“WE MUST HAVE VISITED ON THEIR "OFF" DAY!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Los Compadres Mexican
Ranked #22 of 130 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Mexican
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“WE MUST HAVE VISITED ON THEIR "OFF" DAY!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

While planning a nostalgic driving trip that would take us through Lebanon I first looked for a restaurant that had top reviews on TripAdvisor. That is why we selected this restaurant which was ranked #1 in Lebanon, TN. It was Sunday lunch when they have a big buffet for the large after-church crowd. We got there toward the end of the "rush" so were not surprised the steam tabled food looked a bit past its prime and decided to order off the menu. We both had fajitas which were overcooked, in fact the meat was slightly burned. This place is very large and it was a busy day so we didn't make a fuss and chose to say nothing. We didn't even want a box to carry out what was left over, which is unusual for us. We probably wouldn't be back even if we lived near there, but in all fairness to the restaurant my advice would be to try it on a slower day.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank HappyGran1

Brush Creek, Tennessee
“This is our favorite Mexican place!”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

We've been coming here for many years and it's just always consistently good. Most everything is good. I really like the tacos authenticos! Just a great all around dish! Great margaritas!!! And love that they make the top shelf guacamole right at your table! Really good stuff!

Sumter, South Carolina
“Mex to the Max”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I am from New Mexico and was really wanting some good Mexican food and this restaurant delivered to all 4 of us. As someone who is gluten intolerant Mexican food is my go to when going out so I have had well over my share of so-so and yucky mexican food. This was lots of food for your $ and well cooked with plenty of flavor. We all had different meals and all of them were great but mine was the best.

We started off with the table salsa and chips which was really nice as the salsa had a good deep flavor and heat but wasn't trying to melt anyone. (we all can eat medium level chili with no problems)
I had the Shrimp Fajitas with Mexican rice, refried beans and all of the traditional toppings. What took it out of the normal realm was the great cheese sauce and the fact that everything was cooked correctly. The rice was NOT just white rice with tomatoes but true mexican rice with the deep richness of rice cooked with tomatoes, chili, onions and salsa. The shrimp were tender and yummy and plenty of them, non of the skimpy small 6 you usually get. The others had burritos and combo plates that they said were just as yummy as mine. (as they had flour tortillas I could not taste them).

All delivered at a price that was competitive but not out of this world. The service was fast and friendly with special touches like a wrought iron cactus to hold our purses and hats. The decor was fun and different while still evoking Mexico.

I look forward to going back when we visit our friends again.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank weilok
Amherst
“Lebanon, Tn”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Excellent food and atmosphere. My meal was in a cast iron pot(bowl) was hot. One of the best Mexican meals I've ever eaten. The service was great and the waiter and server were very friendly. If I'm ever back in the area, I'll diffenet

• Visited September 2013
Columbus, Georgia
“Great Margarita!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were with a huge crowd so we expected slowness. A fellow dining companion needed a gluten free menu and finding anyone who could understand and provide that was a challenge but we had an awesome time!

Visited October 2013