All reviews crab claws murray family great music music session family run hotel the pub inishbofin island place to stay chowder family holiday friendly hotel home from home top class relaxing break bar food brown bread last weekend
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Lovely cosy hotel, great food, friendly staff service and homely atmosphere. Have stayed there twice and will msot definitely be back. If you are there at the weekend, there is usually music in the bar. Am definitely going back next year.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Doonmore, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Sim1R,
Thank you for your great review. You have obviously been bitten by the Bofin bug and so have reached the status of 'Regular'.
We have music almost every night of the week for most of July and August, weekends at least in April, May and September and usually 3 to 4 nights a week in June so your chances of being here for one of the many famous sessions are pretty good. A quick phone call to us at 00 353 (0)95 45804 will establish whether there is a session booked or not if it is a deal breaker.
I'll see you next year anyway,
Thanks again,

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We've been to Inisibofin a few times but never stayed before. The Doonmore is simply a wonderful place. The food was delicious, we had crab claws and oysters total seafood heaven! The breakfast was lovely and my kids were delighted to see pancakes on the menu. The staff were lovely, I didn't get all of their names but there was Donna who was very friendly and a lovely fella from Galway City. The room was spotless too. The only downside was that we were there for only one night and left the place on a beautifully sunny day! I'm already planning a longer stay in 2018!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Good value, nice room, friendly staff, great location. I would recommend it to anyone wishing to experience the delights of Inishbofin. The breakfast was lovely with a good variety. I really enjoyed the evening meal too.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Una D,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I'm delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of it. As you recommend, we are ideally situated as a base to explore the island, with views from the front of the hotel so good many people choose to just sit there, relax and enjoy the great food and service while gazing out on the ocean.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Dooncastle oysters, Crab claws, chowder, smoked salmon, mussels .... Have lunch there on two days recently and it was the superb. Everything spanking fresh, delicious food. This made the trip to Inisboffin very special. We will be bab for the food festival in Oct. Staff so helpful and friendly while working hard. Can't say enough about it.... Well done everyone and thanks so much for taking care of us

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bartra17

Dear bartra17,

Thank you for your lovely review. I assume from your review that you didn't stay with us so I'm delighted that you enjoyed our lunch menu and our friendly helpful service so much.
The food festival is approaching fast and there will be some extra delightful local produce based dishes on the special Festival menu for you to enjoy.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I recently visited the Doonmore Hotel with a large group of colleagues. We could not have been better looked after by Andrew and his staff. They must have been the friendliest, most courteous staff I have ever encountered. We had fantastic food all weekend - calamari,
hake, cod, salmon, and fantastic crab!!!(They also catered more than adequately for the carnivores!!!) I think Inishbofin is the best of the Irish Islands for a visit and it reminds Irish people of days spent at Irish College!!!!

Room Tip: The annex is quieter than the main hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandyfordWicklow

Dear sandyfordWicklow,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to host your group and every one of the staff enjoyed your visit.
Our staff are indeed amongst the friendliest, most courteous and helpful that you are likely to encounter and they are frequently commented on by guests and customers from all walks of life and from all corners of the world.
I have no doubt that many of your group will be back to visit, seafood lovers and carnivores alike, and I look forward to seeing you again.