“Danger Zone”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Lebanon
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Danger Zone”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Asked for non smoking and it smelled like smoke. In the middle of the night the A/C quit working. They told me I had to turn it to a warmer setting so I asked for another room. The room they move me to had beer bottle, a soda can and other trash on the floor plus after pulling the blanket back there was dirt. I demandeda 3rd room and that room didn't have supplies. I talked with the manager the next morning to explain my horrible stay and he said he can't do anything for me. Listen its worth an extra $10 or $20 bucks to stay at a different hotel

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank mcc_3311987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The motel was not very clean. The beds were so-so. We had asked them if the pool was open. They said yes. After we got our swimsuits on and went to pool, the gate was locked! They said that because of the weather approaching, they closed the pool.There was not a cloud in the sky.Some other family that had been there a week, said they told them that every day but an inspector had just left a couple days before and hadn't opened since.Everyone at the front counter was rude except a man that was there the first night we checked in.

The breakfast was a store bought donut on the counter or cereal. That was it.

Room Tip: No good room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bclouse
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed at! Normally I check reviews before booking hotels, however, we were headed to Vandy and decided to stop for the night. It had a great price so I really was not expecting it to be excellent. I did expect it to be clean at least! We got to our room with a 6 yr old and 2 yr old and I wouldnt let thm step foot off the beds! I do not think they had ever vacuumed! The bathtub was atrocious! I went and bought bleach just to clean it so my kids could shower! My hubs went up front early on and asked for a bowl to put his chip dip in and the woman running the front counter said "we do not supply weeklies with their dinnerware. My hubs said "we are only staying the night. I would NEVER live in this crappy hotel for more than absoluely necessary!" She ended up giving him a bowl. Mind you it is a SINGLE bowl for chip dip! The pillow cases and sheets were stained yellow. I unpacked our bed stuff we always have on road trips. My bed stuff is going home in a trash bag to be bleached! Also, my hubs went to open the microwave and there was a bowl of someones moldy food left in there. This hotel was the nastiest thing have ever seen! This is a feat seeing how I grew up on a farm! At this point, sleeping with a hog in a mud puddle would have been more sanitary!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank svnnhprice
Wears Valley, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this knights inn in Lebanon for 3 nights , was ok for the price we paid on expedia $105 for the 3. Room was clean enough , no coffee machine or microwave/fridge though as normally typical for these low budget hotels. Not much of a breakfast, pretty poor but it was fair.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank willowwillow22
Hobart, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We used our AAA to get a discount from $43.99 to $38.99. Then we got there and the advertised rate on the interstate as well as at the hotel was 'Rates starting at $34.99. I figured that meant the lower rate would go with a room with no fridge or microwave. I have to have a fridge for my medicine, so I didn't say anything, although it didn't set well with me. They gave us a room and we went and hauled in a load, but there was no fridge or microwave. There were no more 1st floor rooms that were non-smoking with a fridge and microwave. So we hobbled up to a 2nd floor room and it had no fridge or microwave. They sent us to yet a 3rd room, which had the fridge and microwave, but it was on the 2nd floor. Stairs are difficult for me without luggage, but with luggage, it's a big order! The room had 2 very skimpy towels and wash cloths; no coffee or coffee pot and a nasty looking comforter with holes burned into it and blood stains. That comforter should be replaced. I had to move the chest that held the TV to get to a plug for my laptop. The remote for the TV didn't work right. (It turned the TV on, but it wouldn't turn it off.) The lady at the front apologized over and over for sending us on a wild goose chase 3 times, but talk is cheap; if they were really sorry they would have given us a discount or a coupon for a discounted stay in the future or something to prove their sorrow. Actually, it made it really clear to me that SORRY is exactly what they are and I will not likely ever stay at a Knights Inn in the future. The breakfast was pathetic. They had fruit loops, sweet cheerios and raisin brain, some little tiny chocolate donuts and white and wheat bread for toast. There was some form of orange juice that looked like Tang and apple juice and coffee that smelled burned. I ate a cup of dry raisin bran; who could trust the milk? Throughout our whole breakfast the guy behind the counter (I suspect he may have been the owner or the manager) was ranting about something. Nobody ever got in a word edgewise; he was ranting the whole time. It felt to me like the Fox News channel was going on and on about some kick they get on and I couldn't change the channel. The whole thing was pretty miserable. The Wifi DID work and I could get a night's sleep. The fridge did work, so my medicine was saved. I guess it wasn't all bad.

Room Tip: I think mostly people who stay here are staying at a weekly rate. I saw folks who brought their own...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Maryjo S
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel was dirty, nasty and disgusting!!! Stay away!!!!! Two nasty towels for three people, bedsheets and mattress nasty , had bugs on them. Room smelled aweful, bathroom smelled like a outhouse!!! Curtains and bedsheets were nasty and torn. The exterior hallways stunk, all curtains showing to the exterior were dirty and torn. No ammenities in room as stated.. floors were dirty and stained. We left immediately!!!!! Every hotel was booked for more than 30 miles around and every where we tried said to stay away from Knites Inn !!!! That is a great hint if you don't believe what I'm telling you.. Travelocity suggested this hotel and backs this hotel on there site.. when I complained to them about this hotel they were as bad as the hotel!! Don't use Travelocity and stay away from the Knites Inn. La Quinta made room for us at 5am so my young daughter could get some sleep and off the streets and didn't even want to charge us for staying ... Not to mention La Quinta was clean and very nice on top of excellent customer service!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank nursebarbie08
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The bottom of my feet became dirty after getting out of the shower, drying off, and walking to the bed, this the rug was dirty. The doors do not close easily, thus slam whereby the door three rooms down from me rattles the windows of my room (and that room continuously had all different people coming and going through the night, never the same person twice). There was no bath soap nor shampoo, and the manager tells Knights Inn does not require him to provide bath soap and shampoo and not providing soap and shampoo for the shower is one way he maximizes his profits. I thought this was an oversight by the cleaning crew, but turned out otherwise --- the manager actually told me that if I wanted to take a shower in this hotel room that I am to purchase my own bath soap and shampoo from a local store.

Room Tip: Evidently according to this manager, each Knights Inn is not required to supply soap, shampoo, or a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo