“do not stay again”

Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tallaght
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We have stayed in this Hotel more than once and up to now have had complaints. It was my last visit om this hotel. Outside area in front of hte hotel was dirty - a lot of leaves and litters... Roomwas cold, dirty and with spidersweb, Next day cleaners also let themselves into room during the day when we were out even though the DO NOT DISTURB sign was on the door..!! Towels we had already used folded & put back in bathroom same with the bedding with no clean mugs & glasses provided. Had to wash them myself.Breakfast was OK. Anyway, do not stay again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Abbas

I am very disappointed to read your comments post your stay with us and Iam very sorry that you have left with a poor impression of our facilities and service. Please would you contact me on rkaur@maldronhotels.com so that I have the opportunity to speak with you and address all the issue you have highlighted.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Super hotel, nice staff. Only disadvantage was a poor wifi connection at my room (209) wich constantly dropped the connection. € 5,50 for a pint I found a little expensive. Very good to reach by public transportation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Ed J

We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions in the past few weeks, while in Dublin on business. On the first occasion we availed of a special pre-pay rate of €69 per room including breakfast.

On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff at reception and were checked in promptly and directed to our room on the fifth floor. We found the room to be comfortable but dated - the furnishings were quite worn and had seen better days, but we had a good nights sleep, despite the room facing the road.

The following morning, we went down for breakfast and were very disappointed with the ambience, quality of food on offer and service.

The nicest thing about the hotel however is the Arena Leisure Centre which I used for an early morning swim. It was spotlessly clean and well appointed.

On our return visit, we decided to book room only because of our experience of breakfast on our first visit. We did however decide to upgrade to a superior room at €79.00. This room was located on the third floor and faced inwards - away from the road and was much quieter. The furnishings were identical to the room we had on our first stay but weren't as worn - is this why it is a "superior" room?

All in all, I would return to this hotel again as its main selling point for me is it's leisure centre and the fact that it is only a 25 minute tram ride from the city centre. However, I would continue to book room only as I do not consider breakfast to be value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear and away from the road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Alcudiafan

Thank you for your feedback post your two stays in Maldron Hotel Tallaght. I am delighted that the team you encountered were all friendly and efficient.
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast offering, I would appreciate it greatly if you would contact me on rkaur@maldronhotels.com, so that we have the opportunity to address our shortcomings and have the opportunity to improve our offering for your return visit.

Kid Regards

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had our Xmas party here on the 07 December ( last Sat ). I was staying in the hotel and was given a nice welcome at the reception. We arrived at the reserved room to a cocktail reception and greeted with " the drink in here is a rip off, we are doing a special on Canadian 2 for 5.00 euro" by the person handing them out. no happy Xmas or enjoy your night. Although the room had a Xmas tree in the corner, their was nothing to make it a bit of a special occasion. Every person complained about the price of the drink as it was A disgrace , what they charged .It would have been cheaper to book somewhere in Temple bar. 7.00 euro for a bottle of bulmers, pints over 6 euro and Vodka and pepsi ( no coke ) 9.90. The bar was under-staffed as we had to bring our empties back to clear the tables.They ran out of Budweiser and heiniken on tap, ran out of bottles of bulmers and ran out of clean glasses.?? This should not happen at any party that was booked for 100 staff. after the bar shut, four of us headed for the residents lounge but were told to head for our rooms as we would not be served as they were having to deal with another group that were involved in a bit of a row.We made the best of what we could ourselves , but the hotel let us down completely and only had interest in ripping us all off.
Will not be booking for next year...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dOMINIC H
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Dominic

Thank you for reviewing our hotel further to your stay.

While I am very pleased to hear that you received a warm and friendly welcome, I am very sorry that your experience at the party was not as positive as we would like.

Please would you contact me on rkaur@maldronhotels.com, so that I can address the matter.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Jus had Xmas party the weekend the price of drinks was absolutely robbery, they sold and charged scandalous prices for a lidls brand of redbull. Refused to oblige 25 residents a drink after 3am. Took unopened bottles of wine from our table in the lobby telling us no drinking aloud in lobby then when we decided t go t our rooms we were told that the guards were on standby if we were too noisy. Please note we are not teenager's our ages ranged between 30 +. To top it off the breakfast was foul. I wouldn't recommend staying here even if it was free

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Jenrob12345

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and please accept my sincere apologies that you did not leave with a positive experience.
I would be grateful if you would contact me directly on rkaur@maldronhotels.com so that I can address the matter.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband and I stayed recently at the Maldron Hotel in Tallaght. It was perfect for our break; easily accessible from the motorway and free car-parking which was great. The Luas is around the corner. Good price and we were very happy with the room (it had a balcony). The reservation was efficient and staff we met at reception, restaurant, bar and housekeeping were friendly and helpful. We particularly enjoyed the pool and leisure facilities. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: The room was quite warm, I was glad of the balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear LoFogg

Thank you very much for reviewing Maldron Hotel Tallaght further to your stay with us. It is very nice to hear that you and your husband had an enjoyable break.
It is also great to hear that you found our location and complimentary car parking a plus and that you found time to relax in the leisure centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back and wish you the very best for the holiday season.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 21 November 2013

we stayed one night and enjoyed our stay with very helpful and friendly staff who went out of their way to help even let us leave car in private car park untill we went into the city on the luas the next day another benifit is the luas station is very convenient.The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was lovely .will surely be back.Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay outside the city

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Seamus

It is just wonderful for all of us to hear about our guests experience of our hotel. I am delighted that the team here made your stay with us memorable.
Our location on the LUAS line is certainly a plus in addition to free secure car parking, leisure center and strong wifi for tourists and business guests alike.
I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast with us and would like to thank you for your stamp of approval and for recommending us to your friends and family.

Warmest Regards
Rishnoor Kaur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallaght
Glashaus Hotel
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#70 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Maldron Hotel Tallaght? Share your experiences!