“Love it! Love it!”

Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tallaght
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Its really hard for us to review this hotel unpartially. Stayed there for three times now and everytime was amazing. Hotel is clean, staff is nice, price is great. Rooms are gorgeous. If you need to stay in tallaght theres no better location either, just a few steps from the mall and few convenience stores. But if you need to go to the city centers you can get the regular buses or luas and you're there in about 30~40 mins (theres other maldrons down there and im sure theres just as good). Breakfast is usually not included but you have the option to include it (personally i think its a little pricey) or just walk five minutes and have a variety of choices at the mall.
One thing though, if you can choose, go for the non-smoking rooms. Theyre higher in the building and provide better view. The smoking rooms (we stayed in one last time) are on the bottom floor and have a balcony from where you can see this apartments building. Not very private if you know what i mean. The non-smoking rooms are better and if you need to have a smoke theres this public balcony with good view that in my opinion is still better than one in the bottom floor. Looking forward to stay there again next time I visit the in-laws in Dublin!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Greice

We love it too! Especially when our guests have had an enjoyable experience and they make time to give us their feedback. Thank you so much for your time.

I am absolutely thrilled that your positive experience of our hotel has made you one of our loyal customers and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel was excellent value for money, it was very modern and clean. We paid £54 for 2 with breakfast so wasnt sure what to expect but it was brilliant. The hotel staff were very friendly and the leisure facilities were really good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Julie-annM

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and feel comfortable recommending Maldron Hotel Tallaght to your family and friends.

We hope to welcome you back again soon and when doing so, may I recommend that you try our Movie Deal offer for a great night out in the cinema.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Just back from a 2 night stay in the maldron in Tallaght. I was a little nervous after reading some reviews. On check in we were delighted with everthing. The staff we very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and had a balcony but it was onto the main road. We didn't mind as it was the only smoking room that they had left. I really didn't want to take the smoking room as I hate the smell of them but my partner really wanted a balcony. To my surprise the smell of smoke was minimal. The major down fall for the first night was we had people playing rave music in the room next to us from when we checked in till 5a.m. We could have complained but didnt want to as didn't want the hassle. I did mention it to the lady on reception the following morning. This is no fault of the hotel but really annoying when your away for a break. I feel the rooms could be more sound proof. The breakfast is very nice with a good selection.On the morning of check our duvet cover had came off and I noticed there was stains on the duvet, the stains consisted of tea/coffee and blood. I nearly got sick to think that we were sleeping in this. We were 50 minutes late to check out and I was informed that there is usually a late fee of €15 which is not stated anywhere. I was not charged this late fee by the gentleman on reception. I would not have paid it anyway due to the noise and blood stains. I did inform the gentleman on reception about the blood stains as I felt they might not have of been aware of it. I would go back to this hotel as it is a nice hotel and it was great value. I would just check the duvet before I sleep in it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road..............
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sky0386

I am glad that your stay overall was enjoyable and you enjoyed our breakfast buffet selection.

Iam very sorry for the condition of your duvet and would like to assure you that this is not our standard and that the issue has been addressed.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I just returned last night from spending 3 nights here and I can honestly say I have no fault with the hotel we had interconnecting rooms I had 3 boys 10, 8, and 22 months and the rooms were fab and spacious giving the youngest plenty room to run about the rooms were spotless and the were cleaned every day. The food was great and I look forward to returning here again because I know when we return to Dublin my first call will be to book the Maldron again. The staff were so friendly and the lady on reception when we arrived made us feel we were coming home it was so welcoming.

Room Tip: We had our room at the back of hotel so didn't have traffic noise but I would effeminately recom...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Marie353

I am thrilled to hear that your family stay with us was enjoyable and my colleagues made your stay memorable with their friendly and warm welcome.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back again and hope that you will recommend Maldron Hotel Tallaght to your family and friends.

Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stayed here in interconnecting rooms for 2 nights with family. I thought we'd get balcony or terraced rooms but apparently interconnecting don't have either! Pity, as it was beyond hot and stuffy in the rooms. We initially had contact with a lovely girl when booking and got a great deal at 219e for 2 b&b and 1 dinner for the 4 of us. I also chose this hotel for accessibility - Luas, parking, easy to get to from south. Staff in hotel were friendly enough. Husband and children went to pool, said it was ok. The rooms were fine, very clean, tea/coffee etc. Breakfast was good but a bit all over the place. It is totally self service and tough if the milk runs out, having said that everything, except the awful looking scrambled eggs, tasted good and hot. We went across the road to the shopping centre that night, but its not great. We ate in Eddie Rocketts just outside and it was actually quite good with great staff. There is a football stadium just across the road from the hotel and the noise in the hotel until 1am was just awful, awful and awful again!!! We ate in the hotel the next night, the chicken wings were great. The burger was ok, chicken goujons were fine, steak sandwich was ok but the salmon was fab. We went across the road to Supervalu for ice cream for dessert. The area is not great, to be honest, its a bit rough at night and I def wouldn't feel safe on my own.

The general area in front of the hotel could've been cleaner, there's a lot of cig butts thrown all over the place, etc.

I'm not fussy when it comes to mould, cracked tile, etc, as long as my bed is clean and floors are clean which they were in our room. The staff were nice and friendly, it was great value - I just can't figure out why I would not recommend the place or why I know I will never stay there again............

Our rooms were facing private apartments where people were sitting on their balconies, their washing hanging out, teenagers talking late into the night, maybe that's partly the reason; it felt like we were in a housing estate not on a weekend break from my own estate, etc!!!!!

Its def not a 'holiday' hotel!

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms face onto private apartments.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear aoc

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy to note that you found your accommodation clean and food enjoyable.

Tallaght is a great location for tourists/families wanting to be near Dublin, while having access to great attraction around Dublin and as such our location on the N81, near M50 is ideal.

We hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Booked an interconnecting room for myself and my family.Convenient to the Luas and staff are very friendly but...
The carpets were absolutely filthy, as were the bathroom tiles. Where the bath joined the wall it was covered in black mould. The bed linen was spotless but I had to request a new duvet as it had blood stains showing through the cover. My daughter's blanket had huge stains along with cigarette burn holes in it. There is no air conditioning and the heat was stifling.
I did talk to management before I left and they responded well but I will not be back here.
The Tallaght area itself has a very unsafe/rough vibe, I would not recommend walking around on your own and would definitely not venture out at night. There is a fantastic playground just minutes away but I left it because it just didn't feel safe.
Not suitable for families or tourists.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank aoifej

Dear Aoifej

I am very disappointed to hear that your experience of our hotel was not satisfactory.
I would like to assure you that this is not our standard and your comments have been noted and addressed.
Thank you for taking the time to speak with a member of my management team and I am glad to learn that they addressed your concerns before you departed.

We hope that you will stay with us again and hopefully leave with a positive image of our hotel and Tallaght in general.

Regards

Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

We were forced to stay here because of Bruce Springsteen fans buying out whole of Dublin hotels. Staff are lovely but no Airconditioning means opening door on balcony and the noise of traffic all night is incredible! Also really dodgy area at night when we got off Luas at 12 at night. We ran back to hotel. Not recommended for tourists to Dublin!!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear RichRyan

While I am glad that you found our facilities and service to your expectation, I am surprised at your overall experience of Tallaght.

A number of tourists choose to stay in Tallaght due to its accessibility to the city centre and a number of attractions around the area i.e. Wicklow Mountains, Blessington Lakes, Powerscourt Gardens, Glendalough to name a few. Tallaght is also very well connected via LUAS and bus to Dublin City Centre and our hotel which provides free parking is an ideal base to explore all these fantastic attractions.

Hopefully we will welcome you back to our hotel.

Rishnoor Kaur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallaght
Glashaus Hotel
#2 of 7 in Clondalkin
Ibis Dublin
Ibis Dublin
#5 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Maldron Hotel Tallaght? Share your experiences!