“Senior Dublin Couple”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cashel
Dublin, Ireland
“Senior Dublin Couple”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and myself spent two wonderful relaxing days at the Zetland .
The view from our room was fantastic, dinner in the dining room overlooking the Bay was superb.

Martina and Pam couldn't do enough and Colm,the owner, entertained us in the bar every evening with his stories.

Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dublin
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a wonderful 3-day stay at the Zetland Hotel. It was one of the most charming, welcoming hotels we have stayed in. The staff were outstanding in their friendliness and helpfulness. I felt thoroughly relaxed during our stay and will most certainly return again. Well done Zetland Hotel
Pam and Jenny

Room Tip: The De-Luxe downstairs bedrooms were most comfortable
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pam R
Ireland
Reviewed 21 June 2014

it is exactly what it says "a beautiful country house hotel",i was met by Martina who is very friendly and thorough ,i asked would i have a view of the sea from my room and wow did i have a view,my room looked straigh over the bay and the evening was beautiful,The room it self was large and tradidtional country house style,the towels in the bath room were so soft,I had dinner in there dining room which has a panaromic view overt he bay as well.Excellent food with the Lambshank to die for,hope to be back there again .Thank you

Room Tip: GO WEST,u will love it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mul22uk
Fernie, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A lovely hotel; beautiful rooms, very cozy lobby complete with fireplace, wonderful food and excellent, friendly, staff. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, too bad it was just one night. I would go back to Ireland just to stay there and I sincerely hope one day I get the pleasure of visiting again!

Room Tip: I don't remember my exact room number, but I felt like the Queen of England, it was so lovely. H...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CaroldW2014
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was invited recently to a woodcock shoot at the above hotel. What a surprise I got!! The day started at 9.30 the dogs hunted great and the beaters worked very diligently. We shot up until lunchtime and then retired back to the hotel for hot ports and a Silver Service lunch. The lunch was brilliant from start to finish. We re-commenced the shoot early afternoon when shooters, beaters and dogs were all watered and fed. I felt very privileged to be invited to the shoot, as I am told all shoots at the Zetland are booked out from one year to the next. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and bagged 11 birds!! It is easy seeing why the shoots are so successful as Redmond himself is a jolly and likeable character, he takes a huge personal and passionate interest in the shoot itself. Looking forward to returning!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sam A
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Recently spent two nights in the Zetland and would recommend this place to anyone. We were the only guests in the hotel at the time (due I think to the time of year) and the staff could not have done more to make our stay as pleasant as possible. A table was set up for dinner in the lovely drawing room in front of a real fire and food was delicious. Breakfast was served in our room which had a beautiful aspect. The hotel could use some cosmetic renovations but all in all we had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to make a return visit. Connemara is a magical place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
reading
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had booked a meal for 4 to celebrate a special birthday and a bit of a 'Hen" do for that person.
the staff made it quite special and allowed us to have the fun and quirky games we planned.
the food was good and the atmosphere conducive to a good time
a cake was made and served to feed the whole bar let alone 4 of us.

Great hotel and atmosphere

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
Carna Bay Hotel
Ardagh Hotel & Restaurant
Peacockes Hotel
Peacockes Hotel
#1 of 3 in Maam Cross

Been to Zetland Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!