I stayed here for a single night, on a flying visit to Inis Oirr.The hotel is about 2 minutes' gentle walk from the pier. There was no record of the booking, even though I had done it over the phone that morning! It was sorted out fairly promptly.
The decoration is very dated - it feels like a late-70s timewarp. The room I had was clean, but the bed wasn't that comfortable. I gather that the B&Bs are rather better in terms of decoration, service etc. There are 2 computers in the restaurant area for internet access (€2 per hour). Mobile signal was non-existent (it's hit and miss on the island generally).
As others have pointed out, the hotel is very noisy. It's not just the pub: I could hear everything from the room above (including at least 2 dropped coins rolling on the floor), and doors banging.
If you absolutely have to get a room at short notice, and for just overnight, it's ok - but cannot be recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ostan Inis Oirr, owned and run by the Flaherty family for 30 years. The hotel is situated close to sandy beach and pier. The 14 bedrooms include 2 large family rooms. All bedrooms are en-suite with central heating, electric blankets and hairdryers. Facilities include a Restaurant, bar and Lounge. A magnificent dining room is overlooking a castle. There is fresh local seafood with full wine and bar facilities also available on request for non residents. A Great atmosphere with traditional Irish Music and food in the Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Inis Oirr reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ostan Inis Oirr (Inisheer Hotel) Hotel Inishere
- Hotel Inisheer Ostan Inis Oirr
- Hotel Inis Oirr Aran Islands, Ireland - Inisheer