“Great get away”
Review of Aran Islands Hotel

Aran Islands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inishmore
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We're just back from the Aran Island Hotel. Fantastic place. We went with our very good friends. We had never been to the islands before..

This was a great experience, on arrival on the island, we were greeted by the lovely Niall. Great 1st impression, all staff were very helpful and friendly. The whole experience was amazing. Just checking our dates to see when we can return. If you're thinking of booking go ahead and do it. Best prices and lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very recommendable, well managed Hotel, good and clean accommodation, nice view to harbour bay, excellent food in the restaurant, super mid week price performance, very nice and helpful people! Do not forget to make a trip with Doolin Ferries to Inis Oirr! Fly over with Air Arran from Connemara Coast Airport to Inis Mor ( a must !!). Just relax and enjoy the stay on the scenic Aran Islands. It is more than worth it !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View Room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We spent 2 nights in this hotel and had the benefit of one free night. The room was large, very clean and offered all we needed. Even without having asked for, we had a large balcony with seaview. The personnel at the reception as well as in the pub were very friendly. On the day of our arrival we had dinner at the hotel. We enjoyed that much that we decided to stay at the hotel for dinner even on the second night. These small islands are so relaxing and offer you an anti stress remedy. We will certainly return

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sonny M
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel is a bit of a walk from the pier, but fantastic if you're travelling with smaller kids. We were there with our 3 and 6 year old children, and they're still too small to want to stay in a separate room. We had a family room and it was wonderfully big. All the staff were fantastic, the woman working the front desk (Roisin I think, please forgive if I'm wrong) was really friendly, with tips for playing at the shore and good advice on places to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

16 of us stayed at this hotel on 19 April for a hen night, Niall from the hotel could not have been more friendly or helpful, he collected our bags from us at the ferry while we went on a tour of the island.
When we got back we were very quickly checked in by the friendly staff. The rooms were all very nice and everyone was very happy. Room 100 was a real treat for the bride to be, it's was absolutely fab, very spacious and unbelievable views from the large balcony.
We enjoyed an evening meal at the hotel before Niall dropped us all to the local pub and collected us again in the early hours!

Thanks so much for a great weekends craic we will be back!!!

Deirdre
Tralee, Co Kerry

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We arrived to a very snug and warm reception. both in temperature and atmosphere!

The bedroom was lovely and warm and the bathroom was very clean. My bed sheets were spotless as was my bedspread (I hate hotel bedspreads,they're very often dirty) my bed wasn't the comfiest but for a 3 star hotel, at the price, it was ok. We had a minor issue with the room which was dealt with so so promptly and efficiently by the manager, Niall. Offering us a complimentary gesture as an apology, which we were blown away by. The shower was great, loads of hot water, great pressure (extractor didn't work though) the room wasn't as sparkling clean as it should be.

The cooked breakfast was really great, freshly made to order, great poached eggs! I would go so far as to say the best cooked breakfast I've ever had. There was a roaring fire in the bar from early morning, which burned all day into night. So many places are mean about lighting a fire. not here!

The room was made up on the first morning but it wasn't done properly, they forgot to clean the cups and replenish the tea/coffee items, the bin wasn't emptied and it was overflowing, we ran out of loo roll during our stay but it wasn't replenished when the room was made up. I requested an extra blanket and pillow and got both, but it was taken away when they made up the room the next morning! I came back too late at night so didn't want to ask again. I get the impression that there are no strict guidelines on how to make up/turn over a room. A to do list would ensure nothing was forgotten!

The girls working at breakfast were so lovely and friendly, really pleasant and helpful. as were the other staff members in the hotel, Niall stood out in that he was very much present and onto anything that wasn't as it should be. The hotel is so lucky to have him.

We walked down to the village after check out to see if we could get a pony and trap to take us around the island, we were so disappointed we couldn't get one, a quick call to the hotel and within a few minutes we had our pony and trap!

We had lunch on the last day at the hotel, we really regret not having dinner here, the soup and the chowder were really excellent, as was the brown bread. We sat by the lovely fire and the waitress let me recharge my phone, even though I had checked out! The bar toilets were incredibly spotlessly clean, i mean impressively clean!

The staff were so friendly and helpful throughout, although I felt the girls were quite young and inexperienced and lacked training in waiting tables and housekeeping.

There was a large gap at the base of and the side of my bedroom door, every sound came into the room, it was like there was no door.

There is a really lovely dining room in this hotel, that I didn't see on this visit, I'm baffled as to why they don't use it, its such an asset to the hotel. I'm not a fan of eating breakfast/lunch/dinner in the hotel bar. Its an injustice to the really great food served here.

This hotel has such huge potential,, it has a really great manager and a great chef. They need a senior whip cracking housekeeper though. Niall, you need to inspect the rooms often, this would really elevate the standard of the hotel.

I would stay here again in the hope that improvements will be made and i don't get the room with the gappy door!

Thank you to all at the hotel!

Room Tip: we were at the back, which was very very quiet on a night music was quite loud..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brouhaha14
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very nice stay. Room was large size and cost reasonable. A very modern look and attractive restaurant area at this property, the only actual hotel on the Aran Islands.

Please recognize that Hotel Manager NIALL MADIGAN is probably the most effective Hotel Manager I have encountered in decades of staying in different properties throughout the world. Over that period one recognizes those people who have talent and care about the place where they work. He is savvy, smart, and professional. I believe he has had additional experience in larger properties noticed by his advice and interaction with his staff and guests.

Frankly, If I were in the hotel industry I would have offered Niall a position as a General Manager with an offer he could not refuse.
For those who may be interested I can tell you with great confidence that if you want a very effective competent Hotel Manager you should look into hiring Nialll who is the Manager at this location. You would not be disappointed.

Room Tip: They have rooms with a balcony overlooking the Ocean that I was given and not expecting. You could r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inishmore
Hotel Inis Oirr
1 mi away
Tigh Fitz
Tigh Fitz
#4 of 21 in Inishmore

Been to Aran Islands Hotel? Share your experiences!