Maldron Hotel Tallaght
US$130
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewscity centreshamrock roversleisure facilitiesacross the roadfree parkingfive minute walkdublin mountainsluas stopshopping mallbar foodvisiting dublinbalconystadiumedelirelandtramsquare
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel is set in a very close location for all major trams into central Dublin which is very convenient, The hotel itself is also very close to The Square shopping center so very convenient for regular travelers into Tallaght like myself.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JasonJ88
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Jason

Thank you for making time to post your feedback further to your stay in Maldron Hotel Tallaght.
I agree that our proximity to the LUAS station is a big plus in addition to free parking, leisure center and wifi for all our corporate guests.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for making our hotel your base when you travel to Dublin.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards
General manager

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Booked this hotel for one night. Very good parking under the hotel. The receptionist Ilona was very friendly and helpful and very chatty. Bar was quite when we were there and I thought the staff could have been more chatty. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 412 looks on to other apartments, no view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Alan

I am very glad that your stay with us was enjoyable and that the welcome you received by Ilona was warm and friendly. Free car parking is certainly of value when staying in Dublin and its good to note that you found it useful.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
General manager

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We Stayed in the hotel as part of a large group in October.

The hotel is located opposite Tallaght Stadium and less then a 10 min walk from The Sq. shopping centre and the luas line,

The lobby in the hotel is spacious and calm with plenty of seating options where you can sit and if you like, instead of sitting in the bar you can sit out on the lobby and enjoy your drinks there.

Upon check in we were greeted by Vivienne who let us know about the pool use, breakfast and dinner, and I had also left my bags at reception earlier that day with another lovely member of staff and that wasn't a problem to them.

The rooms are basic but lovely and clean and each morning our room was made up. The room was really warm due to the weather so the window was left open the entire duration of our stay, A lot of the sockets in our room didn't seem to have power and one was crackling if you plugged something in leaving us with only 2 working sockets,it didn't bother us at the time but was mentioned upon check-out. The beds were comfy and on the last night was made into a huge double bed, I was happy with the flexibility of the staff members understanding our requests.

The staff in the bar who we encountered were extremely polite, Lee is who we mostly dealt with on one of our nights and was great at recommending drinks, he was very helpful and patient and it wasn't a bother to him to serve us even when he was a wee bit busy .

Breakfast was your typical buffet breakfast nothing out of the ordinary, we requested poached eggs and they were perfect!
The night/evening doorman is a lovely character all together. The night of our banquet,everything went very well.

I would stay in this hotel again the rooms are what you would expect and the friendly staff are the bonus to this hotel creating an experience to remember. I don't see how anyone staying here would not enjoy there stay, I would recommend this hotel to people.

Room Tip: myself and my friend shared a twin room which has two skinny single beds for the first two nights but i booked a double for the last night, so they let me keep my room and they made the two singles into a double which saved the hassel of checking out and back in again
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KimJ286

Dear KimJ286

Thank you so much for reviewing your experience of Maldron hotel Tallaght. It is just wonderful to hear that the friendliness and flexibility of the team here made your stay with us apart from the ordinary.
Vivien and Lee were both thrilled to receive such high praise for their efforts and had huge smiles on their faces when I read your comments out to them.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay so comprehensively and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Maldron Hotel in Tallaght for a month while we visited Ireland. The staff was fantastic, the room was great, beds very comfortable and close to everything.

I only thing I would change about this Hotel is to add a mini refrig and microwave to the rooms. But with traveling aboard, I have learned that it is not common practice to have these items in rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Cendee

It is fantastic to hear that you and your daughters trip to Ireland was enjoyable and that the team in Maldron Hotel Tallaght made it that little bit more memorable for you.
I shared your comments with the team and they were delighted to receive such fantastic feedback.
We all hope that when returning to Ireland you will make our hotel your base once again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our team travelled to Tallaght for our Tenpin Triple Crown and stayed at the Maldron hotel.

We were looked after extremely well by all the staff and we can recommend this hotel to everyone but especially to large groups, all the facilities are excellent.

First rate, well done the Maldron Tallaght.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Dave G

We are all delighted that your team had a comfortable stay in our hotel and that our facilities met with your approval.
It is especially great to hear that the efforts of all our team members were so appreciated by you and your team.
We all look forward to welcoming you all back again.

Warm regards