“Awesome Staff, Clean & Friendly!”

Comfort Suites Lebanon
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We called ahead to see if we could check in early. Melissa said that it would be no problem. We arrived around 10:30 on a Friday morning. We checked in quickly. Melissa was helpful and asked if we'd like to upgrade our room for just $4 more than what we had booked on line. We did do that. The hotel was in the middle of a renovation and I was a little worried that there might be a lot of noise from the renovation but that was not a problem at all.
One of the reviews indicated that when you checked in the staff gave you fresh baked cookies. I asked about them because chocolate chip cookies are my weakness. Well, I was disappointed to learn that they didn't have cookies but was elated to know that they had chocolate covered strawberries. However, the strawberries wouldn't be in until later in the day. Melissa & Elizabeth were kind enough to put a few back for us!
Our room was fresh & clean. We were far enough from the elevator so that we didn't hear elevator noise through the night but the side of the hotel that we were on we could hear street noise throughout the night.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Comfort Suites again but would ask for a room on the other side of the building.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the backside of the hotel so that hopefully you aren't able to hear street nois...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
manager_tn316, Manager at Comfort Suites Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Kim,
I am so glad you enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries, Elizabeth made them for Valentines day as a special treat for our guest checking in. Thank you for taking the time to do a review and so glad you enjoyed your stay. I do hope you will be coming back to see us again in the future. We are excited about the upgrades and new look that we are doing and can't wait for your guest to see our new lobby, new rooms and many extra's that we are doing. We plan to have most everything completed by early summer.
Once again thank you and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I am extremely impressed with how big the rooms are. I love that it has a refrigerator and microwave in every suite. Very clean. It is convenient to the interstate. O'charleys in the parking lot was an added bonus. I would highly recommend this hotel. Very nice staff. There is construction going on but It seemed out of the way and hardly noticeable. I am very happy about our stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014

ASL2GIRLGS,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are looking forward to completing our renovations which will be early spring. We hope you will be back to see us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have been at this location for 2 1/2 months (with another 3 to go) due to a project in the area, and of all the Lebanon hotels this is probably the best. ...but I am far from enamored with this hotel.
Housekeeping does a reasonable job, linens nice and crisp, adequate television channels (flat screens), etc.
Breakfast is nothing to write home about. Same every day...lukewarm eggs and sausage patties, hardboiled eggs, bland sausage gravy, and one of those infernal waffle machines.
Pool area is normally deserted and the hot tub is clean and hot. O'Charlies next door, a shop and rob a short walk, everything else is a drive across I40.
Still, I can't get too excited about this place. Just not a friendly place . Considering the months I have been here and the 100's of times I have walked past counter he desk personnel you would think the staff would be at least somewhat friendly. That rarely happens. In fact, when the internet was down (and my aircard bit the dust the same day) the manager was snippy about it to say the least. desck staff always seems like they are rushing you along.
If there was a better option here in Lebanon I would switch....and perhaps I will after the holidays, it's not that it's bad, it's just....well....sterile....especially for a lodger in the midst of a 6 month stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bomar76
manager_tn316, Manager at Comfort Suites Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

OH NO!!! I am so sorry that we have let you down. We do appreciate you staying with us and also for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It is not our practice to not give our guest the service they so well deserve.
As the manager I am sorry that I was snippy with your about the internet being down...YES I may have came across like that but truely that is not my nature. I was doing everything I could to get it resolved and felt like I was getting nowhere (SORRY).
We do hope that you contiue your stay with us while you are in the Lebanon area working. Please feel free to speak with me directly if there is anything that you should need during your stay.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were very satisfied with our experience with this hotel. The people were friendly and had cookies waiting for us on arrival. The lobby was nice and had 2 customer computers to use. The breakfast was good with hot choices as well as cold. The beds were comfortable and clean. We had no complaints about this motel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here in Lebanon. I always encourage the staff to read the reviews as these are all because of them. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and YES the Cookies are a big hit with our guest. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future if you are in our area.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I knew the minute I walked into the lobby that the decor was very dated.But it was 10:30 pm and we were tired.Also there was a odor that I can't describe. Our room was just as dated as the lobby the wallpaper on the wall in the corner of the room was bubbling up and with a tug it would have come off.Also spots on bedspread not sure what that was.I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013
manager_tn316, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

We always appreciate feedback from our guest. I want you to know that we will be updating our property in the near future and we are excited about the upgrades we will be making. I hope that if you are in our area in the future you give our hotel another try.

General manager

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Always smiling..always helpful..quiet and very clean..excellent breakfasts and going the extra mile to make sure your stay at their Hotel is an enjoyable and memorable one...The rooms are clean and neat and spacious...I will continue to use this Hotel when I'm in Lebanon and also other comfort Suites in other cities or States...Quite satisfied!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. It is always nice to hear such kind words. We look foward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Something was going on in Tennessee as we passed through. Properties we would have normally looked for were fully booked. Fall leaves had not yet started changing, so I guess it was just the amazing September weather. We needed an intermediate rest stop on our way to Pigeon Forge. Lebanon was positioned at a good stopping point. We had not tried a Comfort Suites (a Choice Hotels property), but information about it online made it seem like a good place to go.

A BIG RESERVATION ABOUT THIS HOTEL: We just about left immediately when we entered our room and were overwhelmed by the powerful odor of strong cleaning chemicals. But the brands we sought out were unavailable. So we opened the door and tried to air it out, but we were never all that successful. Fortunately, nostalgic fatigue set in and a couple of Aleve mostly took care of our headaches.

The pool was clean. We slept fairly restfully in spite of a rather noisy wall a/c unit. The desk had easily accessible power outlets. But there were no easily accessible power outlets at the side tables on each side of the bed. I had to pull out a side table and unplug the clock.

A free breakfast is included but it had powdered eggs, sausage of unknown meat origin, and not much to choose from.

We will look for a different property if we return to this area.

For a complete report please visit frictionfactor.com/2426.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cloudstepper

We alway appreciate our guest taking the time to give their opinion and review our hotel when they have stayed with us. We understand that our guest do have different opinions and different expectations when they travel. It was unfortunate that we fell below these expectations. I have researched your complaint about the strong smell of chemicals and we have not changed what we currently use and so I am uncertain what kind of smell you are talking about.
I would like to also express to you that we do not use powdered eggs our eggs are a scrambled egg patty and we also do have hard boiled eggs. With our full hot breakfast you will find that we do have biscuites, gravy, whole pork sausage/ and turkey sausage/ certain days you will also find we have ham, with a wide variety of breads/bagel/danish/muffins-3 types of cereal, oatmeal. Fresh belgin waffles 3 varities of fresh fruit, 3 types of juices, cappichino, 3 varieties of coffee so we do have alot to choose from.
I want to thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I will definetly be looking into any of the issues that you had.