“The reviews are true!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Lebanon
Nashville, TN
“The reviews are true!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed here last night. I was displaced from my own home late yesterday due to a plumbing issue (don't ask, but it was very smelly). So I needed cheap and basic for a night. This property absolutely fit the bill.

First, the "bad:"

Here's what you WON'T find at this property:
*Crystal stemware
*Valet parking
*A glorious chandelier in the lobby
*Room service
*800-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets
*A piano bar
*An on-site masseuse
*Sterling flatware

Here's what ELSE you WON'T find on this property:
*Shady characters hanging around the parking lot
*Crumby, dank rooms with half the lights not working
*Disrepair
*Surly, uncaring staff
*Noise from the interstate
*Scary, dirty stuff that may have been there for twenty years

If you want all of that stuff in the first bit, then you're looking for the wrong place. Keep on driving and pay $400/night at the Hermitage Hotel or whatever. There's nothing wrong with wanting that, but you need to pay for it, and this place is about good value for the dollar, not opulence.

Now the "good:"
Here's what you WILL find at this property:
*Clean, basic rooms
*A clean and inviting lobby
*A reasonably satisfying breakfast
*Quiet

I'm providing details below, but for anyone reading these reviews who just wants to know if they are getting a decent place to sleep or a dump, then know without question that this property is well-managed and clean and AT LEAST up to your expectations.

I needed a clean, basic place to sleep, watch TV, generally chill, and then get a hot shower and a hot breakfast in the morning before I went back home to deal with the nasty issue I had to deal with. I decided to trust the reviews here, and I was not wrong. This was EXACTLY what I needed at the moment, and no one would realistically have a complaint about this property.

Check-in was great, completed in under five minutes, even with a ringing phone and such. We discussed different rooms, and my options were offered to me. I was completely happy with what I was able to get.

The exterior property is clearly well-maintained. The parking lot obviously is relatively recently sealed and striped. The painted surfaces clearly have been maintained and painted recently. The roof appears to be relatively new. The windows and other glass surfaces are crystal clear and definitely clean. The landscaping is as nice as you'll find at at a current Hilton or Marriott property.

The room was actually even better than I would have expected from the reviews.

The walls are of the faux-stucco style, but clearly were recently painted and done well; clearly NOT a sloppy paint job: no paint on the outlets or switch plates or anything like that. Someone took care to DO THIS RIGHT. There is tasteful artwork over each of the beds, and the colors are nice and comfortable. No smudges, stains, etc. on the walls; they were as clean as anyone would expect in their own home. No fingerprints or darkened areas where people obviously touch areas frequently, such as the door edge and such. Everything in that regard was as clean as any sane person would expect in their own home.

Door worked exactly as anyone would expect that it would. On my room (#108), the door was not spring-loaded to slam shut, which I really appreciate: I'd like to be able to get to my car's trunk and carry something in without the door slamming shut and locking me out before I get there. I never heard other slamming doors, so I must presume that other doors also were not spring-loaded (and slamming doors are a pet peeve of mine for hotels of all stripes).

The carpet was obviously not brand new (which is a ludicrous expectation for any hotel unless the whole joint is brand new) but it was in excellent repair, clean, soft enough, and tasteful. I was happy to take my shoes off as soon as I got in the room.

The vanity was of the faux-marble variety, but clean, un-blemished, and certainly better than the typical formica. Plentiful soap, shampoo, tissues, etc. were there. There's a hanging area (WITH hangers) there to hang up anything you need. Iron, ironing board, hair dryer ... everything a typical traveler needs is there, working, and ready to use. There was a nice coffee maker there with ready makings for a couple of cups of coffee. I did not use this as I am not a big coffee-drinker, but I know that big coffee people would greatly appreciate this.

The bathroom itself had what appeared to be relatively new tile. Well-laid, not cracked, not crooked. The toilet was new, apparently of the water-saver variety, but it works (unlike most water-saver toilets), and is quiet enough. The tub is that of the '70s hotel variety: too shallow for a drunk or a rock star to drown themselves, but it was absolutely immaculate and worked perfectly.

I had a two-queen-bed room. Ideally, I would have liked a king bed, but I was showing up at the last minute, so I was glad to take what I could get, particularly for my personal wants (first floor and smoking). The two beds were definitely comfortable. I would have personally liked a bed a shade harder, but then I am spoiled on a SleepNumber bed at home and am most comfortable on a slab of concrete, so for 99.99% of the public, these beds will be just right. The linens were obviously clean and they were soft. No, they were not 800-thread-count Egyptian cotton, but they were definitely VERY comfortable and soft. The bedspreads were new or at least very close to it. I definitely had a very good sleep out of it.

The room had a reasonably nice 3' table and a couple of chairs, which worked well for me as I needed a small space to spread out a couple of files. It's not a full desk by any imagination, but it's a couple of comfortable chairs and a clean, hard horizontal surface.

The A/C cooled the room down within ten minutes (it was a warm night here last night). While not silent, it was certainly quiet enough to be non-noticeable once the room had cooled down.

The TV is of the tube variety, but the picture is good, and there's a good spread of channels available: there is a good variety of channels, with several sports channels, several news channels, locals, and then a smattering of what any reasonable person would expect from at least a basic cable package: TBS, FX, WGN, TNT, History Channel, etc. The point being that there's plenty of entertainment, more than enough for anyone to expect in such a location at such a price. No one has any valid complaints here.

In the morning, I got a good breakfast. The breakfast room is not very large: it seats about 20 or so, and there's a little bit of a "shuffle" to get to everything, but it works well enough. At least this morning, they offered biscuits and gravy (a Southern staple), hard-boiled eggs, a variety of danishes and breads for toast as well as a variety of bagels, complete with spreads for each, make-your-own waffles, cereal with milk, coffee and tea, and juice. This was more than plenty of breakfast for me and indeed most people. If, however, you just really want something more substantial, there is a Waffle House within immediate walking distance (probably 150 feet from the lobby door), as well as a Shoney's with their famous breakfast bar almost directly across the street (less than 100 yards).

The shower worked as well as I would expect at home: the spray was forceful enough without being painful needles of water. Water was hot enough within a few moments, and the adjustment was easy enough. Drain worked well. The shower head was, quite thankfully, mounted high enough that it didn't just spray me on my sternum, but instead was high enough to get wet, shampoo, all that sort of stuff without having to stoop to get it done. The shower curtain bar is of the curved variety, and the curtain itself is fine. More than plenty of towels, washcloths, etc. No, they're not Egyptian cotton bath sheets that are softer than kittens, but they're big enough to work to get dry and soft enough for an average American to be fine with them to get dry.

So the place is Nirvana, right? Well, no. It's just a place that clearly is well-maintained and well-cared-for by a staff that cares about what they are doing and takes some pride in what they do, doubtless led by the management of the facility. It's not PERFECT, it's just a case of people doing well with what they have. I went in with a critical eye, and I DID find some problems. I had to look *REALLY* hard to find something to complain about, but I did indeed find some imperfections:

*The full-length mirror had an upper-left corner that was not cleaned. It seems apparent that whoever cleaned the room couldn't reach the two inches of the very tip-top of the upper left corner of this mirror. It absolutely was not in any line of sight and barely noticeable, but it was there. AH HA! I found something wrong! Sound the alarm!

*There is another mirror over the luggage-rest. There is also an un-used bracket on the wall that presumably once upon a time held a television. That bracket causes the mirror to hang slightly akilter. If you're severely OCD, this will probably bother you immensely. If you're a normal human being, then you'll just smirk at it and go on with your life. The bracket should be removed, and I suspect that it hasn't been because it's probably very securely bolted into a firewall behind the regular wall. That bracket should be removed, but really the mirror itself is superfluous, as it is right next to the full-length mirror mentioned above. A nice print will serve this area just fine, especially if that bracket cannot easily be removed.

*There is visible wear on the furnishings. It's minor: corners showing wear and that sort of thing. The furnishings are completely solid. This isn't really a complaint, because I've seen an equal amount of wear in properties bearing the name Marriott, Hilton, DoubleTree, Crowne Plaza, etc. Like I said, this is literally TRYING to find something wrong.

So there you have it. I managed to find some problems by looking really hard to find some. :)

Overall, there is absolutely no question that if you need a good night's sleep, this is the place for you. It's not glamorous, nor is it meant to be. If you are looking for a good place to pull off the road and get a good night's sleep, this is the place for you. If you have business in Lebanon or Mount Juliet or even Nashville, this is the places for you. If you are looking for an opulent lifestyle, to be waited on hand and foot, then you need to go somewhere else and pay the prices accordingly. This is not the Ritz-Carlton and it never will be. It IS, however, a good place to lay your head for a night or even a few nights in the area.

My kudos to the staff and management of the EconoLodge Lebanon. They clearly take pride in their work and their property. Any reasonable person would appreciate spending a night here.

Room Tip: If you are staying in this area but need to be in downtown Nashville, you're a very short drive...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Nashville_Agent
gm_tn109, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
WOW.. Thank you so much for the fantastic comments and the time you taken out to write this great detailed review. Your positive words about our Hotel and Service are highly appreciated. Thank you for sharing them with us. It will motivate us to optimize our focus to ensure memorable moments and personal service in our Hotel. To comment on the few issues you mention the bracket on the wall is for our flat screen TVs which we are in the process of installing, and the cleanliness of the mirror I will definitely get that corrected with my housekeeping staff. It is always nice to see the outcome of our efforts. All the best and hope to see you soon again!

Brad Hood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My family and I were looking for a place to stay while visiting Long Hunter State Park. The park's campground was closed due to the government shutdown so I began looking for hotels. I came across this Econo Lodge and was glad I did. I had never stayed at an Econo Lodge before but decided to give this one a try based on recent reviews and the price. The room was very clean, the staff very friendly, and the continental breakfast was a plus. Check-in at this hotel was probably the easiest and friendliest I have ever encountered. My stay here prompted me to choose another Econo Lodge for a later trip. I had a very positive and comfortable stay. I would stay here again if back in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
gm_tn109, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Scott B

thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you staying with us while here in Lebanon, and we are thrilled to have provided you with such comfortable accommodations. I will pass your kind words on to the staff, and once again, thank you so much for your 5 star review!

Pekin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

read all the great reviews, i was very reluctant as I usually dont stay at econolodge style hotels but was sure priced a lot cheaper than anything else in the area, checked in and saw that they were 2013, 2014 award winners so far so good. Opened my room and saw a tv that looked like it was from the 70's and thought here we go. But wow a spotlessly clean room , comfortable bed, quiet, hot shower....I was absolutely impressed, if you are looking for an inexpensive no frills clean comfortable hotel this is the place. It is quite obvious this hotel is extremely well ran as every phase of the operation ran by the employees was top notch. ( front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, management. ) A big thank-you for a pleasantly surprising very satisfied three night stay.!!!! Now , lets get some new televisions !!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank saltlife91
gm_tn109, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
saltlife91

Thanks for your kind words about our property and our staff! We take pride in offering the best customer service and cleanliness of our rooms! We are currently in the process of installing new TV's unfortunately your room was one that hasn't got replaced yet. We are also installing all new bedding, We be glad to provide your lodging needs next time your in this area.

Xenia, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

So pleasantly surprised at this hotel. Very, very clean, super comfortable. Whisper quiet. Friendly staff... great free breakfast (YUMMY BISCUITS!), ample parking.

We would absolutely stay again.

The ONLY criticism I have is the treadmill in the fitness room was out of order, but that wasn't the end of the world at all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gm_tn109, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thanks for your kind words about our property and our staff! We take pride in offering the best customer service and cleanliness of our rooms! Thanks for the information about the treadmill we since have gotten up and going again sorry it was down during your visit. We will be glad to provide your lodging needs next time your in this area.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had just had a horrible stay at a hotel across the road and called around to see what rooms were available at each hotel. There were a few in the direct vicinity from where I was staying (Econo Lodge was of them). I initially didn't book there because it was a little more than what the other hotel (my initial reservation) across the road was. After one night at that other hotel, I had to leave because of the conditions of the other hotel. When I had called around; the lady at the front desk of the Econo helped me out immensely and got me a room. The room was very nice and the service was great, too. The hotel was/is very clean and quiet. The lobby area was very clean, too. If I ever go back that way I will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_tn109, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We strive in providing the best guest service and cleanliness of our rooms. We are so happy that you had a memorable stay while you were visiting Lebanon. We are so excited that you will stay with us again when you are back in town. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments about your recent stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for fancy, then go somewhere else. If you are looking for clean, comfortable, quiet, then look no further. The night clerk was very friendly and super helpful. The room was clean, no weird smells. Conveniently located off the interstate and within close proximity to restaurants and fueling stations. Not a lot of highway noise. My only gripes would be the pillows are crappy and the bed was not the most comfortable, but still ok. Would stay here again, if needed.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank justwannacruise
gm_tn109, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
justwannacruise

Thanks for your kind words about our property and our staff! We take pride in offering the best customer service and cleanliness of our rooms! Sorry to hear of the issues with our bedding, we are currently working on getting new bedding options. We be glad to provide your lodging needs next time your in this area.

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have written a review for this property before, but that was a couple years ago. We arrived later in the evening on Dec. 22, 2013. We had requested a ground floor room, and that is what we received. The rooms are newly re-worked, and lovely. Very clean and updated. The lady working that night was very kind and inviting, and the Christmas tree in the lobby was pretty. A nice way to end our evening on the road. Breakfast during this stay was good, as usual, but there seemed to be a lack of fresh fruit... no bananas as normal, just apples. Hey, that's okay. There are many other things to eat. I believe they have biscuits and gravy (something I really don't eat anymore... but I do miss them). Various breads and bagels to toast and shmir are also available, a waffle station is also offered, as well as cereals. All in all a great stay and we will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: No tips really. I always ask for a ground floor room just because we never seemed to be organized en...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_tn109, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Arkansasfella

Thank you for your kind comments about our property! We strive in providing the best guest service and cleanliness of our rooms, if your every back in the area we would love to accomdate your lodging needs!

Kind Regards