Rodeway Inn
US$94
US$90
Davy Crockett Motel(Lawrenceburg)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 December 2008

We arrived late at the hotel with two small children, so we didn't try to change rooms. I sprayed Oust and ran the coffee maker trying to drown out the smell, to no avail. The room and beds looked otherwise clean. The bathroom could use remodeling. The continental breakfast was decent, with a variety of muffins and name-brand cereals. The clerk offered no apologies when we told her about the smell at check-out. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 February 2008

Stayed here one night on business trip. As already described, hotel is ethernet wired (which they'll provide for free) but located away from the desk once in the room. That was odd.
Room was clean, and roomy. Remote for TV didn't work but that happens.
Price was good, free breakfast was rather spare and did not try.
For a 1 night stay the hotel was adequate. I'd give it a thumbs up.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2007

Whoever planned the room arrangement was drunk or crazy or both. The internet connection is wired, not wireless -- and that's fine with me -- I prefer wired to wireless. But here's the crazy thing: There's a nice work desk with a nearby outlet to plug in a computer and with space to work. But can you connect to the net anywhere in that vicinity? No. The net connection is on the other side of the room. At first I sat on the floor and worked on the bedside table, after having to move things off of that little table and unplug the clock to plug in my computer. My aged body got tired of that arrangement pretty quickly, though, so I figured out a way to do MAJOR furniture rearranging and move the desk over near the net connection. This meant dragging the bed out, moving the things that were on the desk (including a strange lamp that appears to have something to do with net connectivity but doesn't), carrying the desk across the room, and not being able to get out of the bed on that side during the night. Then I had to (or at least chose to) go through the whole routine again the next day to get the room back the way I found it.

Re the personnel: I saw two people during my brief stay. One was extremely friendly and helpful. The other was the total opposite. I would identify them if I could, but I don't know their names. The friendly one was there when I checked in but gone when I went back a little while later to inquire about net matters. That's when the unfriendly, unhelpful person was on duty. The friendly and helpful person was there again the next morning.

Another negative: The room had that horrible sickly sweet smell that cheap hotel rooms often have. I don't know what it is exactly. I just know that it's nauseating when you first walk into such a room but that you get used to it and don't really notice it after a while. I've never encountered that smell in motels like Hampton Inns or even Microtels (I say "even" since Microtels are cheap). I've often encountered it in motels like Days Inn or Best Western. (Best Westerns vary enormously, of course. There's apparently no national quality control.) I'm not sure where the smell comes from. Is it something like a so-called "air freshener" (aka "air stinker-upper")?

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 10 August 2007

My friends and I were in Lawrenceburg to attend the James Vaughn Festival, which was great, but the room came up short. The beds were comfortable and the desk clerks were accommodating and tried to be helpful. The room was BAD. The phone did not work the first day so we made several trips to the office to report problems. There was a leak under the sink that had obviously been there for awhile because there was black mold underneath the vanity. The carpet was wet by the vanity the two days we were there. There was also mold on the wall near the ceiling in the bathroom. The carpet needed cleaning. There were flies in the room that "bugged" us the whole time we were there. I hope this room is the exception rather than the rule at this hotel. I gathered the desk clerks do not have much leeway in getting problems checked out or repairs made. Apparently there was no maintenance person at the property because the clerk had to call the owner to have the problems checked. They did give me a small discount on the room but I do not plan to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank slhorton43
Reviewed 23 June 2005

Checked into the motel& got ready to take a shower, after driving 350 mi. There was no hot water & I called the front desk & was given one excuse after another. This started at around noon & finally got hot water at 10 pm. The following day, I went out for a while & came back & couldn't get in my room, had to go to office to get new key card made. To most people, this might not be a problem, but I am a senior & disabled. No adjustments were made to the bill, after talking to desk clerk & many calls to Best Western main offices. That was my first & LAST stay at the Lawrenceburg Best Western

• Stayed: June 2005