All reviews crab claws murray family great music music session family run hotel the pub inishbofin island place to stay chowder family holiday friendly hotel home from home top class relaxing break bar food brown bread last weekend
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We have stayed at the Doonmore Hotel for three years in a row. The hotel is comfortable, well located for walking, has a friendly and efficient staff, a good restaurant and a good bar. We intend to stay at the Doonmore Hotel again next summer

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim291
Doonmore, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Jim291,

Thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel. I hope you do make it 4 years in a row. We love to see people coming back and they do, a huge percentage of our guests are returning visitors.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Andrew and his family create a very relaxing environment in the Hotel where every guest feels as if he or she is part of the family and that is what makes it very welcoming. If you add the laid back atmosphere in the bar and restaurant throughout the day and evening and the impromptu traditional music at night then you have the formula for a great stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin O,

Thank you for your vrey positive review. I'm delighted that you felt part of the family during your stay with us. That is exactly how I like all our guests to feel, like you're coming home.
We like creating the atmosphere as we like everyone on holidays to feel relaxed and calm, that's how a stay on Inishbofin should be.
I want our guests to leave their cares behind and let us look after them..

Thank you again and I hope we see you in again 2018.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Love the Ambience, old world atmosphere & environment, staff are competent in a wholistic delivery of service, excellent food & entertainment. Invaluable experience- Bonus it's family co - ordinated Business.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Gretta B,

Thank you so much for your review. We are in our 49th year in this business now and the 3rd generation of the Murray family are involved in what is a family business in its fullest sense. We like to be hands on and love the ambience in the place; born out of its history but also helped by our guests. It is one of the delights of working here that we get to meet so many great people. People who appreciate this hotel and all that goes with it. People who, like yourself, add to the friendly atmosphere, the banter and criac that is so much a part of The Doonmore experience.
I hope we see you again this year.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I and my husband stayed at the Doonmore Hotel for two nights in July 2016 and 2017. We just loved staying at this family run Hotel. Andrew the owner is always on hand to make sure everyone is looked after and to give information about the Hotel and the Island. The Food is just fantastic, with home made brown bread, soups and desserts. It just tastes so good and so reasonably priced. The Hotel has a cosy bar/lounge area to read the papers or just look out at the views during the day while enjoying a coffee/lunch or a pint of the black stuff. In the evenings there is lively trad music which both Islanders and residences enjoy. A great friendly atmosphere. The accommodation is basic but has everything one needs. It’s clean and warm with tea/coffee and toiletries all provided. We spent most of our days out and about and it was just great to have our base in the Doonmore Hotel where we could come back for lunch, coffee etc or just relax. We enjoyed our time there so much we have already book 4 nights for July 2018!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear marieoK7004IE,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is so nice to know that you enjoy so much about the hotel and can relax and enjoy the island so much.
I look forward to seeing you again in July 2018.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I spent just one night at the Doonmore Hotel with friends, on my first visit to Ireland. It was a visit which I will never forget - a peaceful island retreat, excellent accomodation and food, and an unforgettable evening of music in the bar

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pat J

Dear Pat J,

Thank you for your review. I'm delihgted that you enoyed your time with us so much adn I hope you get back to us again in 2018.