We had a delightful stay in this beautiful, Frank Lloyd Wright style hotel. The room was huge with a spectacular view out over the island and out to sea. The food in the restaurant was outstanding with delicious and fresh local seafood cooked with great skill – the prawns with aioli will never be forgotten. The wine list was small but very well chosen. The island itself is quiet, unlike the other surrounding islands and this fantastic hotel is the perfect way to relax in extraordinary surroundings. The staff and owners were delightful too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inis Meain is one of the Aran Islands, 15 miles off the west coast of Ireland. It is just 3 miles across and supports 160 inhabitants. Ruairi & Marie-Therese de Blacam created Inis Meain Restaurant & Suites to enhance visitor's appreciation of the island by providing a style of accommodation and dining that is complimentary to the location. The suites are simple and understated in styling, with ample space and views. The restaurant serves mainly island-sourced food. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Inis Meain Restaurant And Suites
- Inis Meain Restaurant Hotel Inishmann
- Inis Meain Restaurant & Suites Ireland/Aran Islands