“Very clean.”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Waskom, Texas
“Very clean.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Room was very clean. Not very many tv channels. Daytime customer service was non existent. Evidently has a lot of smoking rooms. Small, thin bath towels. There were 3 pillows on my king size bed, all very big and hard. Had a hard time getting comfortable since i'm a side sleeper and prefer a somewhat flat pillow. Tolerable for a single night, just needing a place to shower and sleep. If i ever go back to Lawrenceburg i'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bonnie C
abvimotel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Lawrenceburg, responded to this review, 18 March 2015
Dear Bonnie C,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I am sorry that we did not provide you with an enjoyable experience. I will be sure to address the issues with housekeeping so that future guests are not impacted.

Americas Best Value Inn-Lawrenceburg, TN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Aldrich, MO
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our room was supposed to be a non-smoking room. However, upon entering it at check-in we could detect a faint smoke smell. We decided that surely it would dissipate, since it wasn't a strong odor. We stayed for 4 nights/5 days and, almost daily, after returning to our room after it was "cleaned," we could smell smoke. On the fourth day, the stench of smoke was obvious! Our son is extremely sensitive to it due to asthma, so we informed the property manager immediately. He insisted that his cleaning crew does not smoke and, in other words, that we were mistaken! He did not offer to give us a different room nor adjust the price for the misrepresentation of the room. The breakfast offerings are sparse; the orange juice dispenser obviously needs to be cleaned as it repeatedly spit out black specks of debris. Also, there were 3 of us in our party. One would think that the cleaning person would realize that when they pick up 3-4 dirty towels that the same number of clean ones should be left--not just two. Beds were not the best, but the pillows were worse! Very unhappy with our experience!

Room Tip: Ask to see and smell the room before paying for it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah S
Dear Deborah S,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable visit. Some of our guests request non-smoking rooms and end up smoking in them. We do our best to remove any odors whenever we discover the issue. We do offer a variety of items on our breakfast such as hot waffles, muffins, cereal, fruit, apple juice, orange juice, and coffee. I am not sure why you had any issues with the orange juice. We do properly maintain the equipment and also have our vendor check the machine periodically. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have a new dog so we had to stay at a hotel that allowed pets. This was the nicest one with an outdoor pool ship we could get some sun also. When we got there found out the pool was closed. The brunette lady that checked is in was very nice. Later that night at around 9:15 my husband went to get more pillows. There was a different lady there and she was extremely rude.
Later we found out she was the owner. We were in town for a family wedding, sho when our aunt checked in as 11pm the lady was even more rude than before.
We stayed for 2 nights and we only ate the included breakfast on Sunday morning. The milk was out of fate by a week, apples and bananas were VERY brown and the orange juice was really dark. Even the prepackaged muffins were hard. I had a waffle and syrup and a cup of water.
Then while we were loading up the vehicle the rooms phone started ringing at 10:58. She called to tells us it was time to leave. The place barely had any customers and now I can see why. When we left I took the keys to her and asked when the pool would be fixed and she said never. I told her they needed to take it off the website then. I told her to have a nice day and she never replied back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Myra V
Dear Myra V,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in 2014. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I am concerned about the issues you had mentioned during that time. I will be sure to address the issues with our staff so that we can improve upon our product. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Old Hickory, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Prior to checking in for a two night stay for business I needed to participate in a conference call around 11 am and hoped it would not be a problem sitting quietly in their little breakfast room and participating in the call. A gruff woman on duty appearing to be the manager or owner said no I could not do that.

I then asked if there was any way to check in early and was told no because she had no house cleaners available to clean the room. Granted... it was very early and check in was not until 2 pm (but I noticed the next two mornings that rooms were being cleaned and finished very early in the morning).

Room was clean and there were no odors. Mattress had very little support.

The door to the room closed in a such a way that it was hard not to make noise when shutting it. In fact each door actually had a note glued on the handle asking you to shut the door quietly. Good luck with that. I couldn't do it.

When my neighbor came back to his room at 11 pm, I got to enjoy hearing him slamming the door to his room and then within minutes hearing most of plumbing events (loud plumbing) taking place in the restroom.

The next morning I went to breakfast and noticed a sign where patrons were requested not to take food back to the room. Have stayed a lot of places and have never seen such a policy. To make matters worse... the one person having breakfast was coughing, sneezing, and wheezing and literally begging me to catch whatever it was he had. The breakfast itself was nothing to write home about. There was a waffle maker that however made waffles that were uncooked in the middle. (The second morning I didn't bother to go to breakfast.)

Should have cancelled my second night, but didn't.

On the second afternoon of my two night stay for business the WiFi was nonexistent. Since my cell provider (Sprint) has zero service in much or all of Lawrenceburg I was stranded without internet. Made numerous in vain attempts to convince the friendly but clueless woman at the counter that none of my devices (smart phone, tablet, and laptop) were working when the wifi had been no problem the first night. She was sure that "I" was one that didn't know what I was doing. (Deliver me.)

I travel to Lawerenceburg every couple of months and had previously stayed at the other national chain option in town and wanted to try out this hotel out to see if the breakfast was any better. It's not.

Again... the room was clean and devoid of any unpleasant smells. Your visit may be just fine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony P
Dear Anthony P,

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your review. I did actually respond immediately, however, something must have happened because I don't see it on here. We do our best to provide clean rooms at affordable prices. We added a few more WIFI access points so hopefully if there were any issues this resolved them. I feel that we offer good accommodations for our guests. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I hate leaving our small dog a lot. He's a great traveling companion. The inn was clean and the bathroom was remodeled. The breakfast wasn't half bad either. Waffle station was a plus! If you are looking to get away and see Amish country, then stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gmoore730
abvimotel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Lawrenceburg, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Gmoore730,

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are a pet-friendly location and I am happy that we could accommodate you. We hope to see you again in the future!

Louisville, Ohio
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband & I had reserved another hotel in Lawrenceburg,TN. initially. Oh my, it 'reaked' of a musty smell & you could hardly breathe. I had a splitting headache from just taking 2 steps inside of the "reserved one"!!
A really nice gentleman (I believe a busn. man) told us about this one. We had come in for the Southern Gospel weekend, the second part of our vacation.
I wanted to say a SPECIAL THANKS to a Pauline, that 'came to our rescue'. I know she could tell I was a nervous wreck from the 1st initial hotel we had reserved!!
We would DEFINITELY stay there again if ever back in your area!!! Would rate it ABOVE Comfort Inn's!
Betty---Louisville, OH. Our stay was July 25,26 & 27th,2013. Thanks again for 'rescuing' us!!

Room Tip: Didn't have time for the fitness center. Very close to a lot of stores within a couple blocks. H...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Betty M,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review with us. It gives me great pride in knowing that Pauline took care of your needs! I will be sure and give her a special thanks for going above and beyond. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country!

TN
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed here because it was the only place in town that had truck parking and vacancy. I wasn't too excited about it because these are usually run down, not so clean motels. This one was a nice exception. The room I was in had been recently remodeled and everything was clean and pretty up to date. There was nothing fancy and it's still a budget Motel, but I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear parkerfly,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean and up to date rooms. Should you return to the Lawrenceburg area, we would love to have you as our guest!

Americas Best Value Inn-Lawrenceburg, TN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
Richland Inn
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Mount Pleasant
Hohenwald/Natchez Trace KOA

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Lawrenceburg? Share your experiences!