“only place to stay”
Review of Doonmore Hotel

Doonmore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Inishbofin
Reviewed 19 April 2011

This is by far the best place to stay on Inishbofin. I have visited the island a few times and stayed in other hotels the Doonmore wins hands down. The welcome and hospitality the guests recieve from Murrays is excellent. You couldnt find nicer staff who go out of their way to help you. The food is lovely - lots of choice, great wine list also, The rooms are spotless, good size and the bed was comfortable. I scored low on sleep quality - nothing to do with noise, it my own fault as I stayed up too late as there was such good fun and music in the bar with local musicans! But my mum went to bed earlier and she didnt hear any noise at all. Finally it very reasonably priced and great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank irishtravelfan

Reviewed 2 September 2010

My partner and I booked one of the special deals we heard on Newstalk. €195 for 2 nights bed and breakfast, including a 3 course meal each night and one activity. Great value for money! I chose scuba diving and my partner chose a massage. My partner commented that the massage was the best he's ever had and I really enjoyed the scuba diving. Both activities were really well organised. The hotel itself is in a great location on the Island. only a short walk from the harbour. The rooms are cosy and clean. The showers are gorgeous, really warm and very powerful, nearly every other guest we spoke to commented on how powerful the showers were! :-)
The staff were so hospitable and friendly and would do anything to help you enjoy your stay. We will no doubt return to Inishbofin at some stage and would return to Doonmore Hotel without hesitation.
Criticisms - the "broadband" took 30mins to open up google however we went to the island to get away from it all so I was happy the internet wasn't really usable. That's really about all I can complain about.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fletch555
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We did not stay in the hotel, but when it came to organise a family function, we were told by friends who have been going for over 10 years to Bofin that Murray's was THE place to choose.
So we did.
And we were not disappointed.
I had organised everything via email with the manager and had remained very vague in my requirements. The result was simply excellent. The food was plentiful and bountiful, the seafood incredibly fresh and inviting. The manager and staff came to check regularly that everything was ok, and making sure it was so.
The food lovers that we are were simply impressed. And all that at a very reasonable cost.
(we later came regularly for bar food and were not disappointed either).

An adress to remember and pass around.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Bénédicte H
Reviewed 3 August 2010

doonmore hotel is a really nice hotel on a stunning island, Inishbofin is a must visit.
The rooms were very comforable and great views from the hotel.
The bar food is very nice and reasonable but the restauraunt is expensive, better off sticking with the bar-food.
When we went to the restauant there was no price list, we were given a list of options for a 3 course meal for 35 euro.
Fair enough if you want a 3 course meal but I just wanted a main course, I ordered this without being given a price for it, it ended up costing 23 euro just for main course.
That was overpriced.
Apart from that a great hotel and I'd go back again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrelandMike
Reviewed 20 June 2010

such a wonderful hotel so clean very nice people. boat trip about 30 min Bikes for rent on the Iseland over all a great place to go and spend a few days.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2010

This is a truely fantabulous place! Staying at this hotel simply made my entire week on Innisboffin that much more enjoyable. The staff are friendly and accomodating without being in your face and the food... well words dont come close. If you are looking to stay on the island lok no further... this is THE place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2010

We have been going to the Doonmore Hotel for many years and it is always what it say's on the packet....a family run hotel where you get a wonderful welcome and good home cooking which is always consistent and somethingelse that these days is rare to find that there is actually still after 40 years lots of family working there! See you soon and thanks for all the wonderful holidays so far, roll on the next forty!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank garylevy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inishbofin
Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa
Abbeyglen Castle Hotel
Rosleague Manor Hotel
Rosleague Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Letterfrack

Been to Doonmore Hotel? Share your experiences!