Marie Therese and Ruairi de Blacam have created a gem on a gem of an island. Inis Meain is extraordinary. The overall design of the restaurant and suites deserves all the attention it has received to date. From the bicycles to the home-baked breads, to timeless landscape and artic terns, to the breezily unaffected locals who greet you in Irish, nothing can prepare you for how wonderful all this makes you feel. I only hope I can get a reservation next time I want to come here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inis Meain is one of the Aran Islands, 15 miles off the west coast of Ireland. It is just 3 miles across and supports 160 inhabitants. Ruairi & Marie-Therese de Blacam created Inis Meain Restaurant & Suites to enhance visitor's appreciation of the island by providing a style of accommodation and dining that is complimentary to the location. The suites are simple and understated in styling, with ample space and views. The restaurant serves mainly island-sourced food. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Inis Meain Restaurant And Suites
- Inis Meain Restaurant Hotel Inishmann
- Inis Meain Restaurant & Suites Ireland/Aran Islands