We stayed here for a friday and saturday night recently, the hotel is not 4 star but the staff are pleasant, it is clean and the views and convenience of the location more than make up for any lack of star rating... I stayed here in 2010 and the one thing I remembered was that the dinner in the evening was delicious and very good value, however this was not our experience this time, there were 3 courses and tea/coffee for €35.00 - rather limited when you consider the location that seafood should be very much in evidence on the menu.. anyhow i had smoked salmon to start which was your average supermarket smoked salmon with some salad and dressing, my main course was sea bass with potato and veg, two very small pieces of fish came out on the plate covered in a horrible creamy looking sauce, you could not taste the fish for the sauce, the fish reminded me of what i normally buy in my local supermarket for a couple of euros, the veg were fine but the potato was very obviously cooked earlier and re heated - i was so disappointed, the food was not bad it was just bland and tasteless, my friend had Gnocchi which really wasnt much better and again covered in the same horrible sauce. As we didnt have desert we were charged €30 which really for the quality of food that was presented was extremely expensive - Chapter one in Dublin a michelin star restaurant charge €36.50 for their pre theatre menu and to have these menus priced almost the same was just ridicilous.
The breakfast in the hotel was very good, nice freshly cooked to order, did nt eat in the bar so cannot comment.
A lovely hotel but guys you really need to re think that dinner menu - the dining room was almost empty both nights and i can understand why.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inishbofin, the enchanted Island, is set in the wild splendour of Connemara, amid the magical beauty of sea, lake and mountains, located off the beautiful Galway and Mayo coastline in the west of Ireland. An oasis of modern luxury, with a warm island welcome, Inishbofin House Hotel is far removed from the daily distractions of the mainland. The hotel is guaranteed to provide a warm island welcome. Inishbofin House Hotel provides the perfect island getaway for families looking to rediscover nature or couples looking for a romantic break away from it all. With beautiful beaches, walks and cycling paths, an array of birds and other wildlife, the Island and Inishbofin House Hotel has something for everyone. All 34 en-suite rooms are fitted with contemporary furnishings designed in keeping with the beautiful island setting. Sea view rooms offer stunning views of rugged mountains and blue Atlantic waters. All rooms have luxurious beds complete with goose down duvets and pillows. Relax the afternoons away in our stylish Pier bar surrounded by spectacular harbour views. Enjoy casual informal dining with a selection of dishes from our bar food menu to suit everyone. Enjoy live traditional music with local musicians. Our restaurant menu is inspired by the sea and carries a range of dishes to reflect the days catch and the changing seasons. Our wine list caters for every palate with a thoughtful selection of new and old world wines to suit everyone. The Hotel Spa is the ideal place to relax after a day out exploring the island. The Marine Spa has six treatment rooms and a relaxation room. Many treatments are on offer ranging from massages to seaweed baths. VOYA products are used, which is an organic beauty range designed to delight and purify the body. The VOYA seaweed bath is a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Inishbofin
- Inishbofin House Hotel And Marine Spa
- Inishbofin Hotel Marine