“Worst experience ever”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Lebanon
Pontotoc, Mississippi
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hotel is nice. Breakfast is great. Problem is they charged an extra $180 to my debit card and I couldn't get it back for a week. Totally ruined our trip. The manager of the hotel would not even get on the phone with me and the corp help line was no help.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dena M
gmlbacs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
DenaM,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We have a debit card policy which we state to each guest upon check in before we collect the funds to confirm that you want to pay with a debit card. Once our front desk agents swipe your card the money is held for at least 48-72 hours. We apologize cash was collected after the swiping of your debit card. If in the future you will let us know prior that you will be paying cash we can authorize your card properly so we do not take all the funds out of your account. We hope you will give us another chance and make things right for you the next time around.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
CMI, IL
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was before 11 after hours drive in and ahead of 10 more. I stopped to have a nice sleep and rest. Well, it didn't happen. There was a lot of noise in the room and its surrounds. The refrigerator or made and the air-conditioned made a lot of noise. You could hear the TV from your neighbors . Bottom line, couldn't sleep well. Below average breakfast.
I complaint about my sleep quality, but the Management gave me a few point towards my Priority Club account. Charging almost $200 for a 10 hours stay with poor sleep quality, it is outrages.
I don't think I'll stay in this chain again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SergioCMI
SergioCMI,

We thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay but unfortunately, I (the AGM) personally took your reservation over the phone in a jacuzzi suite room, which was what you had requested upon booking. We do let all of our guest know what the rate of the room will be prior to arrival and is also printed on the registration card that you signed upon check in. If you would have let us know during the call back we made to you after check in to see if everything was excellent we would have moved you to another room right away, but we were not made aware of any issues at that time. We look forward to you returning back at our hotel and will make things right for you the next time around.
If you would like to speak with me personally please feel free to call me at 615.994.3225 and ask for the AGM.

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Was in town for a ball tourney and liked this property so much first time we booked again 2 weeks later. All I will say is I am very picky and judge hotel chains hard because I think its fair to people who reads reviews to know what they are getting into. I think trip adviser is the best tool on the web when booking a room. It has yet to let me down. I will def keep staying at this hotel when in this area. Free breakfast, late checkout, clean pool and nice fitness area.

• Stayed May 2013
gmlbacs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Christa1234,

Thank You for your excellent feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear your stay was flawless. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

GM
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here for one night on a Sunday Night. The room was great and the bed is as comfortable as Although available the desk clerk had a personal guest that came and met her for dinner and they sat for a very long time talking in the lobby. Also we did not receive a copy of our bill under our door like always. Otherwise very nice place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
gmlbacs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Tammy A,

Thank You for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you had a great experience with us, apologies for your bill not being under your door the next morning. We will look into this. We hope to see you again in the future.

Rushville, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Traveling to springtime trip to the Smokies my wife and I stopped hear overnight. We had a very pleasant check inn even though the young lady was very busy with several families. An excellent recommendation for dinner. The room was nice, clean and smelled fresh. Breakfast the next morning was well laid out and everything was well stocked and kept fresh. Very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank papawildcat
gmlbacs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Papawildcat,

Thank you for your kind comments, we really do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on a cross-country road trip. Clean, elegantly decorated, definitely has a "luxury budget" feel as I've experienced with a few other HIE properties. Free breakfast was adequate and my only "dislike" was that it felt like there were plastic coverings on the mattresses. Overall though, I'd recommend this hotel to others passing through town!

• Stayed May 2013
gmlbacs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Emzee43,

Thank You for your kind comments, we really do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent visit.
We look forward to your next stay.

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

The front desk clerk was efficient. Our room was clean and in good order. The breakfast was very good. We would definitely stay here again. The only minor complaint I had was that the thermostat was the most complicated I have encountered, and I stay in hotels over 100 nights per year.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
gmlbacs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
JoeFromOklahoma,

Thank You for your kind comments, we really do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your visit. We look forward to your next stay.