“'Professional'”

Glashaus Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tallaght
“'Professional'”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The staff here were truly professional & completely 'served' our needs as customers! Everything we needed was sorted & to a high standard of service. Nothing we asked for was a problem.

We would highly recommend this hotel & would use it again ourselves!

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room & it was quiet!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul r
Dear Paul r,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review and for choosing Glashaus Hotel for your recent stay in Dublin.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you were very impressed with our staff professionalism and that 'nothing you asked for was a problem'. I will pass on your compliments to our staff.

Thank you for your recommendation to others and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel was discovered by mistake by my partner and I when we needed a hotel in Dublin.
The location is very convenient for the Luas tram system as it is immediately next door to it so getting around Dublin was extremely easy and cheap.

The rooms were spacious, clean and the beds were very comfortable.
The staff at this hotel were extremely helpful and friendly which always makes staying in a place like this enjoyable.

After speaking to some of the locals in Tallaght, apparently this hotel is not well known which I'm sure will not be the case in the near future.

I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Dublin. It's an undiscovered gem!

Room Tip: Ask for the family room..............it's massive!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charliegay2016
Dear Charlieay<

Thank you for taking the time to review Glashaus Hotel on Tripadvisor.

The location of our hotel indeed is very convenient and as you mentioned the Luas tram system is just on our step door so you can easy get to Dublin's most popular spots including O2 arena, Phoenix Park, Temple Bar area etc. I am glad to know that you liked the room you stayed and as you commented it was ' spacious, clean and beds were comfortable'. I will pass your lovely comments to all our team here at Glashaus Hotel as I am sure they will be delighted to know this.

Thank you again for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards,
Quimper, France
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Only stayed 3 days but really enjoyed the hotel! The staff was very friendly and the rooms was clean and quiet! I didn't go at the hotel's restaurant as the tram next to the hotel goes directly to the city center and I really wanted to visit the city. For rainy days, the mall on the other side of the Belgard square keeps you occupied too!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tamara L,

Thank you for reviewing Glashaus Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team was friendly and met all your needs.

Tram indeed is just outside the hotel and makes all trips to Dublin City Center easy.

I do hope we will get the opportunity to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards,
Room Division Manager
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Got a Room only rate of €65 for 1 night on their Website. When I added Breakfast to the selection it jumped to €85. Ain't paying €20 to anyone for Brekkie, so I declined the offer and took the Room only.
Next morning i rang down to Reception & surprise, surprise, i was quoted €8.50 for Breakfast.
That sounded a bit more realistic, so down i went.
Was handed a Menu & confusingly, a Full Irish was not priced at €8.50 like Receptionist had just quoted, but was instead €9.95.
Anyway, wasn't on form for a big Fry-Up, so i simply ordered an Omelette & Tea.
When I was checking out, the Dining Room staff hadn't sent the Bill to Reception so an unnecessary wait ensued. Eventually, the Receptionist printed my Bill & guess what, they charged me €10.40 for Breakfast.
So, in the space of 30 minutes, this Hotel presented me with "3" differing prices for a Breakfast that their Website had tried to charge me an additional €20 for at the point of making my reservation.
The Recrptionist phoned the Staff in the Dining Room regarding the charge of €10.40 and bullishly informed me that there was a "Surcharge" if you have an Omelette.
It gets better folks. While eating my "Multi-Priced" Breakfast, I took out my Phone & logged onto their Website to see what i would get quoted for a Room-only on that night which, by the way, was only going to be a Thursday, not a weekend night or anything.
Shock-Horror.......... best rate for a Room only had Sky-Rocketed from €65 to a whopping €95. Are these people for real or what ?
To finish my review, if you manage to find clarity with their pricing (yeah right) and go ahead & book a Room here, don't leave home without a Compass!!!
From the time you drive into the Public Underground Car Park, there is no Signage guiding you to the Hotel. I did 3 laps of the Car Park before i spotted a Doorway with an under-sized sign on the wall, but as you are driving around this Underground for the first time, it's a case of, "find us if you can".
When the doors of the lift opened on the Ground Floor, there was a tiny sign saying "Reception" on the wall in front of me, pointing to the right. When I turned right i found myself in a Hallway containing no less than 3 Doors, yet none of the 3 Doors had a sign on them to indicate which was the Door to Reception. Incredible stuff in 2014, but actually is this bad. Just like thd Car Park fail, here you will have to open & close 3 Doors to determine which one leads to Reception. Finally, in keeping with the lack of Signage theme. As far as I could see, when you are on the Floors where the Rooms are located there are absolutely no Signs directing Guests towards the Lifts or towards Reception. The amount of time that i expended looking, searching and trying to find my way around this place was without doubt the worst i have experienced, ever.
It's almost as if, somebody completely forgot to Order the Signage for the interior of the Hotel, then a decision was made by Management to just go ahead & open for business anyway!!!
By the way, if you are hoping to get a lie-in next morning, 2 bits of advice. Firstly, look for a Rolm to the rear of the Hotel. If you accept a Room to the front, the Terminus for the Luas is underneath your front Window. Secondly, I would hand the "do not disturb sign" on the door as I had House-Keeping hammering my Door down at 9.10am
You would think in a modern Hotel, the Reception would have a way of instructing House-Keeping when a Guest has departed & their Room is therefore vacant for cleaning ?
If I was to summarise my experience at this Hotel, i would have to say, "totally frustrating", and that does not make your stay enjoyable, does it ?

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank dabudgetmix
Jerry P, General Manager at Glashaus Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear dabudgetmix,

Thank you for your recent review - all feedback is very important to us. With regards to the jump in price you mention for breakfast this is based on per person occupancy in the room. However we do offer our guests a discounted price for breakfast if they decide to upgrade their rate to BB on check in. This discounted rate offers full continental breakfast and full Irish breakfast. I do apologies that communication between departments fell short on this occasion. I can assure this is not a standard of our hotel and all staff have been retrained regarding the issues you had. The increase of price for Thursday night stay is standard common practice across all hotels in Europe. Price is based on demand - on the night in question we had very few rooms to sell, and yes rate does increase upon demand.

The hotel is newly opened and signage has been put up and more is to arrive.The under size sign you mentioned spans across the entire wall at the entry door to the lifts from our secure and free car parking facility. More signage has been ordered.

I do apologies for the housekeeping knocking on your door at this early time, I personally followed this up with housekeeper and explained the proper procedure that needs to be followed.

I am sorry that you felt the need to use this forum to highlight the issues you had and that you did not contact management to talk through any of the problems you had during your stay.

I would like to discuss the matters with you in person if you would like to do so please contact me on 015381410.

Kind Regards,
Jerry Power
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We booked a 2 night stay here true lidi breaks landed at hotel with are reservation number,they couldnt find are booking.eventually they did.the staff have very poor people skills never came across worst bad manners in my life.the breakfast is not worth eating very poor quality food.plus ull be waiting at least 30 mins on ur fry and its YUK!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bigmarty81
Dear bigmarty81,

Thank you for taking the time to review Glashaus Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am really disheartened that you felt our staff have no manners - I can assure you that this is not a standard of our hotel and all staff are trained to provide best customer service in all departments. You mentioned that when you arrived to the hotel - you provided with your reservation number and receptionist could not find it on our system - I followed up with the person on duty and it is due to reservation being made on the same day. (Usually it can take up to 24 hours reservation to appear on our own system). I am sorry to hear that you had to wait 30minutes for your breakfast and when you got it you did not enjoy it.

I would really like to apologies for inconvenience caused while staying with us and I really hope that your last experience will not stop you from staying with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly (roomsdivision@glashaushotel.ie) for your future reservations and I will look after you.

Kin Regards,
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A nice hotel, very well situated by the Dublin Luas for easy access into the city. Secure, free underground carpark. Most staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast and dinner were avereage but nothing special. Restaurant noisy with no atmosphere. Rooms clean and well sound proofed. Would have liked a hairdryer in the room but there was an ironing board and iron in the wardrobe! Our room overlooked the square so it was quiet. Some rooms overlook the main road and the Luas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Square, not the main road. Make sure you know which exit you used whe...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisdoonvarna, Clare, Ireland
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed in a few hotels in Dublin but this one was our favourite purely because of how friendly the staff were. Our family room was also fabulous - spotlessly clean and well maintained and also huge with floor to ceiling windows on two sides. We ate in the hotel restaurant on both nights of our stay because we enjoyed it so much the first night. The staff were genuinely friendly and made a real fuss of our 5yr old daughter. The breakfast staff were equally lovely and the food was really, really good (and reasonably priced). The hotel is located at the end of the Luas red line which takes about an hour to the city centre but there is also a nice shopping centre across the road with department stores and a cinema. If you don't mind being a little further out of Dublin I would definately recommend this hotel and we will definately be back. Keep up the good work and thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Emma L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallaght
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin
Red Cow Moran's Hotel
#4 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Glashaus Hotel? Share your experiences!