All reviews crab claws murray family great music music session family run hotel the pub inishbofin island place to stay chowder family holiday friendly hotel home from home top class relaxing break bar food brown bread last weekend
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Top class service. Genuine caring staff. Comfortable homely spotless rooms. Great menu. Great value for money. Simply amazing music in the evening. It was my first stay at the Doonmore but it felt like going home. Will definitely be back.
Barry N.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Doonmore1, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear barryn209,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm delighted that you loved it so much and I really do hope you make it back home to us again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Weather it's bar food or an evening meal, the Doonmore Hotel is definitely the place to eat on Inishbofin. We were back to the Island again this year and the food proved excellent once again. Certainly one of my favourite starters has to be the pear, walnut and blue cheese, delicious. They have a fantastic choice of food on the menu and dish of the day is generally fantastic. As for desserts, it would be easy have a bit of everything! However, our children particularly loved the sticky toffee pudding.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Fiona O,

Thank you for your lovely review. Ah...the sticky toffee pudding, described by so many as the best they have even had! Your kids are obviously connoisseurs of the highest order. We won an award for Best Bar Food in Ireland for 2017 so I'm delighted that you enjoyed our fare so much.
I look forward to seeing you back again in 2018, thank you again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This is my third visit to the most beautiful place on this earth, the first time with my husband, the second time with my friend and again this year with my friend. I will be back with my husband next year and have already the return visit with my friend. The food is the best in the Doonmore Hotel, a great place to stay with trad music every night which is wonderful, The scenery and the tranquility is next to none. My favourite place on this earth to spend a few days and leave all the stresses of life behind you.

Room Tip: The room was perfect for our trip, we had a sea view room and it was awesome to wake up every morning with the sea as your first sight of the day.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear PEIG M,
Thank you, what a lovely review. It is fantastic to know that this place is so special to so many people, holding a truly special place in your hearts. It makes us very happy to be able to be a part of that.
See you a few times again next year hopefully.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Absolutely loved it. We've stayed before, but this was our first time with our children on the island. The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of room for us all. Food was really good and the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. I couldnt recommend Murrays (and Inishboffin itself) more highly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear CJLX1980,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your first stay with your children.
Thank you also for recommending us, word of mouth is our greatest ally.
I look forward to seeing you all again next year,

Reviewed 18 August 2017

A pleasure to stay in this family hotel. This is what hotels should be instead of our modern day 4 & 5-star cosmopolitan hotels which are all the same.This hotel has grace and gives personal attention to their guests. I love it here.

Room Tip: All sorted appropriately.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cyclingtourist_10

Dear Cyclingtourist_10,

Thank you so much for your review. I know I am slightly biased but I totally agree with you on hotels that are all the same. Having stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world, only a couple stand out in my memory, for that very reason.
I'm so glad you enjoyed what we do and I hope you come back for more of the same next year.