“Horrible Tea and very dirty place to eat”
Review of The Bake House

The Bake House
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Cashel
Dublin, Ireland
“Horrible Tea and very dirty place to eat”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My girlfriend and I came in here to get some tea and cake. When I went up to order, the service was all over the place, they handed me a jug of milk which had just been used by another table, I asked for it to replaced which she did, but I thought that was very unhygienic. We got our tea and sat down upstairs where there was less noise. There was a staff member cleaning the tables right next to us spraying polish all over us while we were eating. I had to tell her to stop it. The tea tasted gone off. either the milk was gone off or they use the cheapest t bags ever made. It was horrible. Stay away from this place unless you like to eat in filth.

• Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For discerning Galtees hikers”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, delicious home baking, good coffee, and great to find open first thing Sunday morning.

1 Thank Elizabeth K
“Average place, nothing special”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner went here for afternoon tea. The place was fine, the service was average. Good for people watching if you get a seat near the window. The cakes are average, but the one thing that brought the place down was the tea. The tea was awful, so much so we didn't drink it. Seems to me like the cheapest of cheap tea bags are used. Disappointing overall visit.

• Visited August 2014
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“Nice respite”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

After touring the Rock of Cashel, a friend and I found the Bake House (a short walk away).
The main floor is a take away shop, but if you go upstairs there is a tea room. Perfect for a mid morning or mid afternoon pick-me-up. Service is counter style. Nothing overly fancy in the offerings, but the tea is piping hot, the sandwiches fresh and filling, and the scones and cakes were fresh and tasty.
Decor is snug and cozy. Chairs and tables are a bit mismatched. As someone previously mentioned, a little dated, but that only makes it seem cozier. If you like Shabby Chic style, this is similar, only without the chinz.
The staff was friendly. The food filling and tasty. A nice way to pass a bit of time after taking in the local history.

• Visited May 2014
“Great place for a cup of tea and a treat”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My friend and I stopped in here looking for a place to get a hot drink and a snack. The service was welcoming and the tiny tea room was clean. I had tea and my friend had hot chocolate, and we both got a nice treat from the bakery. The cakes were lovely and everything was a good value.

• Visited May 2014