“GREAT INDOOR POOL!”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Lebanon
Springfield, Illinois
“GREAT INDOOR POOL!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Traveling with two boys, it's really all about the pool and this one was perfect! First of all, it was nice and warm in the pool and the pool area. We swam for several hours, so we'd all sleep well. Would definitely make this my go-to hotel when traveling through Nashville on vacations. The only downside is that going back and forth to the pool, you waited for the elevator in teh main lobby where everyone was checking in. Felt a little awkward while wet.

Rooms were nice and clean. Hotel service was great- friendly! Breakfast was just okay- but sufficient and free before hitting the road again.

For me- the pool was the highlight- which is what we were looking for!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
gmlbacs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Jessica S,

Thank You for your kind compliments, we hope to see you again soon the next time you are in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I did not stay at this hotel. I am an employee with a Holiday Inn in Knoxville and normally receive a discounted rate at affiliated hotels. I had a situation arise while I was traveling to where I needed to stay at a hotel and this hotel was the nearest to my location. I had all the necessary documents to get the discounted rate and I was refused that rate. However this wasn't what turned me off to the hotel as it was a last minute reservation and it was a long shot.

The guest representative did not seem to know how to operate the system and her attire was way to laid back with a bandanna wrapped around her head for professional dress. Working at a Holiday Inn, I know how easy it is to adjust the room rate for guests and how to accommodate their needs and she would not bargain with me to lower the rate below the regular rate $129. This is an outrageous price for the services of an express! I would have stayed if she went below $100

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matt D
gmlbacs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Matt D,

Our apologies that we were not able to offer you a employee rate reservation. As a employee you know that your reservations do have to be made online or thru central reservations, and not directly
at the hotel. And during peak times the rate may not be available for you to book. Our agent on staff did give you a discounted rate off the rack rate, but employee rate was not available during your stay. We hope we can accomodate your request the next time you are in our area.

Kentucky, God's Country!
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel has much going for it. The biggest negative is that the room lighting is so dingy that it's ridiculous. I don't know how any woman could put on makeup there or read a book for that matter. This is pushing "GREEN" to an extreme. It will lose our business in the future.

Room Tip: Bring your own lighting!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JTBTN
gmlbacs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear JTBKentucky,

Thank You for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our apologies that our room lighting was not up to your standards. We will definitely consider new bulbs at our next renovation. We also have black out blinds in all of our rooms which may be opened up. We hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Had a very pleasant night after a long drive. We arrived fairly late in the evening and we had no major issues checking in. Most of the staff was in a meeting and the guy at the desk wasn't real sure how to check us in and run my card so he just gave me the keys and asked that I stop by later which was fine. I would rather be sure it was done right. All in all it was just what we needed and I would stay there again. The room was bigger than I expected and it had a very large bathroom which is always a plus.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
gmlbacs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Alex,

Thank You for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience you had regarding our front desk agent not knowing how to run your credit card at check in, but we do assure you this will not happen again. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Natural Dam, Arkansas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The rooms were very clean and comfortable....we stopped in Lebanon to shop at the outlet mall located close...i loved the framed pictures throughout the hotel...do you know where/how i could order those?...thank you

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear mygyzmo121,,

Thank You for your excellent review and the kind comments about our picture frames throughout our hotel. Please feel free to call the hotel directly at 615-994-3225 and ask for the General Manager, and I would be more than happy to give the info for the picture frames. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I'm never really wowed by any hotel, 5 star...200 star...no star (as I prefer sleeping in my own bed), so I don't have much to say about the property. Everything I needed was there...Frosted flakes in the morning, a bed, and a treadmill.

What I am giving such a high rating for is the staff behind the counter! The southern hospitality was very pleasing! Shea was there both nights that I stayed, and she is just the sweetest little lady. Look for her in the show "Nashville"! Very quiet, very sweet! And talk about "down-home-feel-like-you've-known-her-all-your-life"...Penny was also a very nice lady and friendly as all get out! I could have talked to her all day if I didn't have to get on the road! Miss them already!

P.S. they didn't have a restaurant and I never ordered room service so the ratings for those mean nothing.

Room Tip: Talk to Shea or Penny!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
gmlbacs, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Darrin T,

So pleased to hear that Shea and Penney made your experience with us a memorable one! Our staff does take pride in their work and delivering "southern hospitality". We hope to see you again soon the next time you are in Lebanon,TN.

Bluffton, Indiana
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express Suites in Lebanon on our way to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We stayed just one night but really everything was perfect. The clerk at the front desk was sweet and pleasant and we found our room extremely clean and quiet. The breakfast in the lobby the next morning was awesome. It was clean and well stocked with pastries, cereals, eggs, sausage, and wonderful sausage gravy and biscuits. My only complaint would be that their pancake machine was out of order. Our kids were really bummed. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again without hesitation!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
gmlbacs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear rhinek1222,

Thank You for your kind compliments. Making every guest stay as great as yours is always our goal. We apologize for the pancake machine being down but it needed minor repairs. We hope to see you again in your future travel.