night and was presently surprised. The restaurant is quirky and homely. The decor is great and the staff are very welcoming. They were very happy for you to sit for you to sit on and drink your wine looking at the beautiful view. My husband loved the craft beers. Had the chicken pie - good home cooked food. Would definitely go back.

4  Thank Mmmmmmi
Reviewed 25 April 2013

MYAH...MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME is just that ..a place where you are made to feel like a returning family member..What a gem!! This is an excellent place for a memorable evening.Seems that most of the kinks in previous reviews have been worked out. Give yourself the pleasure of relaxing at the bar... the craft brew beers of Ireland are showcased here deliciously...Great conversation with a modern professional staff. Dinner upstairs is like joining a favorite aunt's dinning room ,not fussy just good fun..Please order the chicken pie... then enjoy, crusty pastry,fresh filling ...exceptional Burgers are huge and so well prepared that no one was willing to share even one bite.. This is a place to bring friends,share laughter and good times. We were impressed by the view of the water and the attention given by our servers ..DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!

3  Thank Ron J
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Headed over to skerries mid week. Parked right outside Myah - did not know that it existed! Cold and windy night and did not really want to hang around so we went straight in. We were informed by waitress that they had opened in January. We were the only customers so we were given choice of upstairs or downstairs - we chose upstairs and were led to a pleasant room with lovely view over harbour and given a window seat.
The room was warm and nicely decorated. The menu was quite strange in its lay out and I found hard to navigate. We decided on not going for starters - just a main course each. I chose the chicken pie which was very tasty and filling, my hubby went for beef stew, which looked a bit watery to me but he enjoyed very much. My hubby also went for one of the craft beers which he loves to try out.
We had a rhubarb and ginger tart for dessert between us and it was a bit minimalist in its presentation but tasted very nice.
We finished with a latte for me and a cappuchino for him - very nicely served in a lovely china teacup for him and glass on a lovely saucer for me.
The bill was presented in a very decorative old pencil case with a nice chewy sweet each. We both used the bathrooms which were clean and had Kath Kitson pump soap in ladies - a nice touch.
Overall nice experience I would like to try again at weekend when more people around to see how service is at a busier time.

3  Thank irish_eyes007