This place is fabulous. My wife and I travelled from Belfast to the west coast for several days over Easter and spent 4 days here. The rooms are nice, the food is excellent and the island feels remote and peaceful. This is not for anyone looking for excitement - it's purely for relaxation.
The owners and staff tailor everything (through experience) to maximise your enjoyment/relaxation and they were a pleasure themselves.
It's expensive, but worth it. I can't recommend it enough.
Top tip - take the plane rather than the boat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inis Meain is one of the Aran Islands, 15 miles off the west coast of Ireland. It is just 3 miles across and supports 160 inhabitants. Ruairi & Marie-Therese de Blacam created Inis Meain Restaurant & Suites to enhance visitor's appreciation of the island by providing a style of accommodation and dining that is complimentary to the location. The suites are simple and understated in styling, with ample space and views. The restaurant serves mainly island-sourced food. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Inis Meain Restaurant And Suites
- Inis Meain Restaurant Hotel Inishmann
- Inis Meain Restaurant & Suites Ireland/Aran Islands