“Returned to Carna Bay in Ireland”
Review of Atlantic Wave

and 1 more site!
Atlantic Wave
Ranked #2 of 5 Carna B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Returned to Carna Bay in Ireland”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Well what can I say apart from Caitlin should be given 10 stars it was wonderful to see you again and yet again I was made extremely welcome it felt like you were family I was visiting it was like returning home your breakfast is always amazing and could not get enough of your gorgeous soda bread and home baked scones. I have already told my fiancé that I will be bringing him out to see you late next year after I have been on a girlie weekend with my friends I so did not want to leave I always feel so,relaxed and made very welcome as soon as I step over the front door Caitlin you are a very good friend and can not wait to see you again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tracy w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have returned yet again to Atlantic Wave. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I visit carna. Caitlin as always has a fantastic home, she makes sure we have everything we need. The full irish breakfast remains the best I've ever had, and sets me up for the day ahead. I always feel completely at home here and never want to leave. The rooms are beautiful with comfy beds, impeccably clean, all ensuite and the most amazing views. For me staying at Atlantic Wave is my little piece of heaven, and I am happy to recommend it everyone. I certainly can't wait till I return next year. xx

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Galwaygirl1620
Jodoigne, Belgium
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I really appreciated Caitlin 's hospitality, it was just like if I was at home for 8 days...
Thanks for great breakfast.
A quite and very nice house.
I enjoy the walk on the beach.
Keep your island calm like this, it is a wonderful place.
Hope to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jerome m
Ulladulla, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My brother and I stumbled across this beautiful little place on a late night drive from Galway. Weary from travelling, we had to pull in to the next town we came to which happened to be Carna. We followed the signs to a b&b out on Mweenish Island (we learned later). We were greeted by Caitlin and welcomed straight in. Our room was lovely, warm, homely and very clean with ocean views. Beds were soft, shower hot, and it was so quiet - slept like a baby. The next morning we sat down to a full Irish breakfast feast home-cooked by Caitlin. We felt very welcomed and were attended to very well. We had tea/coffee and scones in the comfortable loungeroom upon request. The house was very spacious and the surrounding area breathtaking. Nice outdoor sitting area and within walking distance of some very scenic beaches and farming land. I would definitely come back to Atlantic Wave and Caitlin's hospitality. We are recommending this place to our parents to come to on their trip to Ireland next year. :)

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at the Atlantic Wave back in March and meant to come right home and write a review...but here it is 6 months later. Our stay was wonderful. Caitlin was a wonderful host and the family room was perfect for us. We were able to spread out and get settled in for our 3 night stay. Caitlin's breakfast was very good and she went out of her way to make pancakes for our 16 year old daughter. It's chilly on Mweenish Island in March but Michael started a turf fire for us in the family room and I spent hours there reading and relaxing.

Room Tip: The family room is perfect for groups of 3 or more.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mef789
Kfar Saba, HaMerkaz, Israel
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were so lucky to have found Atlantic Wave!!!! Our room was fantastic!!! Caitlín was very welcoming and made us feel at home immedialtely!her breakfast was the best,I would say in comparison to all the b&b we stayed in during our visit, the best one! Atlantic Wave is superb in every way: gorgeous setting; beautiful, clean, and quiet home; delicious Irish breakfast, .The house is situated right beside the sea and the view is just beautiful as well as there being a magnificent garden surrounding the house. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Polina S
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at atlantic wave for 4 nights and found it a great place to stay for exploring connemara. I had a small room with own bathroom, it was perfect for my needs.Iam a vegetarian and Caitlin found plenty of substitutes for me to eat. It was a great way to start the day and after touring and walking and exploring driving back in the evening felt like going home. Staying at the atlantic wave blended perfectly with the connemara experience. Many thanks Caitlin.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank martin l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carna
Carna Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cashel
Cashel House Hotel
Cashel House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Cashel

Been to Atlantic Wave? Share your experiences!