“Not so hot”
Review of Hotel Inis Oirr

Hotel Inis Oirr
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inisheer
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Had a coffee here. Coffee was not great. Staff basically mute - took the cash, no eye contact.
We sat outside. The tables all had dirty plates and glasses. I cleared my own table. A friendly local dog helped to clear off the adjoining table - not something I have seen before.
Worth a visit if you want to gain practical restaurant experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank astaines
There are newer reviews for Hotel Inis Oirr

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife and myself booked a ferry in Doolin to travel over to Inisheer for a Declan O'Rourke gig in Aras Eanna on Saturday 2nd August. I booked this stay about two to three months earlier by phone and rang to confirm it a week before. We had a lovely ferry boat crossing from Doolin to Inisheer. The hotel was located about 5 minutes walk from the pier. We arrived at the hotel and were met by a full bar at around 12:30 in the afternoon with people getting lunch and local revellers. We checked in at reception which is located either through the bar or around the side. We went to our room and it was a rerasonable size with ensuite facility. There is no tea/coffee available in the room which would have been nice. The bed and room was comfortable. However we soon realised we had been put in the room beside the boilerhouse. Every time a hot tap was turned on this boiler was activated and it was very noisy. I went to reception about ait and they said they were full up and could not move us. anyhow we went out and had a great meal in a local restaurant ( not the hotel) and went to a great gig in Aras Eanna which is a wonderful centre with a theatre , gallery, tea room and lovey staff. We came back about 11:30 and the bar was hopping in the hotel. We went to our room and about 2 hours later a few lads full of the local brew and feeling no pain sang and generally paid no heed to the late hour for about an hour. Although it was late it was actually very funny listening to the antics. I suppose really though the hotel staff should have asked them to quiten down. The next morning we had a lovely breakfast and went for a walk. We checked out about 11 AM and complained again abot the bolier and mentioned the noise during the night. The person on reception reduced the price by €10. She said we could speak to the owner but we left it be. All in all our trip to the island was great but I'm not sure if we would go back to the hotel but only due to the boiler issue. As a hotel it is a very nice 3 star accomodation. The staff were very busy the whole time we were there but the people we dealt with could have been a little more friendly.

Room Tip: avoid the room beside the boiler house
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I fell in love with Inis Oirr and the Ostan (Inisheer Hotel). The people are welcoming and work hard to show their guest a fantastic time. I do plan on going back and will definitely be booking with them for my stay (which I will make longer than one evening). Thank you for an amazing experience

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Melynda F
Reviewed 12 July 2014

For anyone like us who like to head to the Aran Islands to get away from it all Ostan Inis Iarr is a great spot. While it might not be the most luxurious hotel stay, it's comfortable, cosy and close to everything. We had a lovely spacious double room on our last stay & both got a great night's sleep. We didn't eat in the hotel bar but got a few drinks & there was a great atmosphere. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AKoalaBear
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I visited the beautiful Aran Islands in May 2014. We did not stay at this hotel overnight but we did eat in the hotel's pub. I want to put it in writing that we had the BEST SEAFOOD CHOWDER that we have ever had anywhere on this planet! And we try the chowder every place we travel. Don't miss it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hockney
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The place seriously needs a health inspection visit. Toilets were filth. Food was thrown together. Atmosphere was rough and rowdy full of drunks. The dirt of the place is what annoyed me most. Seriously needs a make over. I'd hate to see what the rooms were like. Hotel my back side! !

• Stayed: June 2014
13  Thank RoyBs
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Got off the boat to miserable drizzly rain so ducked in here until it cleared up. The bar had everything we needed from a roaring fire to dry our clothes, tasty food, all the matches on the tv and even a pool table. The bangers and mash were smashing if you are deciding what to have for dinner....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Weltnomad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inisheer
Aran Islands Hotel
#8 of 20 in Inishmore
Aran Camping Glamping
Aran Camping Glamping
#1 of 4 in Inishmore

Been to Hotel Inis Oirr? Share your experiences!